PDA

View Full Version : lil help

cobradon
07-06-2010, 02:31 PM
Have problems with car once it get warm it wants to miss a little.Someone told me it could be the msd box?Any suggestions?

facemelter71
07-06-2010, 04:19 PM
Car info and Mods that are currently done to car would help a little.

Metcalf Racing
07-06-2010, 04:34 PM
I'd change the plug wires. They can be new and still be bad

cobradon
07-06-2010, 06:57 PM
302, p heads, mild cam, victor junior intake, holley 4 barrel carb, msd distributor, msd wires
Car info and Mods that are currently done to car would help a little.

cobradon
07-06-2010, 07:01 PM
The wires are new i had to make them i check everyone with ohm meter that's what i thought did the same thing with old wires
I'd change the plug wires. They can be new and still be bad

Steves LX
07-06-2010, 11:54 PM
Hey Don then other thing I would check are your plugs. I chased a bad spark plug for hours on end for a whole weekend a few years back. It was cracked and you couldn't see it without a magnifying glass. The car would run great and once it got warm and you would get above 4500 rpms it would start missing. I had those plugs out and looked them over a few times. I decided to just buy a new set and problem solved. So I took the old ones and loooked at them with a magnifying glass and sure as sh!t # 7 was cever so slightly cracked

cobradon
07-07-2010, 10:45 PM
Hey Don then other thing I would check are your plugs. I chased a bad spark plug for hours on end for a whole weekend a few years back. It was cracked and you couldn't see it without a magnifying glass. The car would run great and once it got warm and you would get above 4500 rpms it would start missing. I had those plugs out and looked them over a few times. I decided to just buy a new set and problem solved. So I took the old ones and loooked at them with a magnifying glass and sure as sh!t # 7 was cever so slightly cracked

thanks Smitty i'll try that next