PDA

View Full Version : Bengals/Palmer debate

85_SS_302_Coupe
10-31-2010, 06:54 PM
Who here thinks if Palmer went to another team, he would show more potential?

Who here thinks our receivers would show their potential with a better QB?

I hear a lot of hating on Palmer but i saw a few catchable passes at the end of this game, and i saw 85 butterfingering every damn one of them.

Or, is it just a combination of suck on both ends?

Discuss.

chadomac
10-31-2010, 07:01 PM
you know they have not won a game in over a month, yes palmer has had his struggles but for crying out loud the defense hasnt had a sack in over a month as well. so it goes deeper than a palmer issue. we will see how he looks on a different team when his contract is up cause there is no way he will stay with this sorry ass organization. after 30 years of rooting for these bums i am done,we should let them leave we would be better off with a expansion team!!....... look at my avatar........that is all

89coupe
10-31-2010, 07:42 PM
I think someone in the locker room needs to stand up and start calling out the ones who don't care to win!! It's pretty bad when Jordan Shipley our rookie is our best reciever he catches everything that's thrown to him!!! What has happened to our defensive pass rush it's gone

cobra429boss
10-31-2010, 08:19 PM
what defense lol

Black92LX
10-31-2010, 08:32 PM
Palmer has no enthusiasm. We need a QB that will not only excite his teammates but excite the crowd.
We have the players to make the plays we just needthe fire of excitment to get lit under their ass.

RIXXX93GT
10-31-2010, 08:32 PM
I have never ever seen a team of players look so confused, and out of sorts. Even plays that do work seem to take something miraculous to spring them. Pass plays never look routine or crisp, its like every play is pure desperation and not coordinated. Its hard to explain, and its hard for fans to watch. This team shows no confidence whatsoever and even though I am a fan I have no confidence in this team....period. The only players that seem like they are in the game are Shipley and Benson.

85_SS_302_Coupe
10-31-2010, 10:47 PM
I just can't believe the same team i saw today was undefeated last year. How they go from total suck for so many years, then to a perfect season, then getting destroyed this season..is beyond me.

Blackout
10-31-2010, 10:52 PM
You have to ask yourself.......who else is out there? I don't think Palmer is a bad QB, and I did see TO & Ocho stop on plays and they ended up being intercepted. The Bengals to me remind me alot of other teams. There just not in sync and thier just not connecting.

85_SS_302_Coupe
10-31-2010, 11:09 PM
I do think Palmer could do more to get people pumped up, but again we don't really see what happens in the locker room or hear what he says in the huddle. I think the biggest problem with this team is lack of defense and everybody being out of sync. I think even Chad is a really good receiver when he's at his best.

347sc
10-31-2010, 11:38 PM
I just can't believe the same team i saw today was undefeated last year. How they go from total suck for so many years, then to a perfect season, then getting destroyed this season..is beyond me.

They were 10-6 last year. No where near undefeated

89notch
10-31-2010, 11:48 PM
I think he meant undefeated in the division

chadomac
10-31-2010, 11:58 PM
All I know is, every single position has changed over the last 20 years (players, coaches, etc._ ...EXCEPT that of the positions held by the Browns. ... Now, you figure it out. Does it really matter what players are acquired? Does it really matter who is the coach? There is something wrong. No GM? Who knows.
The thing that I am MOST fed up with, is getting average players and then advertising them as being great. You can take the defensive line, for example. ... Odom, Peko, Geathers,Ruckers, ...must I continue? These players would do much better, if they had a dominating presence down there with them Since Mike Brown has taken over in 1991, the Bengals have a .365 record, with 109 Wins and 190 losses. This will be the 20th straight season without a playoff win. It is just that he seems to be both incompetent and too stubborn to change his management style. His insistence of not getting a GM and good scouting staff is perplexing? It isn't perplexing, He keeps the money he would pay the scouting department. He keeps $1 million dollars a year that he pays himself for being general manager. The less money he puts out, the more he can keep. He makes the same amount of money, with shared revenue from the NFL, no matter what the team record is. Actually, he would lose money if they went far into the playoffs playing away games. Any money received as the visiting team would not cover what the players would demand as salaries after that. The less he spends, the more he makes because he gets to keep the money given him by the league. That's his game plan and it won't change. Why should it? This is a business to him. i say hell with the browns get the fuck out of town!!!

Markcore
11-01-2010, 12:30 AM
I have never ever seen a team of players look so confused, and out of sorts. Even plays that do work seem to take something miraculous to spring them. Pass plays never look routine or crisp, its like every play is pure desperation and not coordinated. Its hard to explain, and its hard for fans to watch. This team shows no confidence whatsoever and even though I am a fan I have no confidence in this team....period. The only players that seem like they are in the game are Shipley and Benson.

And we'll proably being saying bye bye to them after this season just like whosyourdaddy.

I was hoping this year would have been their year :HYF:

Rustanggt98
11-01-2010, 12:56 AM
unfortunately i think the only way to get the offense back on track is to get rid of TOcho and develop our own talent. there is always somebody leading the league in stats at reciever that no one has ever heard of prior to the season for a reason......... they have something left to prove. sure TO and Chad are great receivers, and can make some spectacular catches, and even though there seems to be cohesiveness between them, there is a lack of it as an offensive unit. Blame Bratkowski, Carson, whoever, until you break up that core i think we have continued problems on offense. Look at what the Red's were able to do in a short turnaround once Dunn and Griffey got shipped out of town. The defense is a whole nother rant.......:HYF:

85_SS_302_Coupe
11-01-2010, 01:04 AM
I think he meant undefeated in the division

Yep..

Pitbull1052
11-01-2010, 10:15 AM
I think we always look out coached just my .02.........

05yellowgt
11-01-2010, 10:43 AM
The offensive play calling for this game was just plain offensive to me. In the 2nd quarter when our receivers were being blinded by the sun on every deep ball, why did we try to air it out 3 times only to have to punt the ball. It seems that Bradkowski has forgotten nearly totally about the running game. Chad's decisions to skip spring and summer training camps in favor for reality shows has really bit him in the ass this year. He has what it takes to still be a top 3 receiver in the league, his just pissing away that chance as he's let the "Ocho Cinco" persona take over his life. I think that he had it pretty reasonably under control till this season. Missing out on all of those reps with Palmer has them not even in the same book, let alone the same page. Shipley is going to be a good little receiver, but somebody played a trick on Gresham during this game when they switched his reliable soft hands, of the stone slabs of Daniel Coats. I can't really say a ton bad about TO since he has done reasonably well this season all things considered with him joining the team so late, learning a new system, and playing within the madness that is the Bengals this season.

Now on the defensive end, the secondary is just depleted and unable to defend with Joseph, Williams, Jones, and Ndukwe all out. Hall just can't do it all by himself. He's a very good corner, but his abilities are enhanced by Joseph and visa versa. They need one another to be the great corner duo that they are. This leaves Zimmer forced to play safety's at corner opposite Hall and matchup line backers with slot receivers far too often. That hurts both the running and the passing game. It was far to easy for Henne to make completions on the outside pretty much whenever they needed a first down.

Finally, when it comes to Palmer, I don't think it is all his fault. 90+% of his passes were well thrown, accurate, and good passes for the situation he was in.

skeptiq
11-01-2010, 11:30 AM

I think someone in the locker room needs to stand up and start calling out the ones who don't care to win!! It's pretty bad when Jordan Shipley our rookie is our best reciever he catches everything that's thrown to him!!! What has happened to our defensive pass rush it's gone

It's because they are Texas Longhorns, it's what they do... as I sit here in my Longhorns hoodie, LOL! HOOK 'EM!!!

As far as the Palmer issue. I think he needs to go. Has he had good games? Yes, but since the post season knee episode, he hasn't been himself and I don't think anyone could argue with that. I think by NOT drafting a top QB thisyear, Bengals are going to be set back 3-4 years. What's going to be great is after this season when they announce Carson is going to have the Tommy John surgery he should have a got a couple years ago. So if he goes through aggressive rehab, he might start in 2011, but he'll be a year older with little off season conditioning... serisously oubt he'll be in 2006 form...

People are right, it does go both ways, defense still needs to step up, 85 and 81 need to make catches especially when Carson is actually accurate enough to get it there instead of overthrowing it. Brown's do play a part in this. Thing is though, the QB and coach are the figure heads. Regardless of them doing their job, if the team isn't winning, it's their fault. It comes with the 7 figure salary, just the way it goes...

I'll still support the Bengals though... at least we aren't Cleveland, now there is a sports city that has been bent over and effed for a looong time!

Like I said it at the beginning of the year, the Bengals will be lucky to end the season with 6 wins.

Ben

SMOKE
11-02-2010, 11:30 AM
I have an "inside source" if you will that says the Bengals are going to go after Big Ben and let Carson go after the 2010 season. This "inside source" could be full of it too but he is on the sidelines of every bengals game with the team.

Blackout
11-02-2010, 11:46 AM
ROFLMAO...................... Yeah right SMOKE!!!!.. lol lol lol lol lol lol

The Steelers aren't going to get rid of there all-pro QB. There stupid but I don't think that they are retarded. But it would be nice if they could get someone of his calibur. Keep the dreams coming guys.

chadomac
11-02-2010, 03:00 PM
I have an "inside source" if you will that says the Bengals are going to go after Big Ben and let Carson go after the 2010 season. This "inside source" could be full of it too but he is on the sidelines of every bengals game with the team.

just what they need a rapist!!