PDA

View Full Version : gt40p motor

mustangrfast88
05-18-2010, 11:44 PM
ok guys i am thinking about putting a complete gt40p motor in the mustang. what all do i need to have to do it. i have been told need different headers but i got mac headers and different spark plug wires but i think everything eles is plug and play and the motor would have a e cam put in it too what eles would you do to it

Ryan218
05-19-2010, 12:10 AM
ok guys i am thinking about putting a complete gt40p motor in the mustang. what all do i need to have to do it. i have been told need different headers but i got mac headers and different spark plug wires but i think everything eles is plug and play and the motor would have a e cam put in it too what eles would you do to it

delete the smog system. drop in your dis. and a few misc sensors and go.

mustangrfast88
05-19-2010, 01:41 AM
smog is all gone anyways and cool cool so looks like drop and play

plated
05-19-2010, 02:46 AM
use the mustang oil pump.pick up tube,oil pan,use the mustang timming cover and where you spin the oil filter off the mustang theres a threaded insert use that off the mustang motor,thats about it

Ryan218
05-19-2010, 03:05 AM
use the mustang oil pump.pick up tube,oil pan,use the mustang timming cover and where you spin the oil filter off the mustang theres a threaded insert use that off the mustang motor,thats about it

good call. completly forgot about them lol.