PDA

View Full Version : If you see a PINK fire truck on Sunday

fastone
09-25-2010, 08:38 PM
If anyone sees a pink fire truck come through Cincy tomorrow. Give a hunk and a wave to them. They are passing through and staying with my shift in Burlington tomorrow night. They drive across the country once a year to raise awareness to all cancers, but mostly to the ones that get firefighters the worst. There is some neat stories about it. If any of the fire guys on here want to, stop by Burlington tomorrow night. They are scheduled to be in around 7pm. As I said they are spending the night with us. This is awesome for my department, this is the third year for the trip and second time in a row they have stayed at Burlington. This is there one and only stop in the tri-state. To learn more about their stories, look at the link, www.code3foracure.org.

fastone
09-25-2010, 08:42 PM
Also this was just sent a little a bit ago from one of the guys who started this to our union pres. And for those that don't know, firefighters are at alot higher risk to get cancer from our job then most people.

Hello Dave,

We currently are in Sylvania Ohio and will be in Fostoria tonight. The mission is going well with many firefighter cancer survivor stories. We met a firefighter in Zion IL, with Pancreatic cancer and doctors told him they can't do anything for him. His name is Kevin and he has two children age's 1 & 2. He want to ride with us when we arrive in North Carolina. We are receiving lots of support from all fire departments. Last night we met at the union hall in Toledo Ohio with a large group to share our mission of honor and hope. We look forward to our visit with you soon. Attached is our mission itinerary. Please send me the address of where you would like us to arrive.

Have a blessed day.
Lorenzo

fastone
09-26-2010, 07:10 AM
Just found out, it will be harder to see today. The truck is not pink this year! So it is just a good old fashioned red truck. But still for the fire guys on here, this is a great bunch of guys to talk with and listen to the stories they have heard over their trips.