PDA

View Full Version : Thornhill

Waffles
06-07-2010, 11:35 PM
So, a lot of you read about the problem I was having with the midget racecar driver and the one owner of Thornhill, Jerry Saylor. Essentially, that bunch is just a bunch of goons. I'm done there.

From an earlier post on the TH website....

Well, some things have happened. Evidently one of the owners, Jerry Saylor, didn't feel we should be paid for all the work we did scraping the track last week. We were paid, but I was fired for it. I'm not sure I understand why.

The work was discussed, approved, and agreed upon. The progress was discussed during the week. I paid workers directly out of my own pocket, and was to be re-imbursed. There was nothing out of line. The other owner, Dale Richie, agrees that everything was done according to our previous discussions.

I might also add that the traction as a result of this was exceptional. The lanes were within .001 all night. In order to preserve the condition of the lanes, the sprayer used during racing that night was filled with alcohol instead of traction compound. Overspraying compound, which is the tendency, causes the rubber to turn to goo. This is why racers have seen the track fading badly over the last few weeks.

I personally own the this website, and have never been paid for ANY work I've done on it. I've always kept it up just to help out. I've never asked to be paid, but certainly will not be keeping it alive given the circumstances.

Also, when I was fired, Jerry Saylor made the decision to get his pistol during the discussion. Because of this, I'll not be coming to Thornhill for safety reasons.

Good luck everyone, I hope things get figured out.

Since then, they've hacked my Facebook page, changed my password there, and deleted the Thornhill fan page attached to my account. I've notified the proper authorities, so we'll see what happens.

We'll be making a KORA press release later today. I'm absolutely sick over not being able to run this race. I really feel the need to apologize to all you guys who supported the effort and have been putting in your own legwork to help us promote. Simply, we can't run a race there under the circumstances, even if we do have a contract. As much as canceling sucks, it's better than having everyone turn out for a race where the track owner will be uncooperative.

sean
06-08-2010, 12:14 AM
Damn man. Guy sounds like a real f**k head. Should be some sort of trouble you can get him in for getting a gun. Lawyer or police help. Sorry to hear but the low life scum win sometimes too.

2Kblacksleeper
06-08-2010, 12:22 AM
Sorry to hear about this. I had looked foward to meeting you there. I guess it will be a different track now.
Good luck in any way to get back at them.

Pitbull1052
06-08-2010, 08:42 AM
daum Chris sorry to hear all of that bro.........

adragon72
06-08-2010, 08:56 AM
Man that stinks!!! What's the deal with people any more.

Stangman
06-08-2010, 09:24 AM
Just when I thought Thornhill was sorta making a comeback...

that sucks.

So, what about the Rooster Challenge, Chris? think tensions will ease by then??

Waffles
06-08-2010, 12:28 PM
Well, a lot of the local goons were mad and left... and honestly, I did my best to piss some of them off and would have been happy to never see them again. Most of them were the trouble makers and drunks that keep Thornhill under their thumb. Ya run those guys off, and you could MAYBE do something with it. The problem now is, I guess, that ya got a guy JUST like those guys who owns the place.

We're going to have to have a little meeting over the Rooster and figure that out. TH may not even be in business by then.

bestracing
06-08-2010, 03:24 PM
Sorry to hear that Chris as that place has come a long way from when I use to run there in the 80's. There was a fight every night and some drunk ass trying to run a car down the strip.

I'll let our Admin know and remove the link from our site. Our site will not be associated with a guy like him.

DeckerEnt
06-08-2010, 04:24 PM
Sorry to hear about all the problems. You brought that place so far. Shame. Good luck.

04 Venom
06-08-2010, 04:39 PM
I guess this falls into the category of "no good deed goes unpunished".

Waffles
06-08-2010, 07:15 PM
Thanks everyone, it really does break my heart. I'd love to see that place turn into something better.

Waffles
06-11-2010, 04:15 PM
Sorry to hear that Chris as that place has come a long way from when I use to run there in the 80's. There was a fight every night and some drunk ass trying to run a car down the strip.

I'll let our Admin know and remove the link from our site. Our site will not be associated with a guy like him.

You know what? That actually really saddens me. I worked that link exchange out myself with Craig. One of the goofy things is, Dale and I had just got in touch with Craig, and you were next on the list, because we were going to try to do some kinda of a NKYFBA night. We were even thinking about having a friendly NKYFBA vs SBZ shootout kinda thing. Ford vs Chevy. We were trying come up with fun and interesting stuff to bring a new crowd. Now... yeah, no one will be interested in doing anything creative.

Waffles
06-11-2010, 04:19 PM
Okay, so... some of you might have kept up on my Facebook.

Since the unfortunate incident, Jerry has been on the rampage attacking me. He's accused me of stealing money through false reimbursements and threatened to file charges against me.

Now Jerry Saylor is accusing me of stealing his/track money. The track purchased headsets for the radios (finally). Jerry wanted them shipped COD, they don't ship COD. So, he said it would have to wait another day, and another day would have caused us not to get them by Sat. So, I offered to have Jerry write me a check, and I'd pay for them on my card. We knew they'd run about $500 plus shipping. He wrote the check for $550. The total came to $520 so he took the other $30 back out of my pay.

Now he's saying he KNOWS that the headsets only cost me $300 and that I stole the rest. Amazing.

05/20/2010 MCD PUR PERFORMANCE 2 WAY RACI FRANKFORD DE $519.00
http://thornhilldragway.com/Portals/0/images/performance2way.jpg

So much for that.

He's also saying I stole hosting money for the website. This is because he's tech retarded. Imma post the email I wrote in a minute.

Sigh.....

Waffles
06-11-2010, 04:21 PM
well, if you wanna read the rest, it's on http://thornhilldragway.com/

I figured if I just started making everything public, he'd cut out the shit. Hasn't worked so far.

beefcake
06-11-2010, 10:36 PM
well, if you wanna read the rest, it's on http://thornhilldragway.com/

I figured if I just started making everything public, he'd cut out the shit. Hasn't worked so far.

long read

very interesting

Waffles
06-12-2010, 01:46 AM
What's even more interesting is that VP sponsored the Outlaw series a couple of drums of Lane Choice 7 traction compound. Well, the Outlaw series cut a deal with Thornhill, that the Outlaw guys could Test and Tune for free and the track could use the compound on non-KORA race days. Well, turns out the outlaw guys were being charged regular price, AND Jerry decided he was just going to "hang on" to the traction compound after the series pulled out. So he didn't honor his end of the deal, AND he was going to steal the compound.

So, went down and got it tonight. Was in and out in 10 minutes, no one even knew we were there. Every day that goes by proves more and more what a dirt bag he is.

Mista Bone
06-12-2010, 01:58 AM
Hopefully others will see you actually gave a damn and tried to make the place better, quality product and such.

I walked away from a job of 14 years for same reason, the next job I lasted 5 years before being fired.

I have high standards and seems you are the same way. Best thing I can say is know you tried your best to work with an asshole owner who sees nothing but the $$$.

Waffles
06-12-2010, 04:01 AM
Thornhill has some really good folks that race down there... so don't get me wrong when I say this. There is a difference between taking care of the customer and letting the customer run your business.

Racers are the entertainment. Spectators make you money. You have to keep both happy. However, many of the racers get power hungry. That's the way it is at Thornhill. Many of the bracket racers never want to see TH do anything different, because they lose their control.

Here's an example:

The truck thing flopped, now this is gone (Kentucky Outlaw Racing), and I would assume the chicken choker (Rooster Challenge) road rally is gone also. Man it sounds like we have a racetrack back for bracket racers that want to bracket race.

and

Dont let it suprise you but the Racers has always ran thorn hill and will continue to do so.

bcoh5gt
06-13-2010, 11:02 AM
Yeah Chris I have been going to this track for 27 years. It was always a bracket style race track and it always worked. You act so surprised that nobody wanted any of this. You probably should have left me out of this one my friend. Good luck with your ventures.

Waffles
06-13-2010, 01:02 PM
It's got nothing to do with being AGAINST bracket racing. It's got to do with, something needs to be done to bring money in. It worked well when my uncle ran it and it made tons of money. It worked well when Al had it with a relatively small payment. Now the lease is $13,000 a month. Payroll is $8000 a month. Advertising runs about $1000. Insurance runs over a grand. Thornhill needs about 550 spectators each week with no rainouts JUST TO BREAK EVEN. Highest spectator count this year was 510. You do the math.

So, basically, what's worked in the past won't work now. The drunks need to be run off, or they need to get sober. The guys that make calls according to who their friends are need to go. And, there has to be something a little more exciting to bring spectators in. So, once a month having an Outlaw race to bring a big crowd in ultimately would help pay the bills so that the bracket racers will continue to have a place to race. The problem is, a lot of the regular guys are too short sited to understand the business end of it. They put up a fight to keep everything else out. So, it'll either shut down or it'll just stay that dirt clod back woods track that everyone else thinks it is.