PDA

View Full Version : C4 trans no 1st gear?

WARMACHINE
10-09-2010, 08:23 PM
No first gear on a hard lanch, it just goes right up on the rev limit but if i'm rolling all ready and nail it it seems to hold it. c4 rev manaul vb and trans break. I checked shifter adj and fluid looks good.:confused:

TurboNG
10-10-2010, 11:28 AM
Have you checked the band adjustments?, possible clutch issue, mb they are slipping on the launch but ok when your already moving, if other gears are good the pressures should be fine, wouldnt hurt to check the pressure anyway. Do a stall test, lock up the brakes and mash the gas in each gear to see where the RPMs stall up to in each gear, every gear the RPM should be the same. Do this for no longer then 3 secs in each gear and only do it once, your fluid will heat up fast other wise. If any rpms are diff from the other gears then that will give you an idea where to start looking.

WARMACHINE
10-10-2010, 05:55 PM
I would like to change this post to c4 trans has no 1st, 2nd, or 3rd gears. I did the test and now you can feel it go in gear rpm's even drop a little at idle but in all gears it just revs right up. Thanks TurboNG. You seem to know some about transmissions you want to fix it?

bangingears
10-10-2010, 06:04 PM
forward clutch issue. Either no fluid getting to the forward if its a new build, forward clutches are smoked, or you lost a seal giving a pressure leak causing the forwards to smoke.

WARMACHINE
10-10-2010, 07:12 PM
Trans has about 5 1/8 and 2 1/4 mile passes on it plus some driveway lanches and a couple trips into town, I thought it would last a little longer. Thanks

03z06vette
10-10-2010, 07:46 PM
Id check shifter adjustment again.

bbfstanger
10-10-2010, 08:33 PM
i agree,forward clutches are toast!
get it pulled mike and bring it over ill help you with it.
is it still under warranty by who built?

WARMACHINE
10-10-2010, 10:16 PM
i agree,forward clutches are toast!
get it pulled mike and bring it over ill help you with it.
is it still under warranty by who built?

Thanks John, no not under warranty I had it built two years ago than it sat until I put the car together. Bill massie did it, not trashing him at all, he did what I asked, it just didn't last. I will get with you and maybe we can put a parts list together with some stronger parts. 1000 hp range.

bbfstanger
10-10-2010, 10:43 PM
call me we can talk about a setup ,1000hp is usually too much for a c4.