PDA

View Full Version : Schools closing early due to heat

cstreu1026
08-20-2010, 09:46 AM
Seriously? My high school when I was a freshman and sophmore didn't have AC in half the building. No one dropped from heat exhaustion and no one died from heat stroke. Today's kids need to toughen the fuck up!

Mista Bone
08-20-2010, 09:59 AM
Ac in school?????

I did 13 years without it! Last two years I was in HVAC class, you'd think we would have rigged up some AC....NOPE!

85_SS_302_Coupe
08-20-2010, 10:13 AM
I don't recall ever having AC. We opened the windows and everyone fanned themselves with a folder.

Gene
08-20-2010, 12:57 PM
It's not the school's fault...it's stupid, whiny parents who are afraid their coddled "little darlings" might break a sweat. These are the same parents who let their kids wait in the car at the bus stop on a cold morning. The school just doesn't want to listen to those parents bitch.

2Kblacksleeper
08-20-2010, 03:17 PM
My senior year 99. Was the 1st time to have AC in school. It was only in the new wing. So a whopping 2 classes had it for me.

John

mwaller5672
08-20-2010, 04:40 PM
I graduated in 1972 and we had AC in the high school. When they built the school they didn't put windows in that opened so if the ac went out you cooked. Wow 1972. Somebody is getting old.

Mista Bone
08-20-2010, 04:46 PM
Mom taught at Ross HS for nearly 30 years, no AC.

Some days you didn't wanna open the windows....as there was a farm right across the street.

Either be hot or choke on the smell of cow shit????

HRSEPWR
08-20-2010, 05:49 PM
Mom taught at Ross HS for nearly 30 years, no AC.

Some days you didn't wanna open the windows....as there was a farm right across the street.

Either be hot or choke on the smell of cow shit????

Ha ha, no ac and cow shit, I remember that. I graduated from Ross so I know what ya mean. Graduated in 97, probably had her for a teacher. What was the name if you don't mind me asking?

Mista Bone
08-20-2010, 06:31 PM
You would have still been going to Elda when she retired from teaching.

She did yearbook until 1994 I believe, you are on page 50 :)

BigBadStang
08-22-2010, 10:58 PM
Thank a lawyer.

Blackout
08-22-2010, 11:23 PM
what kills me is that the schools want to pass a levy to install a/c and get raises and 3 years later want to pass another to tear down that school and build a new one and do it all over again. It's all a scam if you ask me.

I live here in Franklin and there wanting to pass a levi that will raise my monthly house payment $50 a month. I just simply asked them to contact my work and tell them I need a $50 a month raise. They just looked at me like I was stupid. but fact is that they are wanting money to do things and the economy just doesn't support that right now.

Squale iii
08-22-2010, 11:27 PM
what kills me is that the schools want to pass a levy to install a/c and get raises and 3 years later want to pass another to tear down that school and build a new one and do it all over again. It's all a scam if you ask me.

I live here in Franklin and there wanting to pass a levi that will raise my monthly house payment $50 a month. I just simply asked them to contact my work and tell them I need a $50 a month raise. They just looked at me like I was stupid. but fact is that they are wanting money to do things and the economy just doesn't support that right now.

Shit at least u had a choice it sounds like. Mine went up $50 in west carrollton 2 years ago, and the year after it went up $15. So $65 in two years may not sound like alot...but that's a phone bill every month.

Blackout
08-23-2010, 02:25 AM
well we have to vote this Nov. on it. Everyone is like "its for the kids", but its like they think that $50-70 bucks no one will notice. I am on disability right now for my 2 knee surgeries and my paycheck sucks! These schools will suck you dry if you let them and it doesnt matter if people have the money or not! I pissed off a set of teachers who were handing out flyers when I said that every one should just home school! I figure if there isnt any kids in the schools whats the point in building new ones. I could rant on this topic forever so I am going to shut up now..