PDA

View Full Version : Fish story

85_SS_302_Coupe
06-22-2010, 03:53 PM
Went fishing this morning at 4EYED85GT's house which was awesome...immediately caught a nice catfish on my '89 Zebco 33 which was a shocker because it only has 4lb line on it and snaps like sewing thread but i managed to get him in. Then caught some bass and one of the biggest bluegills i've ever seen. Then the rain came in and looked nasty so we decided to pack up.

So we get almost home and it looks like it's gonna pass so we went to the park...didn't catch any fish aside from a couple bluegills but i did manage to catch a duck. They're so tame they come right up to you and i guess when i threw out they thought it was food so they went after it...and i didn't think they'd really try to bite it so i reeled in and sure enough as soon as my bait came up one of them grabbed it and i hooked right into his bill.

You haven't lived until you reel in a flipping out duck on a fishing rod. They don't weigh anything but they sure put up a good fight. I had to cut the hook with wire snips to get it out of her bill.

So then right as we're packing up to leave, i hear some slashing in this little bush by the bank and i find a baby duck tangled in fishing line. People...YOU HAVE TO CUT YOUR FISHING LINE UP WHEN YOU THROW IT AWAY. I got her clipped out but her leg was cut into really bad and when i put her back with the rest of the babies the mother attacked her, probably because she knew she's injured and wasn't gonna make it so i carried her to the other side of the lake and put her in the water and i guess nature will take its course on that one.

So, cliff note....caught a nice catfish, a huge bluegill, and two ducks. :bigthumb

4EYED85GT
06-22-2010, 09:44 PM
David, glad you had a good time fishing my pond! You are welcome to come back anytime! The duck story sounds pretty crazy, I cant imagine trying to get a hook out of a ducks bill. I used to have 4 big white ducks on my pond until they decided to play out in the road one rainy day. Some teenager was moving pretty quick in his Acura Integra and wiped them all out.

85_SS_302_Coupe
06-22-2010, 09:52 PM
She wasn't at all happy about having a hook in her bill...that's putting it lightly. The male that was with her wasn't happy about me handling her either. As i was reeling her in he was chasing her around trying to attack my line and help her.