PDA

View Full Version : C-4 leaking from dipstick tube inlet

mustangbob
06-06-2010, 09:37 PM
Finally got the engine and transmission back in the mustang since last December and now the transmission is leaking out of the dipstick tube inlet. The first time it happened right after the first start up and we were adding fluid to the transmission and running through the gears, after letting it sit, there was a very slow trickle, but enough to make a large puddle by the next day. So I pulled the tube out and the O-ring had broken, so I tried using a gasket sealer and then put it in, and now its leaking worse out of the same spot. So I am taking any suggestions to get this fixed. Also, my TCI flexplate-shield is also causing problems by making it much more difficult to maneuver the tube to get it in to the transmission. Anyway, all help is appreciated.

Thanks, bob

Black Horse
06-06-2010, 09:57 PM
Make sure the tube is still round (not squished) and has the right size new o-ring on it. The tube needs to be fully seated as well, if it is interfering with the flex plate shield it may not be seating fully.

stocknotch
06-06-2010, 10:02 PM
Get on ebay and buy one of the Lokar, or the generic brand, flexible dipsticks. They work really well and are wayyy easier to manuever around things. I think they're around 30bux. Well worth that!

pegasus
06-07-2010, 04:35 PM
RTV it!!!!! JK JK

Stangman
06-07-2010, 04:41 PM
RTV it!!!!! JK JK

That is actually the serious cheap fix... Same on the 4R70W's too...