PDA

View Full Version : 03-04 Cobra

GT05MUSTANG
09-13-2010, 10:00 PM
Guy pulled up behind me getting off 75. When i caught back up to him i tried to tell him nice car, for him to just act like i wasn't there. What the @%&$. Anyone else every get pissed about this?

cobraman302
09-13-2010, 10:19 PM
Yeah I can't stand when people are too hardass to say hey and wave back. Not a true Mustang fanatic...

Blackout
09-13-2010, 11:29 PM
He was probably afraid you were wanting to race. I have been having to turn down races lately just because my car isn't tuned yet. Man, I can't wait. :)

9cobra4
09-14-2010, 01:26 AM
I don't see myself getting mad because a complete stranger didn't wave at me on the highway. Some guys aren't like us stangbangerz, that could've been a friends car or something. Or he could just bought the car cause he thought it looked cool and not realized how much of a following they have.

bestracing
09-14-2010, 11:26 AM
....he could just bought the car cause he thought it looked cool and not realized how much of a following they have.

You see that a lot with any performance vehicle

Kevin1989
09-14-2010, 06:32 PM
I have been having to turn down races lately just because my car isn't tuned yet. Man, I can't wait. :)

its better to do that than have to call someone an idiot cause they wanna race down some crowded road in an ion

GT05MUSTANG
09-14-2010, 10:29 PM
Well there wasn't going to be any racing, one i have my respect for cars with more power and I don't need any trouble considering i need my cdl's for work. I just simple wanted to say, "Hey nice car."

NXcoupe
09-15-2010, 12:19 AM
Yeah, it was a nice thing you intended to do, his loss. I used to get the thumbs up from people all the time in my vert, and piped by the hondas. I remember Mike and I driving to skyline one day and some idiot in a turbo honda wanted to see if my plate was for real. All he saw was me wayyyyy down the road turning into skyline. lol. You have a sweet GT btw.

skeptiq
09-15-2010, 05:28 PM
I have noticed there is a difference between a Mustang enthusiest and someone who drives a Mustang. An enthusiest will wave back. Every now and then I miss a wave, but I am always waving to fellow stangs and maybe get waved back at a third of the time.

Ben

9cobra4
09-15-2010, 06:09 PM
I have noticed there is a difference between a Mustang enthusiest and someone who drives a Mustang. An enthusiest will wave back. Every now and then I miss a wave, but I am always waving to fellow stangs and maybe get waved back at a third of the time.

Ben

Very true, I've talked to some mustang guys before and have asked them about mods, and they look at me like I'm asking them to break the law, or it's an older guy with a 215hp 2v that's way too satisfied with a 15 second car, those are the ones that say things like "I can't keep the tires from spinning now, why would I want it any faster?" Or "it's fast enough, I'm afraid of getting tickets now, no need to increase the power" as they hop in their stock 2v automatic and drive on. Haha

redfirepearlgt
09-15-2010, 11:23 PM
Arrogance ARGH!!!! Can't stand it!!!! There is no room for it in my world.

djom1cincy
09-16-2010, 08:49 AM
That's me. Total dick to others with my slow cobra because its better than EVERY other car on the road. Just ask chad.

GT05MUSTANG
09-16-2010, 10:17 AM
Sorry about the title not trying to offend anyone, was going to post it in spotted and thought it best to post it here. Forgot to change the title.Sorry to anyone.

djom1cincy
09-16-2010, 11:41 AM
I'm just being a smart ass. I wave at people all the time. Some wave back and some look at me all stupid. They usually get the bird.

cobraman302
09-16-2010, 11:58 AM
I'm just being a smart ass. I wave at people all the time. Some wave back and some look at me all stupid. They usually get the bird.

Ah I wouldn't wave back to you either....just kidding pal. :wave:

You get any items checked off on your list yet?

redfirepearlgt
09-16-2010, 01:37 PM
That's me. Total dick to others with my slow cobra because its better than EVERY other car on the road. Just ask chad.

Tell me about it!! Just let a guy own a fricking terminator and then have a new born boy and he thinks he's too good to hang out any more!! What's more IF he shows up he leaves the rugrat at home for fear we peasants who only drive GT's may tarnish the silver spoon in this newborn's mouth! Man what a combination. New dad and owner of a terminator. That's worse than the attitude of a 55 year old owner of a 1967 corvette!!! HA!!!!!! HA!!!!!! HA!!!!!!! Back at ya Dan. When are you going to get back into circulation and bring that kid out?

03svt
10-11-2010, 06:22 PM
I hope it was not a redfire vert with temp tags cuz then it could have been me . If it was me it was not an intentional dis. I usually pay pretty close attention to all the other cars around cuz I see a lot of sweet rides out there. But if you asked to race I would deny the fun and let you know my $h!ł is too slow and usually I have my kids with me and the top down.

Jake
10-11-2010, 08:03 PM
i wave, nod, and rev my engine. but just like others have said. sometimes you just flat out dont see someone, or realize the gesture.

97dustang
10-11-2010, 08:49 PM
03svt, you get the redfire vert that was at preffered?

03svt
10-11-2010, 09:30 PM
No didn't see that one when I was looking got mine down around Louisville

marauder
10-12-2010, 12:48 AM
I had a badass older SS Camaro pull up beside me at a redlight yesterday, and the same damn thing happened. I literally turn my radio off to listen to this thing run, considering he made it a fucking point to rev at me (he's in a turn left, i'm in a go straight lane...)

Anyway, I was very impressed with his car...it cammed hard and may have been blown judging by the whine when he drove off. The lady in the passenger seat had a pretentious laughter and I guess was making a joke about my stang because she would look at it but not me. At any rate, I appreciate all muscle and just kept eye contact and gave a thumbs up to the back of their heads before the light turned, coudl've cared less what they thought of my run of the mill Mustang GT, that car was badass. Anyway, beautiful car, complete dick of an owner.

03svt
10-12-2010, 01:13 AM
Maybe she was dreaming of being in the stang and laughing just to stoke her dudes ego cuz she got caught? Things that make you go. Hmmm :o

redfirepearlgt
10-12-2010, 01:38 AM
I had a badass older SS Camaro pull up beside me at a redlight yesterday, and the same damn thing happened. I literally turn my radio off to listen to this thing run, considering he made it a fucking point to rev at me (he's in a turn left, i'm in a go straight lane...)

Anyway, I was very impressed with his car...it cammed hard and may have been blown judging by the whine when he drove off. The lady in the passenger seat had a pretentious laughter and I guess was making a joke about my stang because she would look at it but not me. At any rate, I appreciate all muscle and just kept eye contact and gave a thumbs up to the back of their heads before the light turned, coudl've cared less what they thought of my run of the mill Mustang GT, that car was badass. Anyway, beautiful car, complete dick of an owner.

Maybe she was dreaming of being in the stang and laughing just to stoke her dudes ego cuz she got caught? Things that make you go. Hmmm :o

Sounds as if they were "peas in a pod". Both may have been compensating for something or lack thereof so to speak. Classic case of elitism IMO. The sound may very likely have been time gears in lieu of a timing chain. The older hotrodders love to run them because of their distinct sound that can be mistaken for a super charger. Some (who don't like them) will say they even sound like a power steering pump going low on fluid. Personally I like the sound of the timing gear setup matched with a good cam.

9cobra4
10-12-2010, 02:17 AM
How much older of a Camaro are you talking about? I don't see a ltx or lsx guy putting a gear drive type timing chain on their car, not saying it's for sure not, I just think it's very unlikely to have a gear drive. It may have been a whiny rear end or something.

redfirepearlgt
10-12-2010, 03:51 AM
How much older of a Camaro are you talking about? I don't see a ltx or lsx guy putting a gear drive type timing chain on their car, not saying it's for sure not, I just think it's very unlikely to have a gear drive. It may have been a whiny rear end or something.

I assume when he says "older" he means 67,68,69,70.

82+ would not qualify by my definition of "older".

marauder
10-12-2010, 11:05 AM
Yeah, Late 60's it seemed. Well me and my wife were both pretty much drooling over the car, it was a very nice example of a restoration and not a single imperfection I could see. That's the thing, most people welcome complements on cars like that. Oh well, I mean it didn't really piss me off it's just that attitude some people have that makes me not even want to wave or give a thumbs up anymore. I would say this one was blown but can't say for sure, but I can't see why not considering the money he had invested in it and how well it sounded at idle.

Looked pretty much like this and about the same color.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8f/1969_blue_Chevrolet_Camaro_SS_front.JPG

The exact opposite, we rode down to Bowling Green, KY and we get close to a Z06 vette around E-Town. My wife is like, I'm going to just give that car a thumbs up because it's clean as hell...speed up. I declined for a bit, just knowing the guy was going to think we were just ricers looking for a race. For the longest time he wasn't paying attention, so I blipped the throttle a bit and she gave the thumbs up. Next thing you know we're riding door to door the entire drive down letting the exhausts sing. He ends up taking the exit with us and talking for a bit at the light. Good guy, if you drive a red Z06 and remember riding with a stang on I-65S a month ago that'd be crazy. I couldn't recognize the plates but I'm pretty sure they were Indiana plates.