PDA

View Full Version : Any Chrysler techs here?

89notch
09-07-2010, 03:17 PM
A friend at work has a 2008 Jeep Liberty Sport. The jeep has the uconnect bluetooth button on the dash but the dealership is saying it costs 200 to install the software. they want to charge them 200 to "program" it. Are they trying to get one over on them? Just wondering if this is something I can do for them.
They just want to use the bluetooth phone feature they thought this Jeep had.

8banger
09-07-2010, 03:57 PM
I called a freind up at Zimmer Chrysler(was chrysler), RC service manager and he said it may have the button but thats all.If you push it and it does nothing,they will install a blue tooth package,antenna,module and program it. he also said 200.00 sounded about right from what he remembered.

89notch
09-07-2010, 04:03 PM
I called a freind up at Zimmer Chrysler(was chrysler), RC service manager and he said it may have the button but thats all.If you push it and it does nothing,they will install a blue tooth package,antenna,module and program it. he also said 200.00 sounded about right from what he remembered.

Ok I will check it out and see what it does. Thanks

8banger
09-07-2010, 06:12 PM
Np. Odd they would install a Button only in hopes the customer would buy the install kit at a later date. But RC did say most come with a button only.Unless you buy it new and have it installed before you pick it up.

facemelter71
09-10-2010, 12:15 PM
Sounds normal. Happens all day long here at work. Having to install moduls for Sirius radio in 2 2010 S-80's.
They are prepped from the factory for sirius,but we have to install the module and do a software download to get the car to recognize the module.