PDA

View Full Version : thank you pauls automotive!!!

93whitenotch
07-05-2010, 05:26 PM
So recently my motor blew; timing chain snapped, crankshaft bent causing the block to crack. I think think my car was messed with, but no way to prove it. But anyways, I went to pauls to get my car back together. I tracked down a 5.0 HO out of a 94-95 body. Took it to pauls and had it checked over, tuned up, and installed. Just got back today and am very happy with the turnout on my stang. So I want to take this opportunity to thank mike, paul, and everyone at pauls automotive for all your help and work on my car. And I will definitely be comin back to get more done in the future. Thanks guys!!!!! :)

331TwistedWedge
07-05-2010, 05:43 PM
im curious to what that cost you ...

93whitenotch
07-05-2010, 06:40 PM
$2000, But they had to replace a bunch of stuff inside and outside the motor and switch front cover cause the 93 5.0 has a different pulley setup, etc. But they did a very good job and I recommend them to anyone who asks

331TwistedWedge
07-05-2010, 06:59 PM
$2000 and you already had another motor from a 94-95?

93whitenotch
07-05-2010, 08:26 PM
yeah, why?

331TwistedWedge
07-05-2010, 08:43 PM
i was just curious ... thats all ...

CNTLOSE
07-05-2010, 09:06 PM
I had Paul's Automotive rebuild the rearend in my old '92 LX and install 4.10 gears. Price was same as most, but the work was better than most.

As far as price that does not sound bad at all. To have a stock motor rebuilt to stock is around $1200 and if they did the labor of installing it plus added the front cover parts $2k does not sound too bad.

331TwistedWedge
07-05-2010, 09:39 PM
he didnt have his rebuilt, $2000 was labor ... he took them another 94/95 gt engine ... at least thats what im reading ...

331TwistedWedge
07-05-2010, 09:54 PM
cant fault a business trying to make money, you have over head ... but i will say this, next time somebody needs an engine swap or something done, post a thread ... this is why we are on here ...

hell i would have walked you through it and let you borrow the cherry picker, engine stand or whatever else you needed ... 2 large is a 347 ...

93whitenotch
07-05-2010, 11:35 PM
Couldn't agree more CNTLOSE. They did an awesome job. And yes they did pretty much rebuild the motor. They had to replace a bunch of stuff in and out, took the old motor out, put the new one in, and r an r'd the whole motor. And set my timimg, reset the fuel pressure, and a lot more. And for me personally I'm not gonna sit here an act like I know how to do everything. I know a lil about workin on cars, but not enough to do a motor swap myself. My uncle is good friends with paul and wouldn't steer me wrong, and with my inexperience pauls was my best bet. Plus if something were to go wrong all I have to do is call paul up, verses tryin to figure it out myself, and with my stang bein my everyday car and workin 2 jobs and havin a son; I don't have time to worry about my car acting up. But thank you TWISTEDWEDGE for your input. I mean no disrepect in what I say, just that in my situation its not that simple for me to do it myself. Wish I knew how to do it all and had the time, but I don't.

331TwistedWedge
07-05-2010, 11:46 PM
like i said, next time you should make a post ... see whats out there ...

93 coupe
07-06-2010, 12:37 AM
Alldata shows 9.0hr's labor with transfer of parts. So just say $80 an hour thats what $720.00.

Must've been alot of parts also. :rolleyes:

Mavowar
07-06-2010, 08:13 AM
I own a small garage and I would have gotten 350 to 400 Then again I just gotta pay me myself and I......Pauls automotive is in line from a larger garage perspective......more overhead....etc....

Bottom line his car is fixed, he is happy.......'

I agree though post a thread here and see what you come up with....

85_SS_302_Coupe
07-06-2010, 02:46 PM
cant fault a business trying to make money, you have over head ... but i will say this, next time somebody needs an engine swap or something done, post a thread ... this is why we are on here ...

hell i would have walked you through it and let you borrow the cherry picker, engine stand or whatever else you needed ... 2 large is a 347 ...

I tell most people that if they need car work done and it's within my ability, go get me a quote in writing and i'll do it for half what they charge in labor :bigthumb

85_SS_302_Coupe
07-06-2010, 02:47 PM
Alldata shows 9.0hr's labor with transfer of parts. So just say $80 an hour thats what $720.00.

Must've been alot of parts also. :rolleyes:

Damn at $2k that rounds out to $223 an hour :eek:

Could've paid 32 Mexicans minimum wage and got that shit swapped out in 5 minutes :lol:

Walter
07-06-2010, 02:52 PM
In before the lock! :popcorn:

Steves LX
07-06-2010, 02:55 PM
Damn at $2k that rounds out to $223 an hour :eek:

Could've paid 32 Mexicans minimum wage and got that shit swapped out in 5 minutes :lol:

Now that's some funny shit there.

ibstrokin
07-06-2010, 03:10 PM
Why is everyone on this guys ass,he's happy and feels he got what he paid for.

Pitbull1052
07-06-2010, 03:11 PM

x2 :bigthumb

04 Venom
07-06-2010, 04:03 PM

Yeah. He knows what was done to his car and he is satisfied.

cstreu1026
07-06-2010, 04:11 PM

Agreed. Unless you know the list of parts and materials used its hard to say if it was too much. As long as he is happy with results and he thinks the price is fair then that should be good enough.

331TwistedWedge
07-06-2010, 08:14 PM

because this is a mustang website and 10 out of 10 people would have recommended a low mileage explorer/mountaineer motor for $500 ... i bet there is enough unemployed knowledgeable people on here that would have done the work in a day for $400-$500 ... WAY cheaper and a LOT more power ...

all i said is, it doesnt hurt to make a post ...

let me ask you this, would you have paid somebody $2000 labor? ... plus you have to come up with an engine ...

i will say this for the 3rd time ... make a post before blowing big $$$$ ... there are a lot of GOOD knowledgeable people on this website ...

im glad the guy is happy and doesnt mind paying all that money, but maybe the next guy will read this thread and make a post ...

thats all, no harm no foul ... didnt mean to ruffle anyones feathers :bigthumb

cstreu1026
07-06-2010, 08:47 PM
He didn't pay $2K for just labor. It includes parts and other materials as well.

ibstrokin
07-07-2010, 03:42 AM
because this is a mustang website and 10 out of 10 people would have recommended a low mileage explorer/mountaineer motor for $500 ... i bet there is enough unemployed knowledgeable people on here that would have done the work in a day for $400-$500 ... WAY cheaper and a LOT more power ...

all i said is, it doesnt hurt to make a post ...

let me ask you this, would you have paid somebody $2000 labor? ... plus you have to come up with an engine ...

i will say this for the 3rd time ... make a post before blowing big $$$$ ... there are a lot of GOOD knowledgeable people on this website ...

im glad the guy is happy and doesnt mind paying all that money, but maybe the next guy will read this thread and make a post ...

thats all, no harm no foul ... didnt mean to ruffle anyones feathers :bigthumb

The difference between you/I and this guy is we have skill,knowledge,tools,workspace, time, and desire to do the job ourselves. He chose to go the retail route, and pay retail prices. Garages are filled with cars that people can't fix themselves, he is no different. And since it's his daily, he probably didn't have time to research, locate and pickup other options. When your daily dies, it's never convenient, and has to be repaired quickly.

Someone else may have been able to save him money, but maybe he doesn't want a shadetree mechanic wrenching on his ride. He went to a reputable shop and got exactly what he wanted, even though it's not the path we would choose.

I just hate to see someone harassed when they are happy with their decision, and were not asking for advice or opinions, especially when the person doing the harassing has more options than the person being harassed. I know you weren't trying to harass him (maybe bad choice of words), but it seemed you ask him what he paid just to tell him it was too much.

All I'm saying is we should have a little more understanding, and a little less attacking.

04 Venom
07-07-2010, 09:34 AM
Judging by the reception the guy has gotten here, why would he post here again?

Steves LX
07-07-2010, 09:43 AM
I think Ricky asked the question of how much because he had a hunch. I wouldn't take my leaf blower to Pauls to get worked on. A good bunch of guys he has working for him but he is high dollar on everything. You have to have some deep pockets to get anything done over there. If I was in the same situation as that guy and didn't have a connection at Pauls I would go to Cincy Speed or Dayton Performance. I am just thankful that I have the mechanical knowledge, tools, and a garage to do all my own stuff with the exception of welding.

347StrokedGT
07-07-2010, 10:03 AM
thats all that matters

85_SS_302_Coupe
07-07-2010, 10:09 AM
I was only trying to make jokes. Truth is i wish i could afford a place like Paul's but i'm a broke ass and end up half assing it myself or getting my friends to half ass it with me :lol:

kennebellcobra
07-07-2010, 11:25 AM
I think Ricky asked the question of how much because he had a hunch. I wouldn't take my leaf blower to Pauls to get worked on. A good bunch of guys he has working for him but he is high dollar on everything. You have to have some deep pockets to get anything done over there. If I was in the same situation as that guy and didn't have a connection at Pauls I would go to Cincy Speed or Dayton Performance. I am just thankful that I have the mechanical knowledge, tools, and a garage to do all my own stuff with the exception of welding.

Good thing you SMTL too.:lol::lol:

347StrokedGT
07-07-2010, 11:36 AM
I was only trying to make jokes. Truth is i wish i could afford a place like Paul's but i'm a broke ass and end up half assing it myself or getting my friends to half ass it with me :lol:

I know the feeling,lol

93whitenotch
07-07-2010, 04:49 PM
Geese, all I wanted to do was thank pauls and some of you are dogging my choice? And it wasn't no 2000 for labor, it was parts included. I was happy with what pauls did, and they may cost more than one of you to do it, but I know the work is gauranteed and if something goes wrong I can take it back. Plus I don't know you and I have heard a lot of good things about pauls. So in all honesty, if you don't have nothin good to say, keep it to yourself! I made my choice, and am happy with it. And I'm not gonna sit here and let you dog pauls or my choices. And to those of you that stuck up for me, thank you

331TwistedWedge
07-07-2010, 08:08 PM
seriously?????

ok, lets get one thing straight here ... go back and find ONE post where im dogging you ... brian im NOT harassing him ... i made a post asking how much the guy paid ... i was CURIOUS! ...

YOU ARE MISSING THE POINT HERE! ... make a DAMN post and save yourself some $$$ ... if you like throwing $$$ down the drain, then dont post ... doesnt make a damn difference to me, its not my $$$ ...

AGAIN, my point was ~ make a POST to save some $$$ ... i dont have 1 post dogging the guy whatsoever ... the ugliest post i made was referring to $2000 gets you a 347 ... http://www.stangbangerz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66138

there are shops on this site, not necessarily shade tree mechanics ... the maverick guy (lance) has a shop, he just quoted the guy $350-$400 ... bet some businesses are slow on here and would have took that job for half that price ...

next time i will say, "how much did you pay" ... then maybe i should have said, "great deal guy". :bigthumb a big thumbs up for getting killed ...

my bad for steering somebody is the right direction ... i didnt see anyone else trying to help him ... i dont care if you guys think im an ass or what, i see somebody getting killed, i will try to help ...

keep the shitty comments coming, i could give a shit less ...

WHYTRY
07-07-2010, 08:16 PM
who gives a fuck?? someguy just asked a question..the guys happy with the work they did. an wanted to put out a good word for a company.. big deal.. wtf is with everyone an the drama i think its in the water around here.

Metcalf Racing
07-07-2010, 09:20 PM
seriously?????

ok, lets get one thing straight here ... go back and find ONE post where im dogging you ... brian im NOT harassing him ... i made a post asking how much the guy paid ... i was CURIOUS! ...

YOU ARE MISSING THE POINT HERE! ... make a DAMN post and save yourself some $$$ ... if you like throwing $$$ down the drain, then dont post ... doesnt make a damn difference to me, its not my $$$ ...

AGAIN, my point was ~ make a POST to save some $$$ ... i dont have 1 post dogging the guy whatsoever ... the ugliest post i made was referring to $2000 gets you a 347 ... http://www.stangbangerz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66138

there are shops on this site, not necessarily shade tree mechanics ... the maverick guy (lance) has a shop, he just quoted the guy $350-$400 ... bet some businesses are slow on here and would have took that job for half that price ...

next time i will say, "how much did you pay" ... then maybe i should have said, "great deal guy". :bigthumb a big thumbs up for getting killed ...

my bad for steering somebody is the right direction ... i didnt see anyone else trying to help him ... i dont care if you guys think im an ass or what, i see somebody getting killed, i will try to help ...

keep the shitty comments coming, i could give a shit less ...

I'd love to jump in here Ricky and have your back but at the risk of being banned because my car is about to come back out and make the top 5 on the dd I'm going to have to continue watching from the side lines. As of now your doing a great job. If you need help you know I've got your back. Remember to tell them to suck your balls. Lol :)

93whitenotch
07-07-2010, 09:36 PM
Dude, the only thing I said directed toward you is that I didn't pay 2000 for labor. The rest is directed to the ones who dogged pauls and anyone sayin something about me payin too much.

Metcalf Racing
07-07-2010, 09:40 PM
What did you buy for the 2gs. Maybe that will help shed some light on the subject?

Walter
07-07-2010, 09:45 PM
I'd love to jump in here Ricky and have your back but at the risk of being banned because my car is about to come back out and make the top 5 on the dd I'm going to have to continue watching from the side lines. As of now your doing a great job. If you need help you know I've got your back. Remember to tell them to suck your balls. Lol :)

Whats the combo? :lol:

93whitenotch
07-07-2010, 09:45 PM
Ok, here goes. New timing chain, timing cover gasket, intake gasket set, water pump bolts, pilot bearing, water pump, spark plugs, bypass hose, molded coolant hose, timing cover, trans fluid, oil filter, oil, and they had to switch the pulley system from my old motor to the new one, and r an r'd the motor, and installed it

Metcalf Racing
07-07-2010, 09:48 PM
Ok, here goes. New timing chain, timing cover gasket, intake gasket set, water pump bolts, pilot bearing, water pump, spark plugs, bypass hose, molded coolant hose, timing cover, trans fluid, oil filter, oil, and they had to switch the pulley system from my old motor to the new one, and r an r'd the motor, and installed itgotcha. So you'd say $300 in parts?

Metcalf Racing
07-07-2010, 09:49 PM
Whats the combo? :lol:oooooh. Good question

mustang8998
07-07-2010, 10:03 PM
oooooh. Good question

Paul's is doing it! :cool2:

Metcalf Racing
07-07-2010, 10:10 PM
I'd let them if they wanted to try to build a fast car

plated
07-07-2010, 10:25 PM
I'd let them if they wanted to try to build a fast car
got to be better looking than that ugly ass white peice of shit you bought :flipoff: looks like i got the move on ya:eek:

Metcalf Racing
07-07-2010, 10:41 PM
I'd say you just might

plated
07-07-2010, 10:52 PM
I'd say you just might
hell i thought you were BANNED anyway? u need to get a banned bumper sticker lol..you ever seen a minnie tubbed mustang with space savers on the rear that shit's funny looking

Metcalf Racing
07-07-2010, 11:34 PM
Lmao. Nope but I'd say that is a site

stocknotch
07-08-2010, 12:17 AM
ROTFLMAO!!! Sounds like someone has junk!!

stocknotch
07-08-2010, 12:21 AM
Ok, here goes. New timing chain, timing cover gasket, intake gasket set, water pump bolts, pilot bearing, water pump, spark plugs, bypass hose, molded coolant hose, timing cover, trans fluid, oil filter, oil, and they had to switch the pulley system from my old motor to the new one, and r an r'd the motor, and installed it

You should pay them their 8-900 to tune it too. Maybe since you know someone thats knows them maybe they can can tune more horsepower into yours and not tune it out like the majority of the cars they tune, lol.

Metcalf Racing
07-08-2010, 01:09 AM
Ahh I won't go for that. I herd the have some fast stuff that rolls out of their doors

Metcalf Racing
07-08-2010, 01:25 AM
ROTFLMAO!!! Sounds like someone has junk!!
Is he working on yours?

stocknotch
07-08-2010, 04:23 AM
Is he working on yours?

Wanna race?? Thats what I thought...

Mavowar
07-08-2010, 08:02 AM
Just for the record I aint no shade tree mechanic......:flipoff:

not unless you consider 17 years of service with ASE certs BACKYARD:lol:

I know my garage makesmelooka lil shadetreeish since it aint big......but it works and people save money since I do not have to pay 40 employees etc...

and I never said one badword about pauls' automotive. :angel: