PDA

View Full Version : bike was impounded

sean
06-02-2010, 09:09 PM
DAMMMMMMMMMMMMIIIITTTTTTT..... Well i was riding down main street in hamiltuckey and a freaking cop pulled me over. I asked what did I do and his reply was i dont know yet.. I give him my license and he says " you need to have a helmet till sept of this year. He then said it was some higher misdemeanor and I better get to calling someone to come get me. He explained he was giving me a break by not taking me to jail because of the seriousness of the misdemeanor. FUCKING BS. I talked to hi and was very nice trying to get out of something. Didn't work. He was very nice but would not do much else for me. Had to go to the ghetto as police station on front street with paperwork and helmet, get a release and pay a 40 dollar fine. Went to the lot and paid another 139 to get the bike back and now I need to go to court on the 16th. Fines could be 70 to 500 and 0 to 8mos in jail. I am not worried about jail or the fine. i am just irritated that this is being treated like its such a horrible crime. What a fucking joke.

sean
06-02-2010, 09:33 PM
I also want to add by the time this was all over I was joking with the cop and getting along well. I dont believe in being an ass when i am clearly in the wrong. I know they make a note of how I acted on the report and the judge reads it. I shook his hand and told him I appreciated him doing his job. I meant that too. I believe in random stops and think they are a good way to go fishing for bad guys. I also believe that there are much worse things going on in shitty Hamilton that he could be focused on other than me sitting in traffic. The bikes back home and life goes on. Karma is alive and well and I will take this one with a smile because i didn't get caught doing something worse, and I have done worse.

dsmawd350
06-02-2010, 09:35 PM
reguardless of the law you should probably be wearing a helmet anyways..

sean
06-02-2010, 09:44 PM
Dont start with that. I dont like wearing them and haven't for @ 12 years or so. Yes I think its dumb to go without but I also think getting on a bike in general is dumb. I dont like wearing the thing. I cant see as well and it doesn't fit right. I have never had one I feel comfortable in.

'92Stang
06-02-2010, 09:44 PM
Gotta wear the brain bucket Sean!! Not questioning your skills as a rider. But, it's the soccer mom texting in her s.u.v., ya gotta watch out for....Sorry for your loss of money brother.

03z06vette
06-02-2010, 09:48 PM
Dont start with that. I dont like wearing them and haven't for @ 12 years or so. Yes I think its dumb to go without but I also think getting on a bike in general is dumb. I dont like wearing the thing. I cant see as well and it doesn't fit right. I have never had one I feel comfortable in.

Go try some on. My helmate fits like a glove and sometimes i even forgot it was on.

sean
06-02-2010, 09:49 PM
lol. thanks mike. Yea maybe I will spend some bigger money on a VERY nice helmet. I have never had a real nice one to judge it. I would like to wear a helmet if it were the right one for me. One I have fits good but its heavy and rides to low on my forehead. The other i have is light enough but I loose a lot of my side line of sight. If anyone has a nice helmet they want to sell CHEEP let me know.... who knows, you may be saving my life one day. lol

03z06vette
06-02-2010, 09:56 PM
lol. thanks mike. Yea maybe I will spend some bigger money on a VERY nice helmet. I have never had a real nice one to judge it. I would like to wear a helmet if it were the right one for me. One I have fits good but its heavy and rides to low on my forehead. The other i have is light enough but I loose a lot of my side line of sight. If anyone has a nice helmet they want to sell CHEEP let me know.... who knows, you may be saving my life one day. lol

who's Mike?? Dont answer that. you should always read a thread before posting

Black Horse
06-02-2010, 09:56 PM
And thankyou for helping solve Hamilton's financial crisis....a few more fine outstanding citizens like yourself and there may be fireworks on the 4th of July!

sean
06-02-2010, 10:06 PM

TOM... I was talking to 92stang (MIKE). lol sorry if I confused you. lol Your post made sense too and I plan on checking into some nicer helmets.
And DAVE, Glad I could help with the fireworks. I just hope I am not going to be responsible for the whole show..lol

'92Stang
06-02-2010, 10:21 PM

I'm Mike...you must be Pot, and Kettle...LMAO..:D

Black92LX
06-02-2010, 10:34 PM
Am I reading the post correctly that no helmet in Ohio is a midemeanor offense????

sean
06-02-2010, 10:37 PM
yes. found something in middletown that says its a 75 dollar fine. I have been riding for YEARS but just got my endorsment last year and am required to wear a helmet until sept 24. Missed it byyyyy that much. lol

ibstrokin
06-02-2010, 11:45 PM
I know you didn't mean for this to turn into a "you idiot,why don't you wear a helmet" thread. I ride with one about 50% of the time. But since we're on the subject, you may want to try numerous different brands on. Shoei (what I wear),Bell,Arai, are all shaped different, so some will be more comfortable than others on YOUR head. A good helmet will run about $300 in a solid color, $400/500 for a cool graphic. You can buy cheap, and the cheapies are far better than nothing, but not quite the standard of Shoei/Arai.

Also, do any of you guys ride with earplugs in/helmet on? It makes a huge difference on distance rides. My brother told me about it, once you do it, you"ll believe.

chadomac
06-03-2010, 05:04 AM

funny when you were up here gunnar said something about not wearing a helmet what was it........... the six year old is pretty smart ;) LOL! Glad you got your bike back.

TurboNG
06-03-2010, 06:00 AM
Our government has become the modern day mafia. I got a speeding ticket 2 years ago for 85 in a 65, i said I'm innocent and the judge magistrate was like agree to 70 in a 65 and a $160.00 fine and no points. DEAL! Same with the wife, they only want the money and don't care about you're safety or the crime other than how much they can steal from you. I have a brother in-law that's a cop and two friends. Both my friends work at the same PD and they have monthly competitions in the PD and sometimes with the neighboring town. Winner gets a paid night off from his supervisor. Winning PD just gets bragin rights.

Mista Bone
06-03-2010, 07:30 AM
do +5 over the posted limit and never get a ticket.

Pitbull1052
06-03-2010, 08:39 AM
sucks how much money it'll cost but might be the smack that saves your life......... I had a buddy on 125 right across from Beechmont Ford had an older lady pull out in front of him, he T-boned her flew about 60 feet and landed on the roof of another car. He wore a halo for about a year, had to go through rehab just to get off of all of the pain meds he was on...

306Power
06-03-2010, 08:58 AM
If he doesn't want to wear a helmet, he should'nt have too. Not like he's endangering other peoples lives by doing so.

k062693w
06-03-2010, 09:01 AM
I have never understood why you don't have to wear a helmet on a motorcycle, But you have to wear a seatbelt in a car ??? Makes perfect sense to me !!!
That's our government for you !!!

Foxxx5oh
06-03-2010, 09:26 AM
I have never understood why you don't have to wear a helmet on a motorcycle, But you have to wear a seatbelt in a car ??? Makes perfect sense to me !!!

Thank you Aaron!!

sean
06-03-2010, 11:43 AM
lol... Well i went to court early, dressed nice and had a good time sitting there listening to all the other things going on in Hamilton. There was one girl there who had on shorts that hardly covered her bottom half and a top that couldn't contain her boobs.... NOW she was hot for a young Hamilton hoe. lol She was about as stupid as you would think she would be but I am sure she is loved by all the playas over there. The judge was very nice and threw out one charge and kept one. 50 more bucks plus court cost... Total 140. So an expensive 2 days but a lesson learned and I hope my good to evil karma is balanced out now. I will wear my stupid helmet until sept 24 and then Ill wear it when I want.
I do believe that helmets protect you and are a good thing. I believe that a law saying you should wear one wouldn't be a bad thing. BUT I dont like them. I have been riding for a lot of years, I am 37 and have had no problems. Yes people have come into my lane and pulled out in front of me and everything else. I dont ride like an ass and I am very alert. I also believe when its my time to go I will go. Weather its going head first through a mini van or typing this thread here now on stangbangerz...................................... ....................................... Ahh still here. Guess its not my time.

sean
06-03-2010, 11:47 AM
getting pulled over for not wearing your helmet.... 170

court cost and ticket fines.... 140

Seeing a Hamilton skank barley dressed while at court....... PRICELESS

Black Horse
06-03-2010, 12:03 PM
Admit it..you just fell for the toothless grin

sean
06-03-2010, 12:12 PM
OHHHH she had teeth....... I think.......... come to think of it........... Did she even have a head.... lol

black90lx
06-03-2010, 12:17 PM
i only wear one if i go on a long trip or on the highway.

Galaxie
06-05-2010, 11:15 AM
A helmet is cheaper than life support . I am 41 and have been on bikes all my life my mother wrecked hers when i was 13 and the helmet had a gouge 3 inches square and it had just got to the foam . She walked away with rashed hands ,fingers and knees . The leather coat and helmet saved her life . I have never forgotten that and wear my protection if going over .5 mile from my starting point .She was going 60mph on a curve and hit a cat .

INSANEBA
06-05-2010, 11:41 AM

Thats because seatbelts dont look right on a bike Aaron lmao!

sean
06-05-2010, 11:44 AM
.She was going 60mph on a curve and hit a cat .

60 in a curve and hit a CAT?

Galaxie
06-05-2010, 04:16 PM
Yea its a long wide curve . She tried to get away from it but still hit it and with the motion she already had going trying to avoid the cat it took the bike out from under her . This was a Yamaha 360 it was a tall and narrow bike not the best of a handling bike .

Markcore
06-05-2010, 05:14 PM
I went down on my bike after hitting a wet tar strip in a corner. Bottom line, if I hadn't been wearing my helmet, I would be dead. Jacket too for that matter. I hit and split in half a 4x4 wooden post. EMT said jacket saved my arm from coming off. Still broke my collar bone in 3 places but I still have it!

k062693w
06-05-2010, 06:31 PM

That's why I get all the STRANGE looks when riding my moped !!! Must be the shoulder belt ??? :flipoff:

:lol:

INSANEBA
06-05-2010, 11:47 PM
LMAO you got it buddy! I told Erika I was putting one on her 600 today, right after she watched me ride a wheelie on her bike lol, she strongly disagreed... Women...

ADaughen
06-05-2010, 11:54 PM

Some guy in Japan created an airbag for a motorcycle... :bigthumb

If the helmet doesn't fit right, you won't wear it. Spend a little time (an afternoon) and money($350-500) and get a nice one.

I have had buddies with all sorts of damage from riding bikes, one thing they have always said was "thank God I was wearing my helmet/gear" or the one guy with two broken legs (for a second time) "I should have been wearing my armored pants".

I have tried other helmets from guys who didn't like them. Too heavy, too big (wind resistance), didn't fit right etc. I can understand where they are coming from. Mom and Dad both survived bad wrecks due to safety gear, so I am a little biased. ;) None of the guys I know who got in wrecks are or were bad riders. They were in the wrong spot at the wrong time, when a "Cager" wanted to be there.

Ride Safe.

sean
06-06-2010, 12:53 AM
I find my self not paying as much attention when I have a helmet on. I am not as aware of my surroundings and I get a little complacent. I know that sounds stupid but I am waay more focused on the road and I am more aware of everything around me when I go without the helmet. That little bit of sound and side to side vision I loose really messes with me. Ohh well. I have to wear it until sept so I will. I will try to look into a good helmet but I just dont like them.

INSANEBA
06-06-2010, 11:07 AM
You dont have to spend $300-$500 for a good lid. HJC makes several different style helmets that are very light, comfy, and have great line of sight. As for noise reduction, thats no different than riding in your car with the windows up and radio on. If your feeling complacent with a lid on, that means you gotta get more used to wearing one. Trust me, they are worth their weight in gold when you need one, regaurdless of the price. Also, it cant be too loose or too tight, gotta fit just right. Give it the good ol head bang test, if your not rich or not into fashion status look into an HJC or something along those ligns. You can get a great helmet for under $200 that looks great and fits/feels great too. I had one save my ass about 4 years ago, it held up against a International Harvester! ALso keep in mind, ALL lids have to be Snell and DOT certified, which means they all are tested safe. The higher dollar lids go on the beleife that the helmet should crack to reduce the impact (helmet breaks) the lower priced helmets beleive they should absorb the impact (dent) to reduce damage. I dunno about you, but the thought of my $500 Shoei/Arai/Suomy cracking under impact doesent sound good to me. Not because of damage, but because it will only take that hard hit once before it starts to seperate if it cracks bad enough. Then again, I'm a cheapo and $300 is usually my top dollar for a lid lol...

sean
06-06-2010, 03:37 PM
Yea. I am sure I just need to get used to it. I get what your saying about noise. But in the car I can see everything without twisting my neck off. So there are helmets out there that wont affect my side to side? I like the ebay helmet I have enough. I dont know I guess I have to get used to it. 13 to 17 years of riding without a helmet then putting one on and I feel less connected to the task at hand. Lol. Maybe ill just trade the damn thing for a nice NICE mustang.

ADaughen
06-06-2010, 10:02 PM
ALso keep in mind, ALL lids have to be Snell and DOT certified, which means they all are tested safe. The higher dollar lids go on the beleife that the helmet should crack to reduce the impact (helmet breaks) the lower priced helmets beleive they should absorb the impact (dent) to reduce damage. I dunno about you, but the thought of my $500 Shoei/Arai/Suomy cracking under impact doesent sound good to me. Not because of damage, but because it will only take that hard hit once before it starts to seperate if it cracks bad enough. Then again, I'm a cheapo and $300 is usually my top dollar for a lid lol...

Once they are in an accident they should be replaced, period. The foam core can only compact so much before it is useless.

In fact, my one buddy that was in two bad accidents, his insurance company replaced his, along with the motorcycle(s).

k062693w
06-06-2010, 10:44 PM
And the other GREAT thing about a helmet is you get to have an Open Casket !!! LMAO

ADaughen
06-07-2010, 12:54 AM
And the other GREAT thing about a helmet is you get to have an Open Casket !!! LMAO

Sometimes...

There are some things that even the best gear can't protect you from. A 6x6 pressure treated sign post at 55+ mph is one of them. :(

The sad/ironic thing was, Dad and I had been looking at getting a Suzuki to tool around on weeks before my Uncle's accident.

Bayman
06-07-2010, 01:22 AM
What are the motorcycle laws during your first year again ?

I knew about the helmet..
Had a motorcycle temp about 10 years back, rode on it for a summer.

Anyway, whats the rules again on:
Certain highways/roads
Night driving
Passengers

Cant remember if the laws are different when you have a temp permit/1st year
Thanks

INSANEBA
06-07-2010, 10:49 AM
Permit you have to wear a helmet, no passengers, no interstate riding and no nighttime riding. As for the liscense, I'm pretty sure the only one is you have to wear a helmet for the first year...

sean
06-07-2010, 02:09 PM
Yes. Helmet for you and the passenger for the first calender year.

Bayman
06-07-2010, 11:28 PM
Got it! picked up the handbook today.
Either of you go to or know where the riding class' are ?
Thanks for the replies.

Camaro86SHOCKER
06-08-2010, 12:27 AM
That's some b.s. that your bike got impounded. Their just trying to make a buck on you. I believe the helmet is completely your decision. The goverment shouldn't be allowed to regulate what you feel is safe or not, as long as your not hurting anyone else in doing so.

sean
06-08-2010, 12:31 AM
That's some b.s. that your bike got impounded. Their just trying to make a buck on you. I believe the helmet is completely your decision. The goverment shouldn't be allowed to regulate what you feel is safe or not, as long as your not hurting anyone else in doing so.

Dont get me started. I can go ride without a shirt, in shorts, and fucking flip flops and as long as I have a helmet on I am fine???? WHAAAAT THEEE FUUUUCK. Oh well. I was more pissed that I have been riding forever on temps and I am 37. I wasnt riding stupid or anything. I never do. The shit hole that is hamilton just wanted to make some money. I was in the wrong and it wont happen again.

mustang8998
06-08-2010, 07:02 PM
The shit hole that is hamilton just wanted to make some money. I was in the wrong and it wont happen again.

Maybe that will keep you low life, fucking scum bikers, out of our fine city!

:lol:

sean
06-08-2010, 11:20 PM
Lol. I knew some of you lived in hamilton. I am guessing you dont live over by front street or in little mexico off east ave and ludluw. If you do i hope I didnt offend and also you need to move. lol

mustang8998
06-09-2010, 09:42 PM
I guess it begs the question......... Just what were YOU doing there?

sean
06-09-2010, 11:11 PM
I have a route I take when I am in certain areas. I was at Joyce park watching the RC planes fly and then watching the wake boards on the pond over there. Then I head twards Hamilton and get on rt 4 and take the long winding way home. I do ride through the nasty parts of Hamilton to see whats either on fire or recently burnt down. I watched a house burn a few weeks back on east ave by the marathon.

relaxednoma
06-10-2010, 07:29 AM
went there to pick up a buddies car to detail, left my sierra at his house while I took his car and detailed it etc. on the way home, got pulled over. Cop was a total ass, stating that my truck was to loud, he heard me speeding (WTF) my tint was to dark (it is) and that I have a license plate light out. I replied that I have a full exhaust system, which is 50 state legal and that I have paperwork to show such, i know my tint is too dark in ohio, and that I live in kentucky (he was dumbfounded by this) and thanked him for the tag light FYI. He then started grilling me on 100 questions why I was there etc. eventually i guess he became bored of being a dbag and "let me go with a verbal warning since I wasnt from the area"

Timido
06-10-2010, 09:35 AM
You would be surprised how much a helmet boots jacket and gloves protect you. Watch some go races and watch someone toss a bike at a high rate of speed and walk away. I have dumped a biker or 2 and the gear saved me allot of pain.

I dont believe in helmet laws. If they make you wear protective gear then eventually they could just say well motorcycles are dangerous lets ban them also

sean
06-10-2010, 12:33 PM
I agree that protective gear saves lives. No question. I also believe riding a motorcycle is dumb and can be extremely dangerous. But i just cant seem to quit doing it. But the bike i have now is faster than any car I will ever have and looks the part. I guess it gets in your blood.
Sometimes I think I should just trade it for a nice car or newer mustang. Who knows. I really like this bike though but the stupid ticket has got me mad at the laws and myself.. lol

mustang8998
06-10-2010, 06:58 PM
I have a route I take when I am in certain areas. I was at Joyce park watching the RC planes fly and then watching the wake boards on the pond over there. Then I head twards Hamilton and get on rt 4 and take the long winding way home. I do ride through the nasty parts of Hamilton to see whats either on fire or recently burnt down. I watched a house burn a few weeks back on east ave by the marathon.

Just busting your balls, Sean. :lol:

I go up East ave, once in a while. If there is a train crossing Dixie, it might save me a minute. It isn't an area that I would "hang out" in.

There are lots of friendly females around there. They are always waving at you, as you drive by. :eek:

sean
06-10-2010, 09:12 PM
Lol. years ago when I used to repo over there you could see a lot more friendly ladies and drug deals on the streets. Now it just a lot of Mexicans pushing their meximelts around while the baby daddy watches from the yard with his ankle bracelet on.lol

92coupe
06-10-2010, 09:41 PM
Lol. years ago when I used to repo over there you could see a lot more friendly ladies and drug deals on the streets. Now it just a lot of Mexicans pushing their meximelts around while the baby daddy watches from the yard with his ankle bracelet on.lol

Your first mistake is riding a bike through Hamiltucky. At least the dick faced hard nosed honda lover pricklice doesnt work there anymore. He would pull every harley rider over he could. If you had a harley sticker on your car he got you. He nailed me a dozen times. Never got a ticket.

92coupe
06-10-2010, 09:42 PM
Lol. I knew some of you lived in hamilton. I am guessing you dont live over by front street or in little mexico off east ave and ludluw. If you do i hope I didnt offend and also you need to move. lol

The boyz have a club house on ludlow.

sean
06-10-2010, 10:31 PM

I think its gone now. If your talking about the ornge brick big inclosed patio house. The patio runs down a side street. Windows are borded up and no chalupas hanging around.

mustang8998
06-10-2010, 10:32 PM
Your first mistake is riding a bike through Hamiltucky. At least the dick faced hard nosed honda lover pricklice doesnt work there anymore. He would pull every harley rider over he could. If you had a harley sticker on your car he got you. He nailed me a dozen times. Never got a ticket.

Quit acting like a biker, Brian, we all know you are a wannabe! :rolleyes:

BTW, if I were to sell my junk, I could (with Maggie's permission) buy another bike. Hmmmmmm........

92coupe
06-10-2010, 11:20 PM
Im gonna buy a brand new one next year softail, deluxe or heritage. But i'm looking to pick up another old shovel some vintage iron.

92coupe
06-10-2010, 11:22 PM
I think its gone now. If your talking about the ornge brick big inclosed patio house. The patio runs down a side street. Windows are borded up and no chalupas hanging around.

You must be on the other end of ludlow, The clubhouse is still there last time i was over that way. Im not talking about any chalupas. :cool2:

sean
06-10-2010, 11:33 PM
You must be on the other end of ludlow, The clubhouse is still there last time i was over that way. Im not talking about any chalupas. :cool2:

I was talking about the east ave side. The other side is where ludlow tires is right? What kind of boyz are you reffering to? Harley? I had a few people I knew over by the tire place. Last name was jenkins. Nice guy but definatly put off a dont fuck with me vibe if he didnt like you.

mustang8998
06-11-2010, 09:39 PM
I think this is the building Sean is referring to. It is on Ludlow and Seventh.

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh283/mustang8998/0611102048.jpg

sean
06-11-2010, 10:08 PM
Lol. Thats tooooo funny. Yep that may as well been a taco bell. Most couldn't leave the porch but it was still intimidating to get stuck in traffic next to that place. No essay, I dont want any meth.. lol