PDA

View Full Version : RIP Darrell Jones

2007ShelbyCobra
05-08-2010, 02:15 PM
I barely knew the guy, but he was young, loved American cars, and was ready to fight for this country. RIP Darrell, my thoughts and prayers to your family and friends :(

http://www.local12.com/content/breaking_news/story/Fatal-Crash-in-Springboro/tjdew72UYkOEUBxTSB3PGg.cspx

SLWB16hatch
05-08-2010, 03:35 PM
good guy. really stupid racing in that area up a hill...

87stangbbb
05-08-2010, 04:08 PM
sorry to hear that. i guess thats part of being young and dumb

Timido
05-08-2010, 05:49 PM
My thoughts are with the familys involved. I hate to see anything like that.

Blackout
05-08-2010, 07:19 PM
yeah from what I gathered is that he was with his girlfriend and they were driving on Lower Springboro Rd. The road is winding in spots and alot of hills. From what I know is that they were hill hopping and he lost control, went airborn for a distance of about 200 ft. and going in excess of 100 mph. I didn't think that they were racing, but I guess the news got more information.

For those who are not sure who he is, he has the 2001 Black Cobra with a Supercharger that sounded like it was sucking through the hood. Said it made 500 to the wheels. Anyways....the car built like his are meant for strait lines not hill hopping.

Anyways.......RIP Darrel

Ohh and his girlfriend was listed today in fair condition.

black90lx
05-08-2010, 08:09 PM
They wasn't racing. His buddy just bought a 2010 camaro and they were on come back roads screwing off. There is no way to race on that road. He didn't fly 200ft. He came over a hill a little too fast came off the ground the car bottomed out and he lost control.

stocknotch
05-08-2010, 08:56 PM
RIP Darrel...He was a good guy that never said a bad word about anyone and loves his cars and was one hell of a friend. Black90lx and myself went fishing and 4wheeling with him a few times and it was always a fun time. Hopefully one day we'll meet again...

347sc
05-08-2010, 10:13 PM
He was a good kid, shame that happened. Prayers go out to him.

djom1cincy
05-08-2010, 10:15 PM
I don't know the guy and we've all done stupid shit. Rip man. SHELBY KID! Learn something from this. This guy lost his life. I'm lucky to be alive after some of the crap I've pulled. Your on the wrong path my friend. Its not a matter of if you mess up. Just a matter of when.

mustang8998
05-08-2010, 10:31 PM
I don't know the guy and we've all done stupid shit. Rip man. SHELBY KID! Learn something from this. This guy lost his life. I'm lucky to be alive after some of the crap I've pulled. Your on the wrong path my friend. Its not a matter of if you mess up. Just a matter of when.

Good point!

Thoughts and prayers.

2007ShelbyCobra
05-08-2010, 10:56 PM

no need to have a heart to heart thing here online, I dont need to get teary eyed :rolleyes: But seriously though, I do apprecaite everyone being sure I dont kill myself, ive been watching my ass a lot more lately. Ive seen a lot of accidents and deaths in the past month, and they arent pretty. It really hurts that Darrell just passed... I would have never thought it would end like that. But, ive been going to test and tunes a lot lately, next ill just run my car there.

Stolly113
05-08-2010, 10:59 PM
First off he wasn't hill hopping Jesus Fucking Christ believe everything the T.V. tells you.... If that were the case Obama would be god and GM wouldn't have any debt....

He just got back from texas where he was training before he left to go to Afghanistan on Mon... He had a 4 day pass to come home and say good bye. He decided to take the cobra out for one more drive and he was going at a high rate of speed and lost control.. To sum it all up.....

redfirepearlgt
05-09-2010, 01:34 AM

It is never good news to hear of a fallen fellow veteran regardless of how he or she may leave this world - in the line of duty or on R&R pass.:angel:

Glad to hear you are taking your frustrations to the track now. We were all your age once and got the same lectures as well. We didn't always listen either. Only hoping to see you live a long, long life. Long enough that you find yourself sharing the same "nuggets of wisdom" with young men and or women one day after you get gray hair and that six pack of abs has turned into a 1/2 barrel. LOL! Take care kid. Sorry about your acqaintance. Sure he was a good man.

SpoonyGT
05-09-2010, 02:02 AM
First off he wasn't hill hopping Jesus Fucking Christ believe everything the T.V. tells you.... If that were the case Obama would be god and GM wouldn't have any debt....

He just got back from texas where he was training before he left to go to Afghanistan on Mon... He had a 4 day pass to come home and say good bye. He decided to take the cobra out for one more drive and he was going at a high rate of speed and lost control.. To sum it all up.....
Did u really just drop political bullshit in this thread? Wow. Sad to see this happened. Prayers go out to his family.

WHYTRY
05-09-2010, 06:13 AM
this was a real close friend of mine.. they were NOT RACING or HILL HOPPING he was going to get gas in his car and him and his friend were out playing. so for any unkind words or for anyone to learn from this or that. if ur not here to have good words to say or prayers for him.. stfu! period. dont disrepect my friend.

Darrel i miss you buddie im glad i got to spend time with you when i did one day we will meet agian. i never figured we would part ways so soon. you were a good man. you were as straight as they come never nothing bad to say about anyone or anything. i love you brother. im going to try to make our plans carry out as best as i can. ill never forget you..

Clean91lx
05-09-2010, 08:15 AM
So sorry to hear about him. I don't believe I ever met him, but it sounds like he was a good man, and a good friend as well. My brother in law told me about the accident last night (I am guessing he watched the news). Anyways, thoughts and prayers for the family! Death is NOT an easy thing to deal to with, especially when the person is so young.

black90lx
05-09-2010, 11:30 AM

well put. i hate how the news throws in assumtions. there was no other car in the wreck either, i dont know where that came from...

93RedNotch
05-09-2010, 03:50 PM
This stuff really makes me realize how dangerous cars can be.

I've never met him but everyone that knew him really liked him and my thought and prayers go out to his family and friends.

cobra429boss
05-09-2010, 04:30 PM
wow hate to hear this , very good guy. Rip man...

scott, jason , stolly please pm me for the visitation.. Hope to see you all there

nsaniti
05-09-2010, 09:16 PM
was out in lebanon when this happened, terrible news =\ bad road to play around on. RIP buddy

WHYTRY
05-09-2010, 11:00 PM
well put. i hate how the news throws in assumtions. there was no other car in the wreck either, i dont know where that came from...

some ass holes that live down there by the scene were saying all kinds of shit. but all there statments were proven false by the police. some ppl just blow things up.. its stupid..

clueless_racing
05-09-2010, 11:07 PM
some ass holes that live down there by the scene were saying all kinds of shit. but all there statments were proven false by the police. some ppl just blow things up.. its stupid..

i totally agree.RIP darrel

cobra429boss
05-10-2010, 10:01 AM
any info on the visitation guys ?? I cant find anything

black90lx
05-10-2010, 01:23 PM
i havent heard anything yet

WHYTRY
05-10-2010, 09:09 PM
vewing is friday from 2-8pm @ stine kilburn 801 monroe dr lebanon.

sat is the funeral same place at 11am.

cobra429boss
05-10-2010, 09:24 PM
Thanks Jason

black90lx
05-10-2010, 10:12 PM
and for the fucks that was taking parts off the car, they better find there way back to the car. i am 99.99999% i know who you are, im just waiting on the on other .00001% to make sure and i'll me knocking on your door!!!!!!!

cobra429boss
05-10-2010, 10:34 PM
im down if you need a hand

black90lx
05-10-2010, 10:49 PM
ok buddy. i'll let you know, its more than just me that is pissed off about this....

Squale iii
05-10-2010, 10:53 PM
and for the fucks that was taking parts off the car, they better find there way back to the car. i am 99.99999% i know who you are, im just waiting on the on other .00001% to make sure and i'll me knocking on your door!!!!!!!

Really? That's fucked up on so many levels... That's an ass kicking for sure.

stocknotch
05-10-2010, 11:32 PM

You know I got your back buddy.You'd think people would have a little more respect for their so called friend than to sneek around and try to take parts off his car.

nsaniti
05-11-2010, 01:26 AM
i know quite a few people thatd be down for getting these parts back, let me know.

black90lx
05-11-2010, 01:34 AM
i'll post up what happens about the theives. they go there late when they think no one is there.

nsaniti
05-11-2010, 01:39 AM
pm me any info you get on that situation, i know a lot of people who this would really piss off.

WHYTRY
05-11-2010, 02:30 AM

wtf when did this happen? i went to the site and found alot of random left over stuff. his dad sent us up to the car and we got things an gave them to him.i got some stuff in the bed of my truck we found at the site i have to run over to his dads.

black90lx
05-11-2010, 03:21 PM
im talking about all the billet parts missing, messing with stuff under the hood like trying to take the pro-charger off and any other parts that are salvageable.

black90lx
05-11-2010, 04:08 PM
why would his dad send you to where he works at to take parts from the car? i am sure if he wanted anything he would have went out in the parking lot and got it. thats why he is moving the car because people cant keep there fingers off of it.

cobra429boss
05-11-2010, 04:11 PM
all i know is the parts better make there way back, all of them every single billet piece or someones not gonna like me

cobra429boss
05-11-2010, 09:03 PM
im talking about all the billet parts missing, messing with stuff under the hood like trying to take the pro-charger off and any other parts that are salvageable.

bump.....

93RedNotch
05-11-2010, 09:20 PM

Thats ridiculous. I hope you guys find who did that.

leftysmoke
05-11-2010, 11:56 PM
The great thing about Darrell was that he wasn't afraid to stray away from the system. He did his own thing and that's what set him apart from everyone else. He was one of the kindest people I have met and it's still hard to imagine that I won't see his self-proclaimed "Ferminator" running around this summer...

He was a good friend of mine thanks to Ben introducing us about two years back. I sadly lost touch with him lately. I still regret that happening but I can't sit here and dwell on it because it just makes things harder. As sad as it is, he left us doing something he loved. His service to this country will never be forgotten and I'll be there to pay my respects when he's laid to rest. Rest in peace, Darrell. A wonderful person, friend and soldier. You'll never be forgotten.

Stolly113
05-12-2010, 12:07 AM
The great thing about Darrell was that he wasn't afraid to stray away from the system. He did his own thing and that's what set him apart from everyone else. He was one of the kindest people I have met and it's still hard to imagine that I won't see his self-proclaimed "Ferminator" running around this summer...

He was a good friend of mine thanks to Ben introducing us about two years back. I sadly lost touch with him lately. I still regret that happening but I can't sit here and dwell on it because it just makes things harder. As sad as it is, he left us doing something he loved. His service to this country will never be forgotten and I'll be there to pay my respects when he's laid to rest. Rest in peace, Darrell. A wonderful person, friend and soldier. You'll never be forgotten.

We'll put.. be at my house @ 1pm on fri to head down

Katmandu
05-12-2010, 12:23 AM
Very Sad.....

WHYTRY
05-12-2010, 01:08 AM
why would his dad send you to where he works at to take parts from the car? i am sure if he wanted anything he would have went out in the parking lot and got it. thats why he is moving the car because people cant keep there fingers off of it.

he wanted darrells stuff and to try to find his cell phone.. we already talked about this. someone i guess someone is trying to point the finger at me for stealing stuff.. ive not taken anything from the car i could careless about that car id rather have my buddie back.. i feel sorry for the ppl saying this kinda stuff or trying to involve me in any illegal shit thats going on.. i will find you and break you down. im done talking about it 513-267-7095 if you got questions or a problem.

WHYTRY
05-12-2010, 01:11 AM

nothin on the car is worth anything the blower is smashed and so is the motor.. as for the other things i dont kno anything about them missing or being in the car.

ymustangirl04
05-12-2010, 03:08 AM

Said very well! I have known darrel for about 3 years, not best friends but he always made it acustom to come say hi to me and ask if I was ever going to get me a cobra and stop playing with little 4cyls. He'll definitely be missed, was an awesome guy, and always in a good mood! I also will be paying my respects fri and sat! RIP Darrel, your missed but will never be forgotten!!