PDA

View Full Version : Road Trip - NMRA Bowling Green - 10/2

redfirepearlgt
09-30-2010, 06:52 PM
A group of us are heading down to the NMRA event at Bowling Green this Saturday October 2, 2010. Feel free to join. The meeting place is at the rest area on I-75S just North of the I-71 junction. People will be meeting there and leaving sharply @ 6:30 AM in order to get to BG in time for the gates to open. This is an all day event $25.00 per head to spectate.

Kim, Shelby and I will be driving part way Friday evening and meeting up with the Stangbangerz pack as you all come past the Elizabethtown Exit (Ex 94) on I-65 South Saturday morning. We anticipate your arrival at around 8:30am and will cruise on in to BG with you from there. Anyone wishing to make the drive part way Friday evening can likely find a room there. The Holiday Inn XP in Etown right off I-65S currently has a large availability at this time (6:45PM 9/20), but may likely fill up quickly.

Kennebell, StevesLX, Gordon. 88stang, and others, we can't wait to see you all and hang out for the day.

All other prompt individuals are emcouraged to come hang with us for the day.

Google NMRA dragracing for event information on the Bowling Green event.

Stang88
09-30-2010, 10:28 PM
Giddy-up!!

gordon
10-02-2010, 11:35 PM
What a great time we had!!

Steves LX
10-03-2010, 01:01 AM
We just got home a few minutes ago. I couldn't agree more. We had a good time as well.

redfirepearlgt
10-03-2010, 06:52 AM
Man that was a BLAST!!!!! We had a great time! I'm ready to go again. Kim had more fun than she dreamed. She kept saying, "I like when the cars go up.", meaning when they pulled the front wheels off the line. What a grerat group of friends. And who would think that a BOxer would sit in the stands and actually watch racing. Now that is one cool boy dog there. He slept the whole way home. Thanks Gordon for calling and inviting us. Hope you all stayed dry. See you all around if not before the cruisein 10/17. Chad

kennebellcobra
10-03-2010, 12:16 PM
Was a great time... Chad, tell Kim I like when the cars go up too:lol:

Walter
10-03-2010, 07:54 PM
Man that was a BLAST!!!!! We had a great time! I'm ready to go again. Kim had more fun than she dreamed. She kept saying, "I like when the cars go up.", meaning when they pulled the front wheels off the line. What a grerat group of friends. And who would think that a BOxer would sit in the stands and actually watch racing. Now that is one cool boy dog there. He slept the whole way home. Thanks Gordon for calling and inviting us. Hope you all stayed dry. See you all around if not before the cruisein 10/17. Chad

That dog was shaking in fear when the turbine powered stang made a pass. I thought it was going to come out of its skin. Im almost positive that it will have psychological issues because of that. :HYF: on the owner.

redfirepearlgt
10-03-2010, 09:03 PM
That dog was shaking in fear when the turbine powered stang made a pass. I thought it was going to come out of its skin. Im almost positive that it will have psychological issues because of that. :HYF: on the owner.
???? Don't recall seeing you there in our group of 9 or know what you are talking about. Who died and made you Ceasar the Dog Whisperer? There were two other Boxers there (one white and one brindle) that we saw and one Boston Terrior (black). In fact a kid mistook our Shelby for another he had seen earlier. His father even corrected him stating that we weren't the same couple and that the boxer he was talking about was another. The only time Shelby was even slightly spooked was at tech when a Maverick fired his 460BB up and pulled away. Spooked evey human there in the immediate area as well. There are 3 other couples that can concur that Shelby was fine when we saw the Mustang make its first run @ 214mph as we were standing midway down the track along the fence. Left b4 it made the second run. We were only in the stands earlier in the day for about 30-45 minutes on the bleacher side. I would HIGHLY, HIGHLY suggest you get your facts straight before you go making such unsubstantiated accusations. You have issues please feel free to speak to me at the cruise in. I will gladly talk to you and you can meet Shelby to see that he is more than fine. You may wish to also speak with Stang88, Kennebell Cobra, StevesLX, Gordon, their spouses, and Jessie (sorry Jess forget your handle) with regard to Shelby's demeanor, disposition, and response to the days events. They will also back the fact that Shelby had a great time, was handled properly and suffered no anxiety from the day's events.

Oh forgot to mention Kennebell Cobra's father and two sisters as well. So that makes 12 people that can account for the dog's well being throughout the day.

BTW if you were so concerned with this animal's welfare why did you not confront the owner at the time???? You would have clearly found that you are barking up the wrong tree. Had Shelby reacted in the way he did, we would have taken him out of there and left, knowing he was not comfortable there. He did way better than we even anticipated. Others who know him were impressed with his comfort level around the event throughout the day. Where was this dog located and what was the owner wearing? What did his wife look like? You know Kennebell and StevesLX and Stang 88. You would have seen them right there with us, so why did you not approach us with your concern??? Dude you are clearly suffering from mistaken identity and you may speak to me about it at the cruise in 10/17 if you wish. My wife, Shelby and I will be there. In fact we will bring Shelby to you so that you may see he is fine since you have such concern. Green edge body turbo mustang, runs low tens right? I'm sure I know you. Met you at E20. Have a nice week.

bangingears
10-03-2010, 11:41 PM
:popcorn: here we go again :(

SN95N/A
10-03-2010, 11:45 PM
I like how every post on bangerz turns into an arguement anymore I think its funny how tough people become on there keyboard..

Walter
10-03-2010, 11:54 PM

The one I saw was white with grey/brown spots. Just kinda felt bad for it to have to hear that turbine at full throttle.

???? Don't recall seeing you there in our group of 9 or know what you are talking about. Who died and made you Ceasar the Dog Whisperer? There were two other Boxers there (one white and one brindle) that we saw and one Boston Terrior (black). In fact a kid mistook our Shelby for another he had seen earlier. His father even corrected him stating that we weren't the same couple and that the boxer he was talking about was another. The only time Shelby was even slightly spooked was at tech when a Maverick fired his 460BB up and pulled away. Spooked evey human there in the immediate area as well. There are 3 other couples that can concur that Shelby was fine when we saw the Mustang make its first run @ 214mph as we were standing midway down the track along the fence. Left b4 it made the second run. We were only in the stands earlier in the day for about 30-45 minutes on the bleacher side. I would HIGHLY, HIGHLY suggest you get your facts straight before you go making such unsubstantiated accusations. You have issues please feel free to speak to me at the cruise in. I will gladly talk to you and you can meet Shelby to see that he is more than fine. You may wish to also speak with Stang88, Kennebell Cobra, StevesLX, Gordon, their spouses, and Jessie (sorry Jess forget your handle) with regard to Shelby's demeanor, disposition, and response to the days events. They will also back the fact that Shelby had a great time, was handled properly and suffered no anxiety from the day's events.

Oh forgot to mention Kennebell Cobra's father and two sisters as well. So that makes 12 people that can account for the dog's well being throughout the day.

BTW if you were so concerned with this animal's welfare why did you not confront the owner at the time???? You would have clearly found that you are barking up the wrong tree. Had Shelby reacted in the way he did, we would have taken him out of there and left, knowing he was not comfortable there. He did way better than we even anticipated. Others who know him were impressed with his comfort level around the event throughout the day. Where was this dog located and what was the owner wearing? What did his wife look like? You know Kennebell and StevesLX and Stang 88. You would have seen them right there with us, so why did you not approach us with your concern??? Dude you are clearly suffering from mistaken identity and you may speak to me about it at the cruise in 10/17 if you wish. My wife, Shelby and I will be there. In fact we will bring Shelby to you so that you may see he is fine since you have such concern. Green edge body turbo mustang, runs low tens right? I'm sure I know you. Met you at E20. Have a nice week.

Just relax man. No need to get all upset. Im not concerned at all if if it was your dog or not. I personally dont care for dogs, I would even go as far as saying I dont give two shits about em. Dont get all upset. I wasnt saying anything about you or your dog. Sorry if you took it that way.

331TwistedWedge
10-03-2010, 11:54 PM
this "walter" character obviously has NO love for animals ... i cant believe what he was saying about your dog ...

you should apologize immediately ...

redfirepearlgt
10-03-2010, 11:56 PM
The one I saw was white with grey/brown spots. Just kinda felt bad for it to have to hear that turbine at full throttle.

Just relax man. No need to get all upset. Im not concerned at all if if it was your dog or not. I personally dont care for dogs, I would even go as far as saying I dont give two shits about em. Dont get all upset. I wasnt saying anything about you or your dog. Sorry if you took it that way.

We're good. I know the Boxer you were talking about it was a small white female. I only get concerned because we adopted this Boxer from a member here and I would hate for them to think they gave their Shelby over to a couple of loons. See you at the Cruise in. Thanks for clearing the air.

SN95N/A
10-03-2010, 11:59 PM
Wish my dog would sit there and watch some racing lol

Walter
10-04-2010, 12:07 AM
We're good. I know the Boxer you were talking about it was a small white female. I only get concerned because we adopted this Boxer from a member here and I would hate for them to think they gave their Shelby over to a couple of loons. See you at the Cruise in. Thanks for clearing the air.

I guess i misread you post and that you were talking about your boxer. Just assumed we were talking bout the same dog, clearly not. No biggie. Love you long time! :bigthumb

331TW, your ate up.:lol:

dsmawd350
10-04-2010, 12:22 AM
I saw beefcake there signing autographs!

TurboNG
10-04-2010, 12:32 PM
BG was a Blast, can't wait till next year.... I still have massive Wood!

redfirepearlgt
10-08-2010, 09:38 AM
I saw beefcake there signing autographs!

Now that's funny right there!!!!!

Stangman
10-08-2010, 09:41 AM
Damn good time! Looking forward to next year!! Next time I'm taking both Friday AND monday off!! I was whooped monday morning!