PDA

View Full Version : Bitchy people

Kevin1989
05-01-2010, 12:33 AM
We have been working 60+ hours a week at work, I work full time for a landscaping company i run a mow crew we have 8 people 4 mowers 4 clean up and mulchers... we are so far behind right now with mulching and the grass is growing like fucking crazy so we are busy. i am one of the few not on salary, so im in over time as of thursday at lunch time, there is one guy... he just so happens to be fucking the bosses sister, hes the only one bitching about not getting paid for the 15-20 hours because he took salary. last thursday (our worst day/longest day. 40, 2 acre house) he leaves fucking early to go the damn reds game with her... that pisses the mowing crew off because we all worked untl 730 and didnt even get finished, Today i BUSTED my ass along with the people that were mowing so we wouldnt have any houses to cut tomorrow... therefore there isnt a reason i should go in sunday... but no. FUCK tard has to get done at 430 and go to fucking gatlenburg for the weekend.... while the mowing crew is working till 730 again. so now i have to go in tomorrow morning and do his crews work, when if he would have stayed till 8 we would have finshed mowing, gone to do this mulch prep and been done. i wouldnt have to get up at on a saturday to go do 2 hours of work.

I mean it honestly makes sense, we got done cutting houses at 7 this evening. the Mulching crew could have gone and started this other house at 4 fucking 30 when they got done and we would have been over to help....Fucking whiny ass spoiled people piss me off. i may say this shit sucks working 12 hours a day but, i do it.... i love my job. its the first job i actually dont mind waking up everyday and going to. and this shit pisses me off when people get pissed about working so much and they take off, and fuck other people over. Hes the one going to be getting paid for 8 hours a day come summer when we get off at 3 from lack of work... hes getting paid for 8 or 9 hours and working 6.

Rant over. i hope his POS nissan throws a rod and he has to call AAA, but AAA took off early to go out of town oh fuck

2007ShelbyCobra
05-01-2010, 01:10 AM
lol @ the last one. Just chill out, karma will get him. A good work ethic will get you somewhere.

Mista Bone
05-01-2010, 02:35 AM
explain to your boss you're making BANK on OT because you have to cover his jobs.

THANK them for all the OT and see what happens.

$12 an hour and I made $40k that year, was burned out big time!

Same place, the production floor decided it would bring in a crew to relieve for lunches and breaks, never stopping the line. Thats was a great idea. Except the ONE person (me!) running the forklift on the floor wasn't given any relief. I was BARELY able to keep up, now add in an extra hour of production while I'm on lunch and two breaks.

The pack floor supervisor came back screaming at me wondering WTF was going on. I calmy said go see MY boss. I get called to the office and drilled what the F was wrong. I had asked for help, but no one listened.

Mind you the month before I was suspended for one week as a co-worker and I butted heads (his head to my nose!) over the long hours stressing everyone out. I snapped due to panic attack.

After all the yelling I walked out of the office, clocked out, saw the EMT/Nurse and he sent me to ER to get checked out. Shit really hit the fan then as they wanted to fire me. I walked in after 3 days of R&R with doctors note, explain to the Vice Prez. WTF was going on, I got all the help I needed.

I ended up quiting there as the stress got to be too much, I'd be dead by now if I stayed. The bad thing about it is IF I would have stayed I'd be retiring in 5 years with FULL PENSION at age 48.

Wouldn't have mattered if I was dead!!!!!

I somethings think I have TOO good of a work ethic. Sorta why I'm doing tranny work on the side. My PRIDE in every one of them, something I'm PROUD of. My son is the same way, which make me even prouder as a dad.

redfirepearlgt
05-01-2010, 03:53 PM
I understand your pain. I'm not a big fan of overtime, because life is too short. BUT, repeat BUT if the job needs to get done so a cusotmer is back up and running, or so someone doesn't have to stay late on Friday then let's stay late Thursday and git-R-DUN!!!

My boss comments about being on salary and not getting OT. I offered to trade positions with him last week. He told me I would take a paycut. I told him he mistook me for a UAW skilled tradesman at top pay scale. I offered him my compnay car. my tool box and my laptop, hourly wage + all the JUSTIFIED OT he could make in exchange for his position and he dropped the subject when he realized I knew what he was knocking down, and how much time he took off each month. No more was said. LOL!!! He is a good boss, seriously, but once in a while he has to be put into check just as we who work for him require on aoccasion as well. IT is a good team effort.

I feel your pain. Be glad your bitchy person wasn't a customer calling to compolain about you to your boss last week and then after running you through wit hfalse accusations of you cursing her out, sending a followup email to your boss after he gives you the third degree a thankyou email for such great service. Talk about a loon!! WHEW!!!!!!!

cobrajoe
05-01-2010, 04:55 PM
so someone doesn't have to stay late on Friday then let's stay late Thursday and git-R-DUN!!!

LOL! I've been doing the nights, weekends and Holidays for over 20+ years. LOL! That's what I get for working in media. Nothing stops the news.:rolleyes:

redfirepearlgt
05-01-2010, 05:55 PM
LOL! I've been doing the nights, weekends and Holidays for over 20+ years. LOL! That's what I get for working in media. Nothing stops the news.:rolleyes:

I bet your schedule is hectic, seriously. Those are wierd hours. My father many,many years ago worked a swing schedule like that. Drove the family crazy. Then again, working media must pay quite well for the terrible hours being you have stayed there 20+ years. Always thought it would be fun to be a meteorologist for a while. Where else can you be 40% accurate and be considered at the top of your game. When you're wrong you always have the guy in the sky to blame it on. "Well looks like the man in charge had a change of mind today." LOL!!! I am sure there is a lot more to it behind the scenes than that, only having a little fun from the surface point of view at the weather person's expense. Nothing personal.