PDA

View Full Version : Anyone do scratch removal?

Kevin1989
09-23-2010, 06:58 PM
I have never been so pissed in my life... i decided to get the car out tonight. the last time it was out was on tuesday it was at marker1989s house and there was not a new mark on it... It went home in the garage and hasnt moved till tonight. While it was in my garage someone rubbed what my guess would be a belt buckle across my pass. quater window over the side molding and across the paint almost too the rear window... it was not there when i parked it and i have a pretty good idea who it was, but my dad will never admit it. but there is no other person that would walk between the car and his truck. i just dont know how you can be so ignorant twards other peoples stuff...

anyway.

i need to see if it needs to be repainted or if it can be fixed but i dont think it can its deep. pm me if you can take a look at it this weekend.

Black Horse
09-23-2010, 07:01 PM
PM Plated

dsmawd350
09-23-2010, 08:04 PM
a belt buckle seems pretty low to scratch across the quarter window

Kevin1989
09-23-2010, 08:38 PM
I'm 5.9 and it's almost at my level someone 6 ft like my dad is perfect

sean
09-23-2010, 09:24 PM
Well I guess since its pretty much totaled now can I finally sit in the back seat???

J/K I know how you feel, If someone did this to one of my bikes I would be freaking PISSED. I had a different bike and while at my mom and dads my dad tried to move it and dropped it. I was sooooo pissed. I left and came back later. Just remember without him you wouldnt be who you are or have the things you have. Dads are allowed to do stupid things from time to time. To bad billys dead, He had that cool scratch repair marker thing.

Kevin1989
09-23-2010, 10:56 PM
Well I guess since its pretty much totaled now can I finally sit in the back seat???

J/K I know how you feel, If someone did this to one of my bikes I would be freaking PISSED. I had a different bike and while at my mom and dads my dad tried to move it and dropped it. I was sooooo pissed. I left and came back later. Just remember without him you wouldnt be who you are or have the things you have. Dads are allowed to do stupid things from time to time. To bad billys dead, He had that cool scratch repair marker thing.

its the thing hes dennys it tooth and nail he will never fess up to it. i cant do anything but get it fixed now. im still extremely livid. i dont even wanna drive it because it pisses me off to look at it.

sean
09-23-2010, 11:03 PM
Shit happens and theres nothing you can do about it now but fix it. Shit happens. Its either put it in a bubble or drive it and enjoy it and deal with things when they happen. For years I had stupid fast cars and bikes that were rebuilt title or already flawed in some way so i could drive it and not worry every time I parked it at the track or in the grocery store lot. Hes your dad, shit happens. Whenever my dad does some stupid shit I try to remember at least hes still around and able to do stupid shit. Just give it 20 or 30 years and scratch up your kids car. lol

Kevin1989
09-23-2010, 11:09 PM
my only worry is that its going to need to be painted. and as anal as i am. the whole car will get repainted... and thats going to kill the wallet

sean
09-23-2010, 11:42 PM
Have plated do some green ghost flames dammit.

Kevin1989
09-23-2010, 11:47 PM
dark green would be hard to pick a color that would look good.

sean
09-24-2010, 12:32 AM
Almost the same color green ghost. Just a little bit darker.

87stangbbb
09-24-2010, 02:09 AM
Have plated do some green ghost flames dammit.
dont ruin your car kevin.lol

sean
09-24-2010, 02:41 AM
if its done right and its subtle enough it would look great. But to each his (or her) own.

Kevin1989
09-24-2010, 06:20 AM
dont ruin your car kevin.lol

wasnt plannaing on it. but i didnt want to hurt seans feeling :lol:

sean
09-24-2010, 03:26 PM
Fine... ill just get it done on my clown car.

cobra429boss
09-24-2010, 03:28 PM
bring it to me i will remove the scratches for 100 if it doesnt work no charge

Kevin1989
09-24-2010, 04:53 PM
bring it to me i will remove the scratches for 100 if it doesnt work no charge

im going to have it repainted most likely. ill find someone who says they can fix it and blend it. about an 1/8th of an inch im pretty sure wont come out.

cobra429boss
09-24-2010, 05:20 PM
im going to have it repainted most likely. ill find someone who says they can fix it and blend it. about an 1/8th of an inch im pretty sure wont come out.

hey man its worth a try.. i tell you what i will blend it in as you say for 50 just bring it to me , if you would of seen the scratches i got out of the truck you would be surprized

Kevin1989
09-24-2010, 05:51 PM
im like getting it painted by a professional body shop.

cobra429boss
09-24-2010, 05:57 PM
im like getting it painted by a professional body shop.

pm noshot or 347sc if your going that route

Marker1989
09-25-2010, 01:19 AM
Jesus Christ man, the guy is trying to help you.. give it a shot. There is no need to paint the damn thing, Ive seen it and its not that deep. Its a fucking car, did you expect it to never get touched it's entire life?? Deal with it or sell it, end of story.

chadomac
09-25-2010, 01:27 AM
hey kevin do you want me to take a look at it? i might be able to do something with it. i am free this weekend.....oh and no charge its on the house... let me know.

Kevin1989
09-25-2010, 07:13 AM
Jesus Christ man, the guy is trying to help you.. give it a shot. There is no need to paint the damn thing, Ive seen it and its not that deep. Its a fucking car, did you expect it to never get touched it's entire life?? Deal with it or sell it, end of story.

no, I'm not going to let just anyone touch it, I work my ass off to afford it so I get angry when something happens to it. And it will be fixed

plated
09-25-2010, 07:59 AM
regardless who fixes it it's gonna look freshly painted color match isn't the problem,if the car aint perfect and the one 1/4 looks like a showcar your gonna notice the paint aint gonna look old make since? and there is no where to stop the clear on the sailpanel, it's never gonna be all original paint once it's repaired i don't care who does the repair,just make it go 10's throw some fat and skinnys and flame the fuck out of it original as far as i'm concerned sucks ass slow and borieng:)

Kevin1989
09-25-2010, 09:44 AM
the paint in the area is not perfect but damn near. 90 percent of it can be buffed out most likely. And the rest I guess I can deal with I don't know about 10s but high 11s might be possible next year, just gotta sell my damn 4 wheeler

INSANEBA
09-25-2010, 10:44 AM
I know your pain Kevin, my dad scratched the hell out of my tailsection on my 02 GSXR1000. It's got a custom house of kolors paint job, and I've painted it 2 times due to an asshat pulling out infront of me. He denies it to this day, but one day it's fine. The next day theres a insulation blower machine in the garage, and a nice 2" scratch on my tail thats down to the primer. Just smile and go on, or go key the shit outta his ride and feel better for a second until the guilt sets in lol. Ahh the pains of not having your own garage....

Kevin1989
09-25-2010, 11:42 AM
I'm over it. Here in a few my gear will be done and I'll be over it

cobra429boss
09-25-2010, 11:56 AM
Jesus Christ man, the guy is trying to help you.. give it a shot. There is no need to paint the damn thing, Ive seen it and its not that deep. Its a fucking car, did you expect it to never get touched it's entire life?? Deal with it or sell it, end of story. I know for a fact i can get the scratches out.. oh well cant make the guy do something. just like plated said you need to get the whole car repainted , it will look dumb if you shade it in

inferno50
09-25-2010, 04:59 PM
I know for a fact i can get the scratches out.. oh well cant make the guy do something. just like plated said you need to get the whole car repainted , it will look dumb if you shade it in

it wont look dumb if you "shade it in" as you call it. you would just have to blend the color around and clear the entire thing. and by that i mean both quarters and the roof. as nice as he keeps that thing it should look fine up against fresh paint. it has to be one of the cleanest cars on here. not trying to contridict plated but i have seen the shine on the car, it will be fine.

plated
09-25-2010, 05:09 PM
it wont look dumb if you "shade it in" as you call it. you would just have to blend the color around and clear the entire thing. and by that i mean both quarters and the roof. as nice as he keeps that thing it should look fine up against fresh paint. it has to be one of the cleanest cars on here. not trying to contridict plated but i have seen the shine on the car, it will be fine.i haven't seen the car in person,but i'm assuming it's got it's age showing but if it's really nice i'm like you do both quarters and roof so the little scratch can run what would you guess 1,200-1,500 to do it right,just sounds like a whole lot for a lil scratch we should get into paint/body and get rich:rolleyes:

Kevin1989
09-25-2010, 05:25 PM
i haven't seen the car in person,but i'm assuming it's got it's age showing but if it's really nice i'm like you do both quarters and roof so the little scratch can run what would you guess 1,200-1,500 to do it right,just sounds like a whole lot for a lil scratch we should get into paint/body and get rich:rolleyes:

it was right behind you at tristate last saturday in the staging lines bout the last run they were allowing i think. but well see tomorrow.

i keep it as clean as i can... the reason its always a little dirty is cause mason cant go a month without fucking with the roads around here.

cobra429boss
09-25-2010, 05:25 PM
try scratch removel it works great