PDA

View Full Version : Gravel?

Goldenpony
10-31-2010, 04:04 PM
Can anybody tell me what I could expect to pay for 2 loads of crushed limestone delivered and tailgate spread in the Goshen area? I have one estimate of $400 and don't know if that is a good price or not.

RacerX
11-01-2010, 01:53 AM
How much is a "load"? Gravel is sold by the ton, so it depends on how many tons that is. Last I checked limestone is about $15 a ton. I use Oeder's in South Lebanon. Good luck.

DR

silverstang
11-01-2010, 10:17 AM
It also depends on what kind of gravel. Is it 57's, b19, pea gravel, 9's or what. I work in a gravel pit in middletown but we do not have limestone but I know roundabout prices.

Whyucryn
11-01-2010, 03:02 PM
silverstang-which gravel pit do you work at? Anyway you could let a guy come do a little fishing?? PM me if ya want

Dirtyd0g
11-01-2010, 03:19 PM
I use red bank transport. A buddy of mine has hauled gravel in for me and getting it from redbank is cheaper.
Alan

silverstang
11-01-2010, 05:44 PM
I wish. They will not even let me fish. But I work at the one on rt.4 outside of middletown. Redbank runs out of our pit sometimes but your better off to get it though the pit and pay thier haul rate rather than buy it though a trucking company because when you do that they hike up the gravel and charge the same or more haul rate.

Dirtyd0g
11-01-2010, 08:46 PM
What gravel place are you using? I know the one right up the road from me charges me more for gravel than I can get a large load delivered from. I'm sure Red Bank gets a better price than most people just because of volume.
Alan

silverstang
11-01-2010, 10:22 PM
I work at a gravel pit. It is cheaper for the customer to buy it direct from us and just pay the haul rate. That way you are not going through a chain of people for one product. But I am not trying to argue with you, I know it is that way with us but I can not speak for all gravel pits as we have our own trucks to make diliveries.

Dirtyd0g
11-01-2010, 10:46 PM
Which one? I only know my experiences. I buy a bunch of gravel every year and Red bank has always been the best prices I could get. I am always up for better deals.
Alan

Goldenpony
11-01-2010, 11:24 PM
Solved my problem. Thanks guys.

silverstang
11-01-2010, 11:29 PM
I work for Moraine Material but we just changed names to Central. I don't know what you get to say for sure we would be able to beat the price. Or if they get it alot closer thats hard to beat too, but let me know and I will do my best to get you a cheaper price