PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a Bobcat?

4EYED85GT
07-04-2010, 06:56 PM
I am looking for someone that has a Bobcat that wants to make some extra money. I know what they cost to rent and also what the "going" rate is per hour and it can get expensive. Most guys wanna charge $60 per hour. I need someone with a good sized machine and tracks preferrably to move a lot of dirt that is in my yard. I had my pond dug deeper about 3 years ago and just had all the dirt moved to one area due to costs. Now I need all the dirt moved to low areas in the yard and graded out and ready for seed. It would take an experienced operator with a strong machine probably two full 8 hour days if not longer.

I dont want to pay $480/day "going rate". I feel that $200 for an 8 hour day is decent money, especially if someones Bobcat is just sitting and not making any money. I could possibly pick up the fuel costs also.

If anyone on here has a Bobcat or knows someone who does that would rather make some money as opposed to letting their machine sit please let me know.

I could spend $200 a day to rent one but being inexperienced I would spend too much time getting used to the machine and would cost more in the long run as opposed to hiring someone that is constantly in motion. I also have some stumps that need pulled up if someone has a backhoe.

KB1
07-04-2010, 07:29 PM
Facemelter71 (Andy) His Dad has a nice one, Andy is a great operator, don't know if they do side work or not? worth a shot, PM him.

firestang70
07-04-2010, 08:27 PM
I have a Cougar that rides in my back seat, her name is Karen. Does this help??? Sorry dont know anyone personally.

thecollector
07-06-2010, 08:52 AM
I have a Cougar that rides in my back seat, her name is Karen. Does this help??? Sorry dont know anyone personally.
:lol::lol::lol:

My in law has one. He won't leave the barn with it for $200/day though. By the time he puts fuel in the cat, and his truck to drag 5 tons out to Bethel he'd be better off letting it sit and cutting grass/muchling all day instead. Cat owners are ussually busy this time of year, you'd get a better cash rate by waiting till fall after the landscaping projects are completed, grass is dormant and the owners start getting hungry.

PM me if you could cover fuel and richen the pot a little.

4EYED85GT
07-06-2010, 09:56 AM
thecollector, how much cash would you need to run that machine for 8 hours (run time)?

facemelter71
07-06-2010, 10:43 AM
I have one.But getting it to Bethal is no short task.Bobcat is in Oxford with truck and trailer.And driving a F-350 with a 26' Gooseneck trialer with a bobcat on it from Oxford wouldnt be cheap.
Maybe you could pay some one to run your rental.I might be down for that.

bangingears
07-06-2010, 11:31 AM
call justin cox, he is in owensville. Tell him bonez sent ya 513-834-4362

thecollector
07-06-2010, 03:57 PM
thecollector, how much cash would you need to run that machine for 8 hours (run time)?

Don't worry about the time, call him and have him come out and quote it. What looks like 8-10 hrs of work to you may only take him 3. He dug out my brothers property making his basement a walk out, capped an in ground swimming pool and rockhounded/graded the whole area in less than 5 hours. I think he runs $60/hr but an experienced operator is worth it and if you plan seeding it for grass you don't want a rutted mess.

K&M landscaping. Bob Schenck is the proprietor. (513)907-3682. He's licensed and insured. Call him and let him know what you want done and give him your addy, he can go out and look at it and give you a quote. If you go the rental route make sure you get delivered prices to cost cap. Some places only give you the equipment sans trailer. When we cost capped it was alot cheaper to have him come out and do it than for us to rent one, plus trailer. Not to mention I didn't loose a half day hauling equipment around and relearn how to fine grade dirt, It would have also easily taken me two days complete what he did in a half day.

BlazinEagle
07-07-2010, 12:01 AM
What about taking out 4 tree stumps? Can a bobcat do this? Facemelter71 you are right around the corner from me, pm me how much it would cost me to get this done. I live in the newer subdivision off struble called fay fields.
-Rodney

glassman
07-07-2010, 10:13 AM
call justin cox, he is in owensville. Tell him bonez sent ya 513-834-4362

+1 call Justin the fat mexican is pretty good on a machine you can tell him I said it 2

facemelter71
07-07-2010, 11:01 AM
What about taking out 4 tree stumps? Can a bobcat do this? Facemelter71 you are right around the corner from me, pm me how much it would cost me to get this done. I live in the newer subdivision off struble called fay fields.
-Rodney

Ill swing by and take a look at the tree stumps,see what im up against.

BlazinEagle
07-07-2010, 11:35 AM
My address is 10320 Fay lane. Just walk into the backyard and take a look and let me know.
Thanks,
Rodney

Timido
07-07-2010, 01:23 PM
Fat mexican I just about lost it.

facemelter71
07-07-2010, 03:32 PM
My address is 10320 Fay lane. Just walk into the backyard and take a look and let me know.
Thanks,
Rodney

Sounds good.I might try to swing by later this week.Ive got some great and fantastic yard work to do.