PDA

View Full Version : May 9th - Need YOUR Help!

Kelly Pelrine
04-27-2010, 02:09 PM
Well guys & girls here it is. We need this next event to do well or there may not be any more OSM events at Kilkare after May. The track has been extremely forgiving and willing to work with us but they are also a business as we are. We are in business to make money and that still hasn't happened. Fortuantely with the new payout schedule i was and am able to pay the racers, and made just enough to pay our employees for April, but we were not able to pay the track rental. This is not good business.

Kilkare has very generously agreed to let us pay both rental fees at the Mother's Day event May 9th. So, in order to do that we need a MINIMUM of 534 paying spectators. I am asking all of you to please help us get as many spectators out as possible! We are doing more radio ads with 96 Pure Rock as well as ticket giveaways. But i feel the best advertising we can get is from you racers & fans ...word of mouth. So please help us keep this series going and ask anyone you know to come out & spend a great day with us!

Thank you all,
Kelly

Markcore
04-27-2010, 02:34 PM
Why 96 pure rock, and not 103.9 or WTUE - the local to the track stations?

Kelly, I want this to succeed as much as you do. I want to take these dudes money! ; ) But Mothers day with my family is spent in the back yard grilling out and goofing off with the family. Sorry.

Kelly Pelrine
04-27-2010, 02:43 PM
On a side note... i have proposed a very rough draft for a Saturday racing plan in which everyone, both OSM and their NHRA bracket program could run together, to Kilkare. This is something I don't want everyone getting their hopes up about, as there are many details to possibly be worked out and I'm not 100% sure its feasible yet. But, this would be the only other way we could stay in business other than getting spectator count up on Sundays.

Kelly Pelrine
04-27-2010, 02:44 PM
Why 96 pure rock, and not 103.9 or WTUE - the local to the track stations?

Kelly, I want this to succeed as much as you do. I want to take these dudes money! ; ) But Mothers day with my family is spent in the back yard grilling out and goofing off with the family. Sorry.

Ive tried some of the other local stations out of Dayton, they didnt pull near as much as 96 Rock did. Thats ok Mark, i understand!

outlaw85
04-27-2010, 04:40 PM
SATURDAY = SERIES SUCCESS

JASON408
04-27-2010, 07:07 PM
x10000000 on sat night . i know you have tried your ass off to get a sat night with little luck but if you can get it done it will help , .

AntiRice427
04-27-2010, 08:36 PM
I'm hoping to run my car in some OSM races this year but I just don't have any interest in spending $15 to spectate. A few of my freinds have also said that they wont spend that much to watch. I don't mean to be rude but I just don't think its worth 15 dollars to see these cars run. Its only five dollars more to get into the NMRA races and there is a lot more going on at those events. Alot of people do not want to here this but I think you need to charge a little more for entry fees and less for specator admission. I'm going to try to run at the May 9th race and I was planning to run every race after that. To be honest though I would feel bad asking freinds and faimly to come out and watch me race at 15 bucks a head. Hopefully I didn't piss anybody off here. Looking forward to running some OSM this year!!

Kelly Pelrine
04-28-2010, 07:24 AM
x10000000 on sat night . i know you have tried your ass off to get a sat night with little luck but if you can get it done it will help , .

I agree, i know the plan can work just need to see if it can be worked out. But first i have to get through May 9th lol. So thats why its so important we get enough folks out on that Sunday.

Kelly Pelrine
05-01-2010, 12:24 PM
Is anyone planning on coming out from this site, racing or watching? Just trying to get an idea of how many people we'll have, thanks!

Kelly Pelrine
05-01-2010, 12:30 PM
I'm hoping to run my car in some OSM races this year but I just don't have any interest in spending $15 to spectate. A few of my freinds have also said that they wont spend that much to watch. I don't mean to be rude but I just don't think its worth 15 dollars to see these cars run. Its only five dollars more to get into the NMRA races and there is a lot more going on at those events. Alot of people do not want to here this but I think you need to charge a little more for entry fees and less for specator admission. I'm going to try to run at the May 9th race and I was planning to run every race after that. To be honest though I would feel bad asking freinds and faimly to come out and watch me race at 15 bucks a head. Hopefully I didn't piss anybody off here. Looking forward to running some OSM this year!!

Hey Mike,

I wish i was able to possibly lower the spectator fee, but i tried that last year and even less people showed which hurt bad as i wasnt able to make payouts. So im very leary about doing that again. You didnt piss anyone off haha i like to hear all opinions. I do think that $15 isnt too much to ask, but when we have a low amount of entries, then yes i can see why people wouldnt want to pay that. Thats why i stress that its so important that everyone show. We need the fans so we need cars to bring them, it all works together. Im just kinda sad that the Dayton area doesnt seem to want to support the series. Now, thats not speaking for everyone because i know there are a lot of good people up there who wanna see this work. We jsut all have to work together to get it built up. If it gets going as i think it can, then i can start adding in more cool stuff to do on race day and things like that. But until then i have to keep things within budget and pray we can survive!

tmotorsports
05-01-2010, 11:39 PM
Is anyone planning on coming out from this site, racing or watching? Just trying to get an idea of how many people we'll have, thanks!

I will be there racing again.

k062693w
05-02-2010, 12:01 AM
The wife was reading over my shoulder Kelly, And said that we would all come (Me, Wife, 6 year old son, 23 month old son) and would all pay admission to help out !!!
She wants me to be able to race the OSM when my car is done !!!

k062693w
05-02-2010, 12:17 AM
I guess I should add ... She has no interest in cars, And it is Mother's Day !!! LOL

Kelly Pelrine
05-02-2010, 12:23 PM
I guess I should add ... She has no interest in cars, And it is Mother's Day !!! LOL

Haha she is awesome! Although your/her offer is very kind I cant accept it. Just bring a bunch of peeps with ya or tell some friends about the series thats all i ask :)

Kelly Pelrine
05-02-2010, 12:23 PM
I will be there racing again.

Sweet cya there!