PDA

View Full Version : Moss waived by Vikings, Bengals possible?

93snake
11-02-2010, 01:12 AM
Ok, so Randy Moss was waived by the vikings... who thinks the Bengals should try to pick him up off waivers? I think he is still a great reciever, better than alot out there, and I am sure someone will pick him up. Thinking the Bengal could offer him a deal just for the rest of the season. Any one else have any thoughts?

KB1
11-02-2010, 01:22 AM
Why not! Still need somebody to throw to him???

93snake
11-02-2010, 01:30 AM
lol, maybe we could let TO or Ochocinco throw it to him?!?! I think Palmer can get it close enought that Moss could go up for it...

sean
11-02-2010, 01:35 AM
Be nice to see him go to a GOOD team. Was hoping to see him in the vikings uniform.

93snake
11-02-2010, 01:47 AM
A good team, you mean like the Dolphins??? lol

Mista Bone
11-02-2010, 01:57 AM
<<<<bandwagon bengals fan, really don't care much........

IMFO TO has been doing good, when Palmer gets the protection to make the pass.

Ochostinko, aka Butterfingers....yeah, have a seat over there with your cereal boxes!

93snake
11-02-2010, 02:05 AM
<<<<bandwagon bengals fan, really don't care much.......

sooo does that mean you are a bandwagon fan? and do not have an opinion on Moss?

sean
11-02-2010, 02:06 AM
I am not a fair weather fan. The Bengals are my home team and I love to watch them play. But being a fan doesn't mean I cant say they stink right now. right now they are not playing well and they arent a high power team. Havent been consistent for as long as I can remember. Thats year after year. AND I mean consistent in a good way. I am a fan and always will be so if your referring to me saying I am a fair weather fan you can blow me. Thats a bandwagon you may enjoy.

347sc
11-02-2010, 02:14 AM
I am not a fair weather fan. The Bengals are my home team and I love to watch them play. But being a fan doesn't mean I cant say they stink right now. right now they are not playing well and they arent a high power team. Havent been consistent for as long as I can remember. Thats year after year. AND I mean consistent in a good way. I am a fan and always will be so if your referring to me saying I am a fair weather fan you can blow me. Thats a bandwagon you may enjoy.

I didnt get the update to my Mista Bone translator this month so he just may be. I dont think I would have made him that offer though, He might take you up on that.

Mista Bone
11-02-2010, 02:17 AM
sooo does that mean you are a bandwagon fan? and do not have an opinion on Moss?

would be a waste to get Moss here, of his talents.

There is only team I care to watch, the Bungles, but you get used to losing it seems.

I root for the home team, but hasn't been much to root for over the long term.

One thing I do hop for, when the Bengals were their worst, they still managed to beat the Steelers. It would be nice to see them win on MNF next week.

Have they ever won on MNF in the past 20 years????

Just once.

sean
11-02-2010, 02:19 AM
lol. I may be one of the few that likes mista bone. I like to give him shit but mostly I respect him for being a long time member. Its kind of a respect your elders thing. Even if he makes little sense most of the time.

347sc
11-02-2010, 02:28 AM
I have been here just as long, and he never made any sense.

sean
11-02-2010, 02:31 AM
Thats ok. There arent to many of you guys from when vinny was around. You dont have to agree or even understand everything said but you should respect the fact there here.

347sc
11-02-2010, 02:35 AM
Thats ok. There arent to many of you guys from when vinny was around. You dont have to agree or even understand everything said but you should respect the fact there here.

Just being here does not garner respect. But I digress, Would be interesting if they picked him up but probably be a waste of money and The TO/Ocho show would whine and cry.

93snake
11-02-2010, 02:39 AM
Have they ever won on MNF in the past 20 years????

Just once.

Hate to say you are wrong but... the bengals have won on MNF just as recent as Sept 10 2007, Bengals won over Ravens 20-27! and on Oct 25, 2004 the Bengals won over the Broncos 23-10. I know there was a long time where the Bengals didnt play on MNF but they did win in 1990 over the Browns , 34-13, so yes they do win on monday night.

Plus lets hope the take out the Steelers next monday!

sean
11-02-2010, 02:41 AM
ocho needs to rethink weather he wants to be a player in the NFL or another name on a ceriel box and a few stupid tv shows that everyone will forget when he is gone. T.O. has been doing his job and he is getting more plays. To me there isnt much to compare between them. T.O is showing ocho up and out classing him. If we got moss ocho can either step up or step out.

93snake
11-02-2010, 02:58 AM
I am just thinking... imagine Moss thrown into the mix... Ocho would have to step up, but would that RAISE the bar for TO also? and would his game improve with the addition of another probowl player?!? Heaven for bid that the Bengals would have 3 probowl recievers that are a threat for the "run after the catch yards". Just thinking outloud.

Mista Bone
11-02-2010, 03:34 AM
Hate to say you are wrong but... the bengals have won on MNF just as recent as Sept 10 2007, Bengals won over Ravens 20-27! and on Oct 25, 2004 the Bengals won over the Broncos 23-10. I know there was a long time where the Bengals didnt play on MNF but they did win in 1990 over the Browns , 34-13, so yes they do win on monday night.

Plus lets hope the take out the Steelers next monday!

the link I used didn't mention the Ravens game....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monday_Night_Football_series-by-series_history#Cincinnati_Bengals

but if you dig to the Ravens link, you are correct.

The Browns win on 10/22/1990 is "just a bit outside" of the 20 year window.

Still though, when they sucked the best they still managed to beat the Steelers.

93snake
11-02-2010, 06:41 PM
well I would say wikipedia isnt the most reliable place to get info but my real point was the Bengals didnt play monday night for along time and do have a pretty good record for winning on monday night.

Yea I should have looked up the 1990 win... knew that would be at the "edge" of the 20 year window!

Guess the MNF question really is , "what is the Bengals win/loss VS the Steelers ?" I am pretty sure that the Steelers have appeared more times on MNF. But either way, vs the steelers...GO BENGALS!

347sc
11-02-2010, 08:32 PM
Well since you are using Wiki now chech the stats
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monday_Night_Football_all-time_team_standings

And the history
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bengals%E2%80%93Steelers_rivalry

But the futures is more important,Monday Night it will be Heinz Field West at PBS and Cincy will go down like a Georgia bar slut in a bathroom stall.
^
l
Too soon?

sean
11-02-2010, 08:36 PM
mmmmmm georgia bar slut in a bathroom stall

347sc
11-02-2010, 08:40 PM
mmmmmm georgia bar slut in a bathroom stall

Come on you laughed at that

Sloney50
11-02-2010, 10:20 PM
Arent the Red's still playin?!?!

Oh Damn.........They got beat in the PLAYOFFS!!!

Sloney50
11-02-2010, 10:21 PM
Sorry..............Just sayin........... :)

85_SS_302_Coupe
11-04-2010, 06:07 PM
By the way they said on the news this morning that the Titans picked up Moss.

93snake
11-05-2010, 12:02 AM
You are correct, Tennessee picked him up off waviers. Glad someone picked him up. This thread was just an idea, I didnt think the Bengals would grab him with something like 6+ million dollar price tag coming with him. But I think he will help the Titans.