Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
Pet advice [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Pet advice

satan jamez
05-25-2010, 08:48 AM
I have 2 cats, one male and one female. The male insists on pooping on the floor 10 feet from the litter box. I clean the litter boxes (I have two) twice a day, clean and scrub them often. He has been doing this for years, 5-6 times per week. I'm constantly cleaning up his poop mess, scrubbing and spraying oder neutralizer and running my bissel floor cleaner. I want to fix this and not get rid of the cat. I'll do what I have to do, but i'm out of ideas.

Bob

djom1cincy
05-25-2010, 09:35 AM
I had a cat do the same thing. She would pee in the box and poop next to it. I ended up getting rid of the cat because I had to move and couldn't have pets at the new place. Not sure how you fix it.

Pitbull1052
05-25-2010, 09:46 AM
I'm by far no cat expert but I found this on yahoo....... not sure if you had one cat first then got they other or ???

A couple of things could be causing this...

1. Your other cat is being possessive of the litter box and won't let the one that's not pooing in it poo in it. Another litter box should cure this problem, but you may need to put it across the room or in another room.

2. There may be something wrong with the cat that is pooing on the floor. A lot of times they will not use the litter box trying to get your attention to let you know there's something wrong. You might need to take a sample of the poo to your vet and have it diagnosed.

winner70ta
05-25-2010, 09:54 AM
Some cats are just either particular or just lazy. We had two cats. The solid white one would use the box without fail. Our gray tabby on the other hand, would use the box most of the time but if he was somewhere else in the house and the urge would hit, he would dump on the floor. We also had to get a taller litter box because of his as when he would pee in the "normal" size box he would get at the end of the box and it would splash out. Had to replace a closet door because of that as the acid\ammonia bubbled up the bottom of the door. Tough to keep everything clean when both of you work. The "tall" box I found was the base of one of those enclosed litter boxes that you find at WalMart. Left the top off and both of the cats seemed to do better with it.
We only have one of the cats left and to be honest once this one is gone I don't know if we will get another one. I like them but they cause a lot of work to keep your house from stinking up.

LETHALSTANG
05-25-2010, 09:56 AM
Add a second litter box & don't clean them too well, they need to know its safe to use them. And yes many times a cat will miss the litter box to tell you they are not well-see the vet.