Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /opt/bitnami/apache2/htdocs/forums/archive/global.php(117) : eval()'d code on line 1
It's Memorial Day - Take a moment [Archive] - StangBangerz Forums

PDA

View Full Version : It's Memorial Day - Take a moment

redfirepearlgt
05-31-2010, 08:31 AM
While out and about, hanging with family, or home in front of the boob-tube enjoying a day of laziness, take a moment and just think of the 100's of thousands if not millions of lives that gave the ultimate sacrifice so that you could taste freedom. Remember that the memorials you see around your neighborhoods are paying tribute to heros who sacrificed their futures for you. Their families futures as well have been greatly compromised for your freedom. These men and women and their families did not do this to be remembered, but rather did their duty for the future generations of this country full well knowing the risk they faced.

It is hard for me this time of year being a peace time veteran. My eight years of active service and duty pails in comparison to the men and women of war time and conflict that survived to tell the story, and even fades in humility to those fellow brother and sister veterans and their families that gave the ultimate sacrifice from the first days of the Revolutionary war to the current War on Terrorism.

God Bless our fallen veterans and God Bless their survived families. Please give a moment of silence in thanks today for the freedoms they provided to all of us. I ask you do this before you fill your bellies with food or adult beverage. Remember ladies and gentlemen, this day was set aside for you to honor fallen military heros, not just celebrate the unofficial beginning of summer.

Respecfully Submitted,

Charles R. AE2 (veteran)
US Navy 1985 - 1993

4EYED85GT
05-31-2010, 08:58 AM
Chad,

Very well said, I hope many read this and take it to heart! Please remember all of our local veterans that have paid the ultimate price.

SFC Tiemeyer (OIF 1 Veteran)
US Army 1997 - Current
(currently serving as a detailed Recruiter)

Tim

Dipstick
05-31-2010, 10:29 AM
Awesome write up! To All my brothers and sisters from the armed forces happy memorial day, and to everyone else don't forget to think about why your off work today is because of people like us who have risked our lives so you could have one.

AD3 Blankenship
1996-2000
United States Navy

cagedhatch
05-31-2010, 10:12 PM
Remember some gave all, and all gave some. To all armed forces...Thanks!