PDA

View Full Version : racers edge??

beefcake
05-17-2010, 11:15 PM
maybe getting that summer itch like I always do.

they show 257 used bikes on cycle trader, that's crazy.

I've seen mixed reviews from great deals to junk bikes that aren't serviced.

they show a couple busas which I love, an older tl1000 +hich I've always liked, and some nice cruisers that seem reasonable.

anyone had much dealings with them?

sean
05-17-2010, 11:18 PM
I dont like messing with salvage title bikes. I have no problem with rebuilt title but salvage can be a pain in the butt. I have looked at their stuff and some seem nice but I usually can find a better deal on something ready to go with title for the same or a better price by being patient and looking on c/l. willing to do a little driving for the right thing doesn't hurt either.

'92Stang
05-17-2010, 11:20 PM
I'm biased cause Jason, and Terry are friends of mine. But, I've always been happy with them. Good luck.

beefcake
05-18-2010, 12:14 PM
are all their bikes salvage??

can't get an answer on the phone, been calling for 2 hours

Walter
05-18-2010, 12:32 PM
U got cash. Bypass the drama and buy new.

Stangman
05-18-2010, 01:09 PM
I'm biased cause Jason, and Terry are friends of mine. But, I've always been happy with them. Good luck.

Jason used to be my dad's helper many years ago when dad did carpet work...

Hangingcogs
05-18-2010, 04:44 PM
The owner, Jason, is a dick. I confronted his wife after my hubby bought a bike there and they wouldn't make it right. I would love to throw the rotor through their shop window, but, I've remained calm.

If you wanna buy a Honda, call Chris at Honda of Fairfield. Tell him Loehner sent you!

beefcake
05-18-2010, 06:18 PM
they finally answered their phone and i think they have about 10 or 15 bikes vs the 258 they list on cycle trader lol

i've seen a bunch of diff stuff out there, no idea what i wanna do if i do one though

i'm looking at used busas, new busas, new and used bkings, went and looked at some harleys today too

djom1cincy
05-18-2010, 06:21 PM
When did you sell the bike you had? Never heard anything about you selling it.

JIMS SVT
05-18-2010, 07:52 PM
they finally answered their phone and i think they have about 10 or 15 bikes vs the 258 they list on cycle trader lol

i've seen a bunch of diff stuff out there, no idea what i wanna do if i do one though

i'm looking at used busas, new busas, new and used bkings, went and looked at some harleys today too

Why dont you just drive out there?Its less than 5 miles from your house Id guess.My friend Brent works there.

8NO4CYL
05-19-2010, 10:29 PM
There website updates daily

beefcake
05-20-2010, 06:17 AM
I didn't see anything on their site I was interested in. There were 4 on cycle trader, but they were all sold months ago. Their actual site didn't have anything that tickled my fancy. Working a deal on a members bike right now.

2Kblacksleeper
05-20-2010, 07:43 AM
I looked at their website yesterday, it said they had a TL 1000r. So o went to look at it. When I got there I met a guy in the parking lot that worked there. We bsed about stangs for a while then he asks me if I came to look for anything in Particular? I tell him and he says well we sold that a few weeks ago.
So I'm thinking great.he showed me the few other bikes in stock. Nothing like what I was looking for really.
They seemed nice though.

torchredgt
05-20-2010, 08:10 AM
I have also heard that their bikes are questionable at times, not all are salvaged, some they just by and resell. I have heard from an insider that worked there that they "rig" bikes sometimes and that they try to pass of some bikes as ridable that could be unsafe. I have not known this to be true, who knows maybe the guy was upset for losing his job there. He claims he quit due to them trying to sell bikes that were not safe on the street. I guess if you really know what you are looking at and inspect a bike well with the frame up then you would be safe. They do have good prices.

beefcake
05-20-2010, 08:27 AM
I looked at their website yesterday, it said they had a TL 1000r. So o went to look at it. When I got there I met a guy in the parking lot that worked there. We bsed about stangs for a while then he asks me if I came to look for anything in Particular? I tell him and he says well we sold that a few weeks ago.
So I'm thinking great.he showed me the few other bikes in stock. Nothing like what I was looking for really.
They seemed nice though.

the 99? that was one of the ones i called on

2Kblacksleeper
05-20-2010, 09:06 AM
Yes. I've got a guy that may trade me his 03 with 5k miles for my stang. It has lots of mods. I would just look to resell it. It is worth more than my car. I won't know till next weekend.
You were going to be the first person I'd hit up to buy or sell for me. I've got some pics on my phone I can foward to you if interested? There are just too many variables to tell right now. Lol.
I wanted to sit in it to see if I liked it or not. the bike was sold a few weeks ago I was told in person.

beefcake
05-20-2010, 10:16 AM
Yes. I've got a guy that may trade me his 03 with 5k miles for my stang. It has lots of mods. I would just look to resell it. It is worth more than my car. I won't know till next weekend.
You were going to be the first person I'd hit up to buy or sell for me. I've got some pics on my phone I can foward to you if interested? There are just too many variables to tell right now. Lol.
I wanted to sit in it to see if I liked it or not. the bike was sold a few weeks ago I was told in person.

let me know

2Kblacksleeper
05-20-2010, 11:24 AM
Ill foward u pics with a message here in a few.