PDA

View Full Version : Here is YOUR chance to learn!

Black Horse
08-05-2010, 09:30 PM
The SVT Cobra Club and the Track Club USA is once again having an open track driving event in September (17-19). If you have ever wanted to get some track time, learn to drive on a road course this is a GREAT opportunity.

September 17-19 at Gingerman Raceway (South Haven, Michigan) - this is one of the safest, yet friendliest tracks to learn to drive yet still a challenge to experienced drivers. I can guarantee you'll get more track time that with nearly any other club, up to the point you'll be flat wore out.

Run groups are broken up by experience level so you can learn at your own pace. Personal instructors and classroom sessions are available and recommended.

Cost is quite reasonable for the amount of track time you get:
$365 for Saturday and Sunday
$200 for either Saturday or Sunday only
$80 for half day on Friday

If you are a member of SCMC or TCUSA and register before September 1st you can save $40 on the two-day cost.

I have a soft place in my heart for the SCMC - it was with them I did my very first open track event. The level of instruction was top notch and I was able to learn at my own pace.

There are other activities scheduled as well (Car show) and the South Haven Michigan area has a beautiful lake-front area, light house, great eating and quaint shopping. Definately a weekend the whole family can enjoy!

Don't miss out on this one, registration is limited so that the track time is maximized. I'll be there if anyone needs a hand.

For more infomation go to: www.SVTCobraClub.com click on the events area.
Or give me a shout and I can tell you more about it.

See you there...life is too short to just travel 1/4 mile at a time!

And you don't need any specially prepared road race car. Bring your family crusier, daily driver, whatever. You'll have to make sure it techs for safety (and I would recommend decent brake pads and a fresh fluid change). You'll need a helmet too.

I look forward to this one every year - fun track, fun people, great times.

85_SS_302_Coupe
08-10-2010, 11:05 PM
Damn Dave i'd love to hit this up...i just don't have the funds/time/means to make it happen.

Funny enough i've been talking to some guys who road race Festivas...one guy i talked to has one that's fully caged and runs a Mazda 323 engine and full slicks, and this thing eats corners like nobody's business. He posted videos of him taking Porsches on the inside like they were sitting still. Of course, i'm sure he gets it handed to him in the straights but on a small track it could be seriously fun.

Black Horse
08-16-2010, 04:50 PM
Yeah, Gingerman would be one of those tracks! Its hard to let the big dogs eat there.

Black Horse
09-02-2010, 10:54 AM
This event is a couple of weeks away - to be honest the turnout won't be great - the good news is that it means you get even MORE track time!

Its a great track and a well run event. Don't miss this chance - you know you want to be there!