PDA

View Full Version : AODE to C4/C6

skeptiq
10-20-2010, 06:02 PM
Question about transmission, but may also be tuning question too...

So if I were to swap my AODE with a C4/C6, is there a way to 'tune' out the computer controlling the transmission Or would a whole new engine management system be necessary? I really don't want to drop mega $$$ for a built AODE when a C4/C6 can be built for half the price. Even at that, if I have to get new EMS, then I might as well go for the built AODE. Kind of a catch 22, so I though I would see if anyone here could tell me about tuning the computer to ignore the AODE and let the C4 handle the shifts.

Thanks,
Ben

Blackout
10-20-2010, 09:55 PM
You can have it tuned for it. think of it this way.... A 5-speed only has the harness going down to the 2 back O2's, speedo sensor and backup sensor. Call Cincy speed and ask Adam. he can tell you for sure what needs to be done.

Dirtyd0g
10-20-2010, 10:21 PM
The c4 swap will be expensive the first time to do it right, after that rebuilding it is dirt cheap. I can probably build the aode nicely for what a c4 will cost the first time. It depends on power and what you want to do with it. If driveability matters keep the aode. If all out speed is the only concern change it to a c4. I have never changed one to a c6 to know how that would be. The weight being a factor I wouldn't do it under 800hp. Then again building a transmission to handle the power is going to cost you. With an accurate power figure I would make a recomendation. Money wise you aren't going to save much.
Alan
Alan