PDA

View Full Version : Well we had to drag one out of the woods today!!

Black92LX
09-15-2010, 06:18 PM
I am guessing about 30 rolls down a 750-1000 foot bluff.
It got moving so fast at one point it chopped down a couple trees that were 6" across and at one point bounced 8 feet in the air on the way down.
Thankfully the rider made it out unscathed.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/Black92LX/Random/7a2eb0b7.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/Black92LX/Random/7e421292.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/Black92LX/Random/ad4f142c.jpg

sean
09-15-2010, 06:23 PM
DAMN... where were you riding at? Glad the rider was ok. Is the quad even running?

Blackout
09-15-2010, 07:05 PM
As long as your OK that's all that matters.

Nothing that a little bit of duct tape can't fix :)

ascCapri
09-15-2010, 07:48 PM
No kidding, that is one hell of a roll!! Luckily no injuries, that makes for one hell of a blessing.

What is pulling these toys? An International?

tdm309
09-15-2010, 08:44 PM
Glad your ok man. Remove key insert new 4 wheeler

Kevin1989
09-15-2010, 09:33 PM
damn man! glad all is okay. not everyday you see a quad that fubar and everyone is okay

NO SHOT
09-15-2010, 10:57 PM
Wow thats gonna leave a mark!!!!!!:D

Black92LX
09-16-2010, 02:04 PM
DAMN... where were you riding at? Glad the rider was ok. Is the quad even running?

Down near the Red River Gorge. And surprisingly enough it fired right up. But it was not going anywhere on it's own power.
A quick inventory of the busted was, oil cooler, front left spindle, rear axle, steering shaft, handlebars. two bent rims.

No kidding, that is one hell of a roll!! Luckily no injuries, that makes for one hell of a blessing.

What is pulling these toys? An International?

A quick run down on the truck (not mine)

It's a 1950 Jeep Truck Body/Shell over a 1992 GMC Sonoma chassis. The interior is from the Jeep but uses all the sonoma features like A/C, power locks and windows.
The manual window cranks have been modified to function the power windows by pushing up slightly to take the windows up and pressing down for them to go down.
It's a pretty sweet truck.

thecollector
09-16-2010, 03:45 PM
That outta buff out:)

At least the ATV market is buyer friendly right now.

Glad to hear noone took the ride with it, reminds of the allstate motorcycle commercial (when a motorcycle crashes, it doesn't crash alone).

That truck is cool. Finally someone who uses an old truck as a truck instead of a 14 second street machine.

beefcake
09-16-2010, 04:40 PM
carnage baby

ascCapri
09-16-2010, 09:39 PM
A quick run down on the truck (not mine)

It's a 1950 Jeep Truck Body/Shell over a 1992 GMC Sonoma chassis. The interior is from the Jeep but uses all the sonoma features like A/C, power locks and windows.
The manual window cranks have been modified to function the power windows by pushing up slightly to take the windows up and pressing down for them to go down.
It's a pretty sweet truck.[/QUOTE]

That is awesome man.....Very unique and glad to see he uses it as well. I had to build special ramps to fit my quad in the back of my truck. The wheel tubs are necessary, but are easily tackled in 4 wheel drive. It sits way low but the front of the quad is towering above the cab....quite the spectacle going down the road. The quad is literally bumper against cab, rear tires against tailgate, there is no room left to spare. My Mickey Thompson's have 45,000 miles and have yet to leave me stranded (knock on wood).....even with that kind of weight in the back, I have even put the quad in the back and trailered 3 bikes, I must say I was a little nervous driving that far with no spare for the truck or the trailer.

pegasus
09-17-2010, 11:09 AM
soo when will you be parting it out??