PDA

View Full Version : Funny event.....stupid honda racers....lololol

Blackout
08-19-2010, 02:50 AM
I was on my way to my fathers and its a little over 20 miles so I figured that it's a great opportunity to break in my new shortblock. Well I was only about a half way and had this little turbo I think I'm a racer ricer catches up to me and started popping his Blow Off Valve.....so I did the same :) It was a classic case of ohhh shit in his eyes and then he just waves and slows down. Guess he changed his mind. And the funniest thing is, is that I wasn't going to get on my car yet because I am still breaking it in. But the intimidation was classic.....!

motox159
08-19-2010, 03:20 AM
Priceless!!!

Mista Bone
08-19-2010, 03:49 AM
I've been on both sides of that issue.

But if not for Hondas playing with turbos after seeing what the Buicks and DSM's could do, would anyone have ever bothered with twins on a V8 for cheap power?

No drag when cruising, can still tune for mpg, but squeeze on the pedal and hang on!

I LOVE the vids of Mustangs at 300-400 feet pull the fronts up as boost is pouring on. Turbos on V8's put a hurting on the supercharger companies!

85_SS_302_Coupe
08-19-2010, 09:48 AM
That's awesome especially if your car looks stock like it does in your avatar.

My only good story like this is, once when i was real young one of my buddy's older brothers had this '79 Z28..a little built but nothing crazy. We were cruising down 32 when out of nowhere comes this crazy lime green Gremlin...tubbed with a huge blower sticking out of the hood. He came up next to us and dropped the hammer and it was sick. I never saw that car again.

Blackout
08-19-2010, 11:07 AM
it was just funny, it made me laugh for the next several miles.

yes, my car is completely stock looking. :)

9cobra4
08-19-2010, 12:19 PM
I've been on both sides of that issue.

But if not for Hondas playing with turbos after seeing what the Buicks and DSM's could do, would anyone have ever bothered with twins on a V8 for cheap power?

No drag when cruising, can still tune for mpg, but squeeze on the pedal and hang on!

I LOVE the vids of Mustangs at 300-400 feet pull the fronts up as boost is pouring on. Turbos on V8's put a hurting on the supercharger companies!

It is fun watching turbo cars getting the power put to them around the '330 mark, BUT i've already argued this with you, Honda's didn't start the turbo craze. There were turbo mustangs in '86, granted they were 4 cylinders, but they had the right idea. Remember the GTA?

347sc
08-19-2010, 12:25 PM
!

Wow. Did you seriously ask that? You think the Honda's were the first broke dick ever to do a Turbo set up and the the mustangs guys copied it? People Have pulling turbos off diesels and strapping them on small blocks way before the first set of altezza taillights hit the market. Its called hot rodding and it wasn't invented on a Honda.

347sc
08-19-2010, 12:27 PM
Ford turboed 79 mustangs,then you had 84-86 SVO

mystichris@MD
08-19-2010, 12:40 PM
I was on my way to my fathers and its a little over 20 miles so I figured that it's a great opportunity to break in my new shortblock. Well I was only about a half way and had this little turbo I think I'm a racer ricer catches up to me and started popping his Blow Off Valve.....so I did the same :) It was a classic case of ohhh shit in his eyes and then he just waves and slows down. Guess he changed his mind. And the funniest thing is, is that I wasn't going to get on my car yet because I am still breaking it in. But the intimidation was classic.....!.

ROFLMAO. He probably beat up on some stock/mildy modded GTs before and thought he was hot shit and then thought you would be an easy target, but after he heard your BOV he knew he would get slaughtered. LOL

Pitbull1052
08-19-2010, 12:50 PM
The first turbocharged diesel truck was produced by the "Schweizer Maschinenfabrik Saurer" (Swiss Machine Works Saurer) in 1938.

The first production turbocharged automobile engines came from General Motors in 1962. The Y-body Oldsmobile Cutlass Jetfire was fitted with a Garrett AiResearch turbocharger and the Chevrolet Corvair Monza Spyder with a TRW turbocharger. Porsche in 1974 at the Paris Auto Show during the height of the oil crisis, presents the 911Turbo – the world’s first production sports car with exhaust turbocharger and pressure regulator. This was made possible by the introduction of a wastegate to relieve excess pressure. The world's first production turbo diesel automobiles were the Garrett turbocharged Mercedes 300SD and the Peugeot 604, both introduced in 1978.

9cobra4
08-19-2010, 01:00 PM
Wikipedia ftw. :lol:

Pitbull1052
08-19-2010, 01:15 PM
wiki is the shizzzz I know there were some earlier cars that had turbo's but they werent production, like a few Cords maybe some other custom coach cars too...

9cobra4
08-19-2010, 01:36 PM
That shit didn't work on CSS, and it definitely won't work on here, Bone. You could dream about your 13hp 750mpg civics starting the turbo fad, but it just didn't happen.

facemelter71
08-19-2010, 02:48 PM
Yea I read that line of Bullshit over on CSS also.

Was kinda wondering how he thinks this shit up.

PaulFiveOh
08-19-2010, 04:29 PM
I bet it was Kemp...

Gearhead
08-19-2010, 04:40 PM
You could dream about your 13hp 750mpg civics starting the turbo fad, but it just didn't happen.

:lol::lol::bigthumb:bigthumb

BIGHONKEY
08-19-2010, 05:02 PM
You shut down a ricer by using a ricer move. Kinda like fighting fire with fire. lol

facemelter71
08-19-2010, 05:30 PM
I bet it was Kemp...

Out of curiousity,why were you Perma-banned over there?

PaulFiveOh
08-19-2010, 05:36 PM
Out of curiousity,why were you Perma-banned over there?

It's not a public matter but....let's just say I earned it.

A little computer hacking mixed with some real, real, bad blood.

The end result was that I seriously upset the balance of power lol and lost some friends and made some better ones.

But hey, Fox & Hound has some damn good beer, so I guess it was worth it?

Blackout
08-19-2010, 06:33 PM
You shut down a ricer by using a ricer move. Kinda like fighting fire with fire. lol

yeah it had to be the funniest thing I have seen and done for a while. It was one of those Priceless moments..:D

inferno50
08-19-2010, 08:59 PM
Some of those turbo hondas will hand you your ass if your not careful. Anyone on here know ben howsley .

9cobra4
08-19-2010, 09:28 PM
Some of those turbo hondas will hand you your ass if your not careful. Anyone on here know ben howsley .

This is true, for the turbo honda's that are done right. There's about 1 in 15 honda's built/boosted right. There's so many cheap turbo kits for the b/d series honda's it makes for an easy way to have a turbo civic making a whopping 180 whp cause they bought the 1000 dollar kit off ebay.

Blackout
08-19-2010, 09:33 PM
it's not the fact the car was probably slow..... it was the guys facial expression when my BOV released:) I couldn't make the expression if I tried. lol

Mista Bone
08-20-2010, 12:02 AM
This is true, for the turbo honda's that are done right. There's about 1 in 15 honda's built/boosted right. There's so many cheap turbo kits for the b/d series honda's it makes for an easy way to have a turbo civic making a whopping 180 whp cause they bought the 1000 dollar kit off ebay.

Same cheap kit on Vitara's and FJT rods will do 300+ whp. Proper upgrades and 500+ is doable. But traction with WWD lacks, why have all that power if you can never use it?

Oh wait, bench wars about dyno numbers.

But as I stated, DIY turboing started the biggest with the Honda crowd. yes I know about the SVO's, which is what I wanted in '86 but settled for a EXP Sport Coupe. A cherry SVO with todays knowledge would be off the chart!