PDA

View Full Version : Good shop to mount tires?

SWEET GT
06-18-2010, 04:19 PM
I have an 18x10 rim that needs to go back the manufacturer for warranty issues. I have the new wheel and just need the tire switched from the 'bad" wheel to the good. I have the wheel/tire off the car.

I called a local shop (wont name names) that is supposedly good with custom wheels, etc. They told me, if I didnt buy it from them, they wont touch it. The gentlemen couldnt recommend me a shop to go to either.

Anyone know of a shop that will do this, and not damage the lip of the wheel in the process?

I wouldnt think itd be a big deal..but maybe it is?

cobrajoe
06-18-2010, 06:39 PM
I called a local shop (wont name names) that is supposedly good with custom wheels, etc. They told me, if I didnt buy it from them, they wont touch it. The gentlemen couldnt recommend me a shop to go to either.

Well you should name name's so your fellow Bangerz don't waste their time!:rolleyes:

Dirtyd0g
06-18-2010, 08:03 PM
Most shops won't mount tires unless you buy from them. Unless you know someone who will do it in the evening off the clock.
Alan

SWEET GT
06-19-2010, 01:20 PM
Princeton Tire is where I called. Bob Sumerel will do it. I went to the Delhi location but they don't have an "easy touch" machine. They told me to hit up the fort wright location on Monday. They dint want to scratch the wheels. I was told the wheel style I have is reverse mount so they have to be careful