PDA

View Full Version : Locking dipstick???

JIMS SVT
09-20-2010, 09:16 AM
Went to edgewater friday night and was asked if I had a locking dipstick.Where do I find one of these?This is the first time Ive heard of having to run one of these.Mines bolted to the block but the top doesnt lock.Anything out there that will work with my existing tube but lock on top? Thanks

Jeff88coupe
09-20-2010, 09:54 AM
I was using a Lokar dipstick that locked. But I don't know of one that will "lock" on a stock type dipstick tube. I haven't heard of that rule either.

Timido
09-20-2010, 10:55 AM
I just drilled a hole in the top of mine if they bitch again I will safety wire it..

cstreu1026
09-20-2010, 11:46 AM
Went to edgewater friday night and was asked if I had a locking dipstick.Where do I find one of these?This is the first time Ive heard of having to run one of these.Mines bolted to the block but the top doesnt lock.Anything out there that will work with my existing tube but lock on top? Thanks

They always seem to to find somethign to bust your balls over don't they?

Rick93coupe
09-20-2010, 11:50 AM

I was thinking the same thing. That place is a pain in the ass. Did the engine diaper rule ever come into effect?

JIMS SVT
09-20-2010, 11:54 AM
I was thinking the same thing. That place is a pain in the ass. Did the engine diaper rule ever come into effect?

Not when you tell them it rules low 10's lol

JIMS SVT
09-20-2010, 11:55 AM

Everytime it seems to be something different.

JIMS SVT
09-20-2010, 11:56 AM
I was using a Lokar dipstick that locked. But I don't know of one that will "lock" on a stock type dipstick tube. I haven't heard of that rule either.

Is it the type that has to be tapped into the block?Or just slips into the block and is bolted to the the head?

8banger
09-20-2010, 11:58 AM
You running a C4?I had one of these ..

http://www.shop.speedunlimited.com/p-1859-performance-automatic-pa26406-ford-c4-locking-dipstick.aspx

8banger
09-20-2010, 12:08 PM
Not when you tell them it rules low 10's lol

That worked for me for awhile til this happened the day I was there.Since then the've been tough on tech,for the most part.I now have a 129.99 diaper on my engine,loks like a cheap duffle bag from the dollar store with a small oil matt in it.:rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPa7HNA0Frw

Jeff88coupe
09-20-2010, 12:10 PM
I was running a Moroso oil pan. It used a threaded bung that the lokar dipstick tube screwed into. The dipstick handle fit into a springlocked oring fitting when it was all the way in.

8banger
09-20-2010, 01:05 PM
I assumed tech was speaking of the transmission dipstick which has to be locking,but no one in tech has said anything about the oil dipstick.

Maximus
09-20-2010, 01:17 PM
TCI #743802.

http://www.compperformancegroupstores.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=TC&Product_Code=743802

$50 I can have it here tomorrow.

8banger
09-20-2010, 01:40 PM
TCI #743802.

http://www.compperformancegroupstores.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=TC&Product_Code=743802

$50 I can have it here tomorrow.

I assumed and jumped the gun that it was the transminssion stick tech was speaking of.Thats the only thing I know has to be locking.Good price on the stick Maximus:bigthumb!

Steves LX
09-20-2010, 02:07 PM

I beleive it did but don't quote me on that. I just know it was brought up at a UMTR event a month or so ago for the quick stick guys.

JIMS SVT
09-20-2010, 02:12 PM
Hmmm Im pretty sure he said locking oil dipstick.I have a lokar on my TH400 already.

Steves LX
09-20-2010, 02:18 PM
Hmmm Im pretty sure he said locking oil dipstick.I have a lokar on my TH400 already.

Jimmy I believe it is the oil dipstick they are talking about. I know when we were down there back at the begining of the year Shannon said something to me about it in general.

facemelter71
09-20-2010, 02:26 PM
I know of a couple people that just safety wire them up.

JASON408
09-20-2010, 03:21 PM
The only new nhra rule for this year in sportsman is locking trans dipstick ... its to keep people who overheat there tranny and use there dipstick as a vent (me included ha ha ) from poaring trans fluid in the engine compartment . witch we all know trans fluid will burn quick than gas . the rule suck becuase just another thing to buy . and dont think its a 9.99 and faster belive its a 11.00 and faster just like flex plates and other trans rules

JASON408
09-20-2010, 03:22 PM
and the locar is not locking got to be like the one craig showed

8banger
09-20-2010, 06:09 PM
The only new nhra rule for this year in sportsman is locking trans dipstick ... its to keep people who overheat there tranny and use there dipstick as a vent (me included ha ha ) from poaring trans fluid in the engine compartment . witch we all know trans fluid will burn quick than gas . the rule suck becuase just another thing to buy . and dont think its a 9.99 and faster belive its a 11.00 and faster just like flex plates and other trans rules

Thanks Jason for clearing that up.Thats what I thought but also thinking,damn another rule change?Now the oil dipstick,jeezz...I just finally poped for the diaper.:D:D gonna have to call division 3 office and figure out why I can't access my NHRA rule book online(cheap azzes:rolleyes:).If you want the book you have to print out yourself.:rolleyes:....

8banger
09-20-2010, 06:17 PM
That worked for me for awhile til this happened the day I was there.Since then the've been tough on tech,for the most part.I now have a 129.99 diaper on my engine,loks like a cheap duffle bag from the dollar store with a small oil matt in it.:rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPa7HNA0Frw

Guess I shouldve explained this.This very day I was there,dragster did the burnout and exploded the engine as soon as the tires caught.No diaper.Then the tech guys and others started yelling at the owner and sheet started the hit the fan,Dick the owner was in the mess there.Afterwards the tech guys started checking everyone for licenses and diapers.Kinda why I dialed a 6.40 as it was as fast as they would allow without a diaper or be disqualified.I red light 1st round so it really didnt matter.