PDA

View Full Version : 2011 5.0 vs 2007 GT S/C

SSgtHUTCH
10-19-2010, 12:44 AM
SHORT VERSION: 3 x 60-120 rolls, Boosted 07 GT beats 2011 5.0 by about 5 cars.

SUPER LONG BORING VERSION: Finally had my first encounter with a new 5.0 today. I was heading through town when I looked over and noticed a sweet looking silver 5.0. He gets ahead of me a little and I can see it has a magnetic dealer plate on the rear. Someone was out on a test drive. I manage to get alongside and notice that the guy driving is a salesman I know from a local dealership. Not sure why the salesman was driving and the customer was in the passenger seat, but anyway. I end up in front of him at a light for the entrance ramp to get onto 75 south. I hear a few revs from the 5.0. I figure sweet, he wants to play. We get onto the highway and as soon as he has room he floors it and tries to swing past me. I hit it and start to run away from him. I let off at about 120 having put some good distance on him. We get onto 70 west and hes on my tail again. wanting some more. Note, this guy has no idea what a 3 honk roll is by the way, just kept trying to fly past me. We get onto 70 and he tries again, to be fair I wait till hes beside me before I hit it. It takes a few seconds to catch him with the momentum he had, but then I started to pull hard, harder than I expected to. I let off once again at 120. So finally, we get onto the airport access highway and he tries once more with the same effect. On average, from about 60 to 120 it was about 5 lengths or so, dont know exactly. I was pretty surprised, I knew I could take one stock, but not by that much. So I follow him back to the dealership. I get out and the "customer" says "please tell me that car isnt stock". I was tempted to say yes, but didnt wanna cost ole dude a potential sale, so I said no and told him it was boosted. Probly didnt make the best impression on the customer getting dusted by an 07. The salesman just kept saying "that was fun as hell". Yes I know the 5.0 was stock and mine is modded, but hey, it was still rather fun.

mustangrfast88
10-19-2010, 12:58 AM
stock 11 vs boost 07 ok like thats fair go race beefcakes 2011 and see what the results are

SSgtHUTCH
10-19-2010, 01:08 AM
stock 11 vs boost 07 ok like thats fair go race beefcakes 2011 and see what the results are

Attention to detail, its rather awesome....

Yes I know the 5.0 was stock and mine is modded, but hey, it was still rather fun.