PDA

View Full Version : Still looking for a job

PONYGRL
08-14-2010, 11:53 PM
I know I have posted before, but figured it wouldnt hurt to ask again.

Does anyone know of anywhere in the area hiring? We are now near Terre Haute, IN because Chris got a great job here and there are no jobs here for me, or jobs period.... I applied at a few places in Cincinnati this week and have only heard back about one.

I will be moving back home if I can find a job there, so if anyone knows of anything I would greatly appreciate the help... looking for something in sales, administrative, etc.

Thanks.

87stangbbb
08-14-2010, 11:59 PM
did you try craigslist?

PONYGRL
08-15-2010, 12:08 AM
I've looked and messaged people a few times on craigslist.... and 95% of the time when I email someone it ends up being spam. I have tried tons of other online sources and not much luck.

Gearhead
08-15-2010, 01:14 PM
Here's a few where I work, located in Northern Ky:

http://www.fidelity-jobs.com/job/Covington-Customer-Service-Associate-Defined-Contribution-401K-(Full-time)-Job-KY-41011/887881/?utm_source=j2wmap

http://www.fidelity-jobs.com/job/Covington-Customer-Service-Associate-Defined-Contribution-401k-(Part-Time)-Job-KY-41011/880137/?utm_source=j2wmap

http://www.fidelity-jobs.com/job/Financial-Representative-Job/698176/?utm_source=j2wmap

These are more entry level type jobs, but the pay is ok. You can PM me if you want more details......

Pitbull1052
08-16-2010, 11:02 AM
I lived in Terre Haute for 6 years not that long ago for real get out now!!!!!!!!!! nothing but Meth and the people who do it.........

DSSKing68
08-16-2010, 01:45 PM
What is your experience? Degree?

I thought you guys just got a house in NKY??

PONYGRL
08-18-2010, 06:55 PM
Where we are is 1000 x's worse than Terre Haute. Terre Haute looked like Las Vegas compared to here. We are an hr away and there is nothing, only a few fast food places and a Walmart. The whole city is surrounded by corn fields. There are no jobs here period.

I am enrolled in my last class for me to have my Bachelor's, although my classes required for my Communication Studies major and Marketing minor are already finished. I walked during the ceremony and commencement already, I am just finishing the one class I was short.

I had a job for the Census Bureau for a few months as an enumerator, which I really enjoyed. Before that, I worked at Great American Insurance Company downtown for over 4 years as an Intern. I lost my job due to work reduction in the department and I was the only part-time employee, so I was the first to go. There, I worked in the Underwriting Department but also worked on projects for Product Management. At GAIC, I was the "go-to" person for a lot of things. I did a lot of administrative work using Microsoft Office and other internal programs. I ran reports, created spreadsheets, managed inventory for marketing materials and distributed it to agents/offices, did a lot of research of organizations to ensure proper coverage.

I had an interview today at Great American and am hoping to get the position, but will not know until next week. They had a lot of people to interview so I am still actively looking...

I have excellent verbal and written communication skills and every job I have had since I was 16 has been working with other people and ensuring customer satisfaction in some way, so I have a lot of experience in that area.

Thanks guys.

Gearhead-I will definitely look into the Fidelity positions after I see how things pan out next week, thanks.

PONYGRL
08-26-2010, 08:54 PM
One wk later and still jobless... still waiting to hear back... and searching with not much other luck.

motox159
08-26-2010, 10:06 PM
Any interest in selling insurance? My brother has a branch on York Street (i believe, by the Liberty Bell) in Newport KY. My sister was going to work for him and she backed out...because she is a bum. Would be more than glad to ask or offer you a number.

holeshot
08-27-2010, 07:57 AM
My sister lives in Terre Haute. I can ask her if the place she is working is hiring. She is trying to GTFO of that town though.

INSANEBA
08-27-2010, 01:42 PM
Good luck on the hunt, I looked for almost 2 years before I got lucky and got one. Times are tough right now, even the fast food joints are hard to get into...

85_SS_302_Coupe
08-27-2010, 04:38 PM
My GF has a friend who just got out of college, i'm not sure what field she went in for. She can't find a job, and now even McDonalds won't hire her because they told her she's over qualified. She can't find a job doing what she went to school for, and now the entry level jobs won't hire her because she's too qualified. How's that for getting it from both ends?

Cincyguy911
08-29-2010, 05:35 PM
Dont know what you are looking for but I am looking for additional people to become Independent Coaches with Beachbody. We are the creators of fitness programs like P90X, Insanity, Chalean Extreme. We also offer equipment and supplements. Visit my site at http://www.Beachbodycoach.com/shane513then click on become a coach. There is a video that describes the opportunity. You can also email me with any questions. The earning potential is unlimited and you get a 25% discount on all products!:bigthumb

PaulFiveOh
08-29-2010, 06:19 PM
Suck it up and work at Walmart or a fastfood joint.

Walter
08-29-2010, 06:23 PM
Dont know what you are looking for but I am looking for additional people to become Independent Coaches with Beachbody. We are the creators of fitness programs like P90X, Insanity, Chalean Extreme. We also offer equipment and supplements. Visit my site at http://www.Beachbodycoach.com/shane513then click on become a coach. There is a video that describes the opportunity. You can also email me with any questions. The earning potential is unlimited and you get a 25% discount on all products!:bigthumb

Sounds like a pyramid scheme. :lol:

PaulFiveOh
08-29-2010, 06:26 PM
LOL @ "The Earning Potential is unlimited!!!!!one!!!!!!!juan!!!!!!!!111" and "WE" are the creators of P90x. hahahahaah, no, you got scammed into selling exercise gear.

Cincyguy911
08-29-2010, 07:46 PM
I make on average an extra 1k. a month working about 10hrs a week so I can't complain. As far as the pyramid comment take a look at any corporation in America and do a tree of the corporate structure very similar. It may not be for everyone but for those who are motivated it works.

PaulFiveOh
08-29-2010, 08:20 PM
Yea but in all fairness, like...it's easy for you cause tore up and in shape. What about alcoholics who play COD all night? What "system" do you have for us?

Gearhead
08-29-2010, 08:31 PM
One wk later and still jobless... still waiting to hear back... and searching with not much other luck.

Did you check out the links I posted ??

PONYGRL
08-30-2010, 09:38 PM
holeshot-we were an hr from Terre Haute, and I am now back home in KY... for good. But I appreciate you trying to help me out.

gearhead-pm sent.

cincyguy911-so how exactly do you make your money? I dont think it is something I would be interested in...but curious. I should be fat....but I am not (thanks to my never changing metabolism) ... and dont think I would be the best role model for getting in shape.

I have a night class so I am just going to stay here. It'd be stupid to drive back and forth every week because it is so far, plus I am hoping to find something.

85 ss 302 coupe-I have heard tons of stories like that. Not only about college grads, but older adults with tons of experience and education.... It's driving me crazy now, I cant imagine being 40 and having to go through this.

Hopefully times get better.

Gene
08-30-2010, 11:32 PM
As far as the pyramid comment take a look at any corporation in America and do a tree of the corporate structure very similar. It may not be for everyone but for those who are motivated it works.

That's the classic explanation from any pyramid organization. :lol: