PDA

View Full Version : Lesnar vs. Carwin

djom1cincy
06-29-2010, 05:36 PM
Lets hear what people have to say. I'm going with Lesnar on this one. I think it will be a ground and pound with stopage in the 2nd or 3rd. The only chance I give Carwin will be a one punch knockout. If he hits Lesnar and hurts and it hurts him without putting him out I see Lesnar taking him down and just having his way. Your thoughts?

85_SS_302_Coupe
06-29-2010, 06:13 PM
I think Lesnar is getting better. I was a big critic when he first came out but damn you can't deny the guy's size and power. The better he gets at the technical side of things the more dangerous he becomes. If he had gotten into mma when he was younger and really learned a lot of ground and submission techniques he would just about be unstoppable IMO.

05yellowgt
06-29-2010, 08:20 PM
I'm looking at it like this. Lesnar was a beast while fighting with a hole in his intestine for the better part of a year. How much better do you think he will be now? So long as the illness didnt take too much out of him he will beat Carwin. Carwin's biggest advantage has been strength and brute force power. Lesnar is bigger and stronger than Carwin. People say they are the same size but I am almost positive that Lesnar has 20-30lbs on Carwin, most if not all of that muscle.

Paul408Notch
06-29-2010, 11:13 PM
I really like Carwin, and I doubted him before the Mir fight, but he impressed me a LOT with that win. That being said, I don't know if he can hold up against Brock or not. I'd like to see him beat Brock, but I have no idea what's going to happen. I'm not even going to vote. :lol:

I usually go to BW3s to watch the fights, but I have a feeling it's going to be crazy crowded. Anybody want to come over to my place to watch and just throw in 5 bucks or so for it? I have a 54" plasma and plenty of room. And I'm just about 5 minutes up the hill from Cincy Speed.

ibstrokin
06-30-2010, 02:19 AM
I like Carwin more than Lesnar, but, If I were betting, I would have to put my money on Lesnar. That dude is just huge, and fast, and an asshole.

Mustard
06-30-2010, 05:18 AM
Lesnar is a beast. Carwin is no joke for sure but Lesnar is gona have his number

PKFIRE
06-30-2010, 06:21 AM
Carwin is walking at 295 now. He is down to 275 now and will make 265 when the weigh in will occur. He won't be giving up much as in weight as Lesnar but I believe Lesnar has a few inches on him though Carwins hands are a bit bigger than Lesnar. I want Carwin to win, I hope that he can control Lesnar's speed. Strength wise Carwin is also a beast, I'm pretty excited about this fight.

5.0calypso93lx
06-30-2010, 09:36 AM
Lesnar by TKO.

djom1cincy
07-03-2010, 11:38 AM
I'm excited. Tonight's the night for one of if not the biggest heavy weight fight in mma history. I've got 20 on Lesnar with a friend. I've taken his money in Lesnars last two fights. I'm going for three in a row. I'm posting the weigh in. Brock makes Shain look small. They are both beast of men.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1Wo6wdEYO0

05yellowgt
07-03-2010, 11:47 AM
Brock looks to be in better shape than I have ever seen him!!! If anything I thought Carwin looked a little flabby compared to past fights. Not taking anything away from Carwin, he's still one of the baddest men on the planet, but I think Lesnar is going to take this one handily. The only way that doesn't happen is if Carwin is able to land a knockout punch since we don't really know how Lesnar holds up to the kind of heavy hands Carwin has. Every other aspect of the fight I think Lesnar shows a clear advantage in strength, size, speed, explosiveness. The only wash I see is probably their wrestling ability.

draggin50
07-03-2010, 11:49 AM
Damn Brock goes from ears to shoulders! They are some monsters! I still hope Carwin pulls one out of his ass! Hope its a good fight and not one of those minute and a half waste of times.

PKFIRE
07-03-2010, 12:12 PM
Brock has a huge upper body but punch power comes from the hips. Brock pushes his punches, maybe he has corrected this. Shane is shorter but has abnormal leg strength. Has anyone seen Carwin's hurtle feat, also he punch through $475 dollar boxing gloves and Whitman couldn't return them because they said it was impossible to do that.

bbfstanger
07-03-2010, 12:47 PM
if lesnar doesnt get caught with something stupid like an armbar or something i think he'll ground and pound.

Paul408Notch
07-03-2010, 01:18 PM
I'm taking the minority stance here and I say Carwin wins it. I think he's better than Brock on his feet, and almost equal to him on the ground. I don't see it going to the ground much though. Seems that when two guys get in there who are both good wrestlers, they both kind of cancel each other out and they stand and swing.

05yellowgt
07-03-2010, 01:25 PM
Lesnar brought in Randy Couture to train with for this fight. This I think is really going to up his standup and help him develop some dirty boxing.

draggin50
07-03-2010, 10:26 PM
So what time is the fight and who is going to be the one to post the result??? Im ready to hear about it!

Metcalf Racing
07-03-2010, 11:33 PM
I know this is the first fight I've missed in years

draggin50
07-03-2010, 11:53 PM
Me too and it sucks! I just saw that Matt Brown lost... That blows.

Metcalf Racing
07-04-2010, 12:08 AM
I hate getting second hand details. I was trying to order the ppv for my phone but I couldn't find a way

draggin50
07-04-2010, 12:09 AM
I know. Im watching MMAjunkies.com for updates!

draggin50
07-04-2010, 12:10 AM
They have a live feed and is OK at the most!

Metcalf Racing
07-04-2010, 12:27 AM
Where can I get it.

draggin50
07-04-2010, 12:28 AM
This is what Im checking out.
http://mmajunkie.com/news/19794/ufc-116-play-by-play-and-live-results.mma

draggin50
07-04-2010, 12:44 AM
Dammit!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Metcalf Racing
07-04-2010, 12:47 AM
Lol. I know. Now I have to wait for Cane to break his jaw

djom1cincy
07-04-2010, 12:58 AM
Damn good fight. Shane had him down in the first round with some real.good ground and pound. Brock lasted but ended up bloody. Second round Brock took him down and passed guard. Shane ended up tapping out to a choke about half way through the round.

Paul408Notch
07-04-2010, 01:29 AM
I really thought Shane had him, but he just ran himself out of gas WAY too quickly. I don't think Velasquez will be able to beat Brock, so hopefully Shane will get a rematch in 6-8 months and bring a little better cardio with him.

PKFIRE
07-04-2010, 08:47 AM
Brock's to handle those punches, he was getting manhandled with them. Shane wanted to end that in the first round which he could of. I'm surprised they let that go on for as long as they did because Brock didn't and couldn't defend himself. I think next time Shane will pace himself better.

dsmawd350
07-04-2010, 01:21 PM
If that ref would have stopped that he probably would have been swarmed and beaten by thousands of angry fans

beefcake
07-04-2010, 03:39 PM
Brock's to handle those punches, he was getting manhandled with them. Shane wanted to end that in the first round which he could of. I'm surprised they let that go on for as long as they did because Brock didn't and couldn't defend himself. I think next time Shane will pace himself better.

he obviously handled himself ok, he won the fight??

9cobra4
07-04-2010, 03:41 PM

If he could've ended it first round, why didn't he? That makes no sense. Why would someone not end a fight if they could? Sorry to come off as a dick, but everyone is making excuses.

Walter
07-04-2010, 04:03 PM
Carwin punched himself out. Brock capitalized. Done.

SpoonyGT
07-04-2010, 06:28 PM
If u watched the fight while hr was ground pounding Brock, Brock was blocking most of the punches with.his forearms the point of the stoppage is if he he getting jacked in the face and not defending himself which he clearly was.

Mista Bone
07-05-2010, 06:45 AM
Just got to watch this and I'm not a huge MMA fan.

Brock took some epic shots in the first round, still able (barely!) to defend himself. Shane punched out and had little for second round, Brock was ready to go again.

My short thoughts, Brock just wanted to survive first round as he knew Shane had never seen a second round.

02mingryGT
07-05-2010, 10:03 AM
If he could've ended it first round, why didn't he? That makes no sense. Why would someone not end a fight if they could? Sorry to come off as a dick, but everyone is making excuses.

:bigthumb Lots of Brock haters on this site. Wonder who the next Great Lesnar beater Hope is? :lol:

Carwin punched himself out. Brock capitalized. Done.

Short and to the point.

PKFIRE
07-05-2010, 01:32 PM
Shane could of ended the fight if he didn't gas himself out and actually spent the time to punch pass Brock's guard. I guess he caught himself in the moment and just went crazy driving those punches over and over. Mentally I think he lost the fight. He's never fought a guy that could take the punishment Brock did. I really didn't think Shane could of predicted that because neither him nor his team knew that anyone could take his hits like that. Brock's a warrior in that means. Brock's team even told Brock between 1st to 2nd round to remember how it feels to punch like Shane did and how much energy it knocks out of you. Brock won this because he survived and had more gas in the tank because he didn't use much energy.

BigBadStang
07-05-2010, 03:34 PM
I find it funny that many fans hates Lesnar because he came from Pro Wrestling. He could kick the shit out of everyone in the sport for 10 years, and many would still make excuses. :lol: What difference does it make? He is winning, so he obviously deserves some respect.

dsmawd350
07-05-2010, 05:31 PM
Shane could of ended the fight if he didn't gas himself out and blah blah blah excuses excuses excuses.

yeah shoulda coulda woulda

Mavowar
07-05-2010, 05:49 PM
Brock won.....and yes he earned this one......

edit....

lets say you got into a street fight with a notoriously badd ass puncher......you take all he has to give and yes you are damn near beat but you rise up and like a warrior of old you stand your ground and comeback and eventually beat the guy......

YOu would go damn did you see that MFrs I just took his best and still won!!!!

You wouldn't be saying.....damn i should not of won.....I did not fight well....etc.....be realistic.....