PDA

View Full Version : Hard decision...

Stangman
06-01-2010, 12:22 PM
I know I said it once before, but I'm seriously thinking about selling my hatchback project now.

I found a rare car that I want more than a foxbody right now... like, real bad

I've always LOVED old cars, like, 70's and down, but could never afford one because of the overpriced muscle car craze that Barret Jackson brought on... but even the "different" cars are cool nowadays...

So, the car I found...

It's a 1967 Ford Country Sedan (NOT Country Squire)

This is a base model with NO wood trim, no fancy frills at all, just a plain white wagon.

But what makes it worth the time to look at, buy, and possibly restore is the rarity of this car.

It's a former special service car...

Meaning, it's got dog dish hubcaps, a spotlight... and best of all... a FACTORY 428 big block....

The old man that has it has owned it since 1976, bought it with 51,000 miles after the department sold it off after it reached it's 50k limit. Used to pull his 900lb. race car all over up until he parked it in '97 behind his barn...

I was talking to him about it and he said "make me an offer"

I'm seriously considering this....

Only part that keeps me from wanting to sell my hatch is that I REALLY want to play in UMTR... and I have *ALMOST* every part to put this car together AND make it a built GT...

the car is pretty rough, but all there. I've got a few fairlane/comet parts sources in mind since I've helped my dad locate parts for his '65 Fairlane 500 that he's owned forever... I'd love to have an old car like his

draggin50
06-01-2010, 12:38 PM
Sounds like a nice car! You know me, Id have it sitting at the house already! I love the old cars as well thats why Im in a hurry to get the rat rod done! Id go for it. Foxbodys will be around cheap for a while!

Stangman
06-01-2010, 12:41 PM
Sounds like a nice car! You know me, Id have it sitting at the house already! I love the old cars as well thats why Im in a hurry to get the rat rod done! Id go for it. Foxbodys will be around cheap for a while!

Exactly! I love Rat Rods... and man... with a set of whitewalls, and some bogus shop lettering on the side... I'd be happy as a clam just the way it sits...

well, maybe replace the tailgate first... its rusted BADDD!

'92Stang
06-01-2010, 12:42 PM
Go for it Jesse. You'll have a draggin wagon...

Stangman
06-01-2010, 01:13 PM
I wouldnt mind runnin the quarter in it once to see what it did...

jeeze I wish I could get into Photobucket from work so I could upload pictures so you call could laugh at me and call me crazy! :lol:

Pitbull1052
06-01-2010, 01:52 PM
I dunno Jesse I can see it having it's place in the hot rod collection but like you said you've got everything for your car so slap it together if you don't like it get rid of it then get the wagon..... does it have the seats in the back that face the cars behind you... if it does then forget the stang it's a must have........

draggin50
06-01-2010, 01:58 PM
I dunno Jesse I can see it having it's place in the hot rod collection but like you said you've got everything for your car so slap it together if you don't like it get rid of it then get the wagon..... does it have the seats in the back that face the cars behind you... if it does then forget the stang it's a must have........

Hell yeah I loved riding in the rear facing seats when I was little and flipping people off behind us. My mom would always pull over and beat my ass!

Stangman
06-01-2010, 02:03 PM
LOL!!! I am not sure if it is the 10 passenger version or not. I know the regular back seat was folded down when I saw it. Guy used to haul his race car and gear with it... From '76 all the way to '97!!!!

evil666stang
06-01-2010, 02:22 PM
thats badass, i say go for it! its different and still a ford, just watch what your getting yourself into. we restored a old ranchero for a guy and was alot of fun but alot of work compared to just being able to buy cheap bolt on's for a fox

Pitbull1052
06-01-2010, 02:33 PM
Hell yeah I loved riding in the rear facing seats when I was little and flipping people off behind us. My mom would always pull over and beat my ass!

hells yea we use to do the same but it was my grand pa's wagon on the way to summerset every summer lol no seat belts, vinyl and crome covered everything burning whatever you touched no a/c boy good times lol

Waffles
06-01-2010, 02:33 PM
http://www.galaxieclub.com/internationalcarshow/memcarpix/67/presidcsw.jpg

I dunno, it's definitely not terrible. I can't really say it's something I'd just love to have tho.

Stangman
06-01-2010, 03:07 PM
Wow thats almost its identical twin, except it has roof racks and cragars...

I mainly want it because its old, its a ford, and it has a big block

2 door cars are getting scarce and expensive...

Plus... imagine THAT car in the Rooster! ;) :lol:

KB1
06-01-2010, 04:12 PM
I'd do it Jesse, it's a great chance to get some thing you like, you won't pass ten on the way home! Send it to Shaw's let them letter it up & have fun, if you don't you'll always wonder why didn't I get that wagon when I had the chance!!!!

Stangman
06-01-2010, 04:28 PM
You're right Kevin...

Only problem would be selling my hatchback!! :lol:

67Terror
06-01-2010, 04:46 PM
Get the wagon. my dad has a 66 galaxie, it's not a race car but you can't beat it for a cruiser.

sean
06-01-2010, 04:57 PM
Jessie, I am not a fan of wagons or so called muscle cars that are 4 doors. Thats just me though. The pic of the wagon restored looks pretty cool though. Like someone else said. Cheep fox body cars are all over and if you have the know how to fix one up you can get one any time. It would be hard for me to abandon the mustang just because you have ALL the parts to make it happen. BUT if this wagon is a car you have always wanted go for it. OR you could get the mustang together and trade it for an old car too. You can still find plenty of old mustangs, novas, camaros, lemans, vettes, etc for good prices. I used to buy and sell them and stopped about a year ago to buy and sell different things. Do what makes you happy. I would finish the mustang since you have all the parts and trade it off for something you want.

85_SS_302_Coupe
06-01-2010, 07:14 PM
I absolutely love OLD wagons and i would drive an old big block wagon in a heartbeat. I'd love to have a Fairmont wagon too.

Gene
06-01-2010, 10:20 PM
Dude...that thing is awesome. Get it.

There are thousands of good Fox bodies out there...there aren't many of those left.

You'll always regret the one that got away.

Katmandu
06-01-2010, 10:59 PM
It's a 1967 Ford Country Sedan (NOT Country Squire)

This is a base model with NO wood trim, no fancy frills at all, just a plain white wagon.

But what makes it worth the time to look at, buy, and possibly restore is the rarity of this car.

It's a former special service car...

Meaning, it's got dog dish hubcaps, a spotlight... and best of all... a FACTORY 428 big block....With the 428 in it it's rare has hell! GET IT!

Back in the mid-70s, a family in my neighborhood had one of these wagons WITH a 428. Sombich would RUN for a huge car!

stangman_5
06-02-2010, 03:03 PM
You're right Kevin...

Only problem would be selling my hatchback!! :lol:

I would buy the hatch for my roller. :bigthumb

Stangman
06-02-2010, 03:13 PM
I would buy the hatch for my roller. :bigthumb

Psshhh... you couldnt afford it! :flipoff:

I got waaayyyy more in it now than what I bought it off of you for!

stangman_5
06-02-2010, 03:27 PM
Psshhh... you couldnt afford it! :flipoff:

I got waaayyyy more in it now than what I bought it off of you for!

Good luck selling it :lol:

inferno50
06-04-2010, 12:02 AM
i like it jesse. i drove shawns 60 nomad and that thing is sweet to cruise in. like yor driving on air. drop that thing down and cruise it man. good luck.

Stangman
06-04-2010, 07:27 AM
Good luck selling it :lol:

Exactly!!! For what I have in it total... parts and my own time working on it... I'll NEVER get that money out of it... unless I finish it...

Rick told me I could keep it in his driveway under the hearse car cover so nobody messes with it... we'll see

i like it jesse. i drove shawns 60 nomad and that thing is sweet to cruise in. like yor driving on air. drop that thing down and cruise it man. good luck.

Thanks! That car is aired out now isnt it?