PDA

View Full Version : Nitrous nozzle question.

facemelter71
07-27-2010, 05:00 PM
I have one of two options.

Put this Shark nozzle in the CAI tube,or buy an adapter to put it into a Vacuum port into the side of the intake. There is a port on both sides of the intake as the pic shows. How well will this CORRECTLY feed each cylinder. Is it better to have it in front of the TB or into the side of the intake?

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2008-1/1296889/edelbrock%20intake.jpg

Jeff88coupe
07-27-2010, 06:40 PM
PM NXcoupe...he's got alot of experience with wet single nozzle placement from his R/S nitrous combo.

facemelter71
07-28-2010, 10:09 AM
I wonder if he is back in the State's and I can just call him.Any one know if he is in town,or in the big sand box?

NXcoupe
07-28-2010, 11:33 AM
The farther from the throttle body the better on larger shots. I have holes all up and down my powerpipe from testing placement. If you are running a wet shot and keeping it below 150, about 6 to 8" from the throttle blade itself, not the opening of the tb, but the butterfly, and that should net some good results. Inside the intake like that spells melted plugs or worse. It works for a while sometimes, but most times it kicks you in the nuts first time out.
Run a little extra fuel than what they recommend for the fuel jet. Go one or two sizes higher to start off with, then come down from there.
Any other questions, pm me or pm a daytime number and I'll call you from over here. Hope this helps ya.

facemelter71
07-28-2010, 11:43 AM
I had started a PM to you about this.Ill send you that PM with my Phone number And if I ever have any questions regarding this ill PM you.

As of right now I have a NX wet kit with the soon to be Shark Nozzle.Probly be trying all the jet's from 50 to 150.Im going to try to keep it under 150. I kinda thought that it would be to close to the goods in the intake Manifold. I need the small little adapter to put the Nozzle in the Intake tube,so Ill have to get that kinda soon.

Thanks for the info Mike.