PDA

View Full Version : Detroit Locker

Steves LX
05-16-2010, 11:13 PM
I just installed a detroit locker in my car. I have yet to mount the wheels and stuff. But something I noticed is if I grab one axle on either side of the car and turn it. It clicks or clunks(call it what you want too)twice and then turns the ring gear and the other axle. Is this normal or what? I figured when I would turn the axle that the ring gear and the other axle would turn immediately. This isn't my back lash that I am talking about either. You can actually hear and feel the axle make two clicks or clunks and then start to turn the ring gear and the other axle as one whole unit. I went over to the other axle and it did the same thing. Any help would be appreciated.

kennebellcobra
05-17-2010, 06:01 AM
http://4x4icon.com/offroad/detroit/detroit_noslip.htm

Steves LX
05-17-2010, 08:01 AM
Well then that's normal. Thanks Shannon!!

Stangman
05-17-2010, 09:51 AM
I told you they clicked! lol!

Steves LX
05-17-2010, 10:54 AM
I told you they clicked! lol!

I knew they clicked but thats letting off the gas and in turns. Not why the car is up on jack stands and turning everything by hand with no load on it.

Stangman
05-17-2010, 11:48 AM
It's them damned chipmonks man!

Steves LX
05-17-2010, 11:54 AM
It's them damned chipmonks man!

yeah or the squirrels

Black Horse
05-18-2010, 06:24 PM
Quite the norm! If you really want a weird feeling....hammer hard after going around a sharp corner...you can feel it lock in and shoot you forward!

You also may get some weird clunking when you are driving slowly and turning hard (manuevering in a parking lot, etc.)