PDA

View Full Version : Steve Cranfill- buyer beware

Dirtyd0g
11-09-2010, 02:01 PM
Among the several other things he has ripped me and others off on,he got me again. I paid $75 for an aluminum crossover intake from a friend of mine who swapped a PI intake on.
Steve called me one day asking if I had any NPI intakes because he had a car he needed to fix that he did not want to swap a PI intake on. He claimed to have a good aluminum crossover PI intake. I asked him specifically if it was an aluminum crossover, but told him I had somewhere to go right then and would be back in a few hours. He asked me to set the intake outside so he could come get it and wanted to trade even for his good aluminum crossover PI intake for my good aluminum crossover NPI intake. What I got was a busted plastic crossover PI intake....once again like so many other deals with him I lost. Buyer beware!
Alan

Walter
11-09-2010, 02:10 PM
:eek:

mustangboy
11-09-2010, 02:23 PM
Thats the same Steve from Hytech, right?

Dirtyd0g
11-09-2010, 03:11 PM
Yes it is

GREAZY
11-09-2010, 05:07 PM
Yes it is

I can defenitly say the intake you got was junk, glad I noticed it before I put it on my car. Thanks for taking it back.

Dirtyd0g
11-09-2010, 05:48 PM
I can defenitly say the intake you got was junk, glad I noticed it before I put it on my car. Thanks for taking it back.

I'm sorry I didn't notice it before I sold it to you, Ripping people off isn't my way. It's not fair to rip you off just because I got ripped off.
Alan

BLOWN86CAPRI
11-11-2010, 02:47 AM
steve has always taken care of us,thats why we rent our shop off of him,any issues that we had was always taken care of very quickly.

Dirtyd0g
11-11-2010, 04:40 AM
:lol:;):rolleyes:

dsmawd350
11-11-2010, 02:02 PM
heard nothing but bad things about the guy

facemelter71
11-11-2010, 03:40 PM
steve has always taken care of us,thats why we rent our shop off of him,any issues that we had was always taken care of very quickly.

He's got an account here at SBZ.Tell him to man up and tell us why he decided to scam dirtydog.

cobraman302
11-11-2010, 04:44 PM
How long ago did this happen?

Rick93coupe
11-11-2010, 05:24 PM
So your saying he's a hytech scammer? lol

Dirtyd0g
11-11-2010, 06:09 PM
How long ago did this happen?

It happened a while ago when he and I were doing busininess, we haven't done business in a while over issues like this and worse. I got sued over a transmission he "misassembled" and he wouldn't even show up to court as he promised. All I got was BS and lies.
Alan

cobraman302
11-11-2010, 06:13 PM
A while ago as in over a year ago?

JA04GT
11-11-2010, 06:18 PM
You guys sound like about of teenagers in high school. Once again its all a bunch of he said she said bullshit. I have had many great experiences in dealing with steve. There are also many others on here that have too, and its bullshit that they cant man up and defend him. Maybe they are afraid to step on someones toes. Also if steve "screws" so many people how can he have enough clients and work coming in to open a second shop?

Dirtyd0g
11-11-2010, 07:04 PM
You guys sound like about of teenagers in high school. Once again its all a bunch of he said she said bullshit. I have had many great experiences in dealing with steve. There are also many others on here that have too, and its bullshit that they cant man up and defend him. Maybe they are afraid to step on someones toes. Also if steve "screws" so many people how can he have enough clients and work coming in to open a second shop?

He said she said what? I said he ripped me off on an intake, among other things. That is the part I have here in front of me that I got royally screwed on by him. There is no he said she said, just you defending him without anything to back it up. How he manages to have 2 shops in high visibilty locations that stay busy is nothing to do with it. I bet he won't last 5 years unless someone else is managing everything for him. I don't treat people the way he does and neither does Andy Law, yet both of us manage to get by in remote hidden locations. I have never had a bad dealing with Andy and I have known him for many years. Steve I have known for 2 years and can only think of 1 out of well over a dozen jobs that he did for me worked out at all. One transmission I had out 9 times in less than 2 weeks, on the fourth try he admitted to not taking the pump apart which was blown to pieces inside. Any work he does that works comes down to luck.....Another person here on the forum had a transmission fail from the start and All Steve blamed was the converter, that I cut open a couple times in front of the customer and repeatedly found nothing wrong with it, actually I know of 2 people that happened to, one in this very thread sticking up for him.

A while ago as in over a year ago?
It was the day before I went to court alone to defend the transmission he missasembled that I lost $2000 on because he was to inconsiderate of me to show up for court as he repeatedly promised he would. I am completely tired of everything I do with the guy getting screwed on. I kept quiet to avoid trouble for a while to be considerate, the intake was the final straw.
Alan

JA04GT
11-11-2010, 07:52 PM
So if you have not dealt with since your court date, how long has this intake been sitting around getting shit pilled on top of it. Maybe you should of checked it the first day you got it. Do think maybe in the year or so it has been buried in your garage it could of gotten cracked.

Dirtyd0g
11-11-2010, 08:18 PM
So if you have not dealt with since your court date, how long has this intake been sitting around getting shit pilled on top of it. Maybe you should of checked it the first day you got it. Do think maybe in the year or so it has been buried in your garage it could of gotten cracked.

Funny you should say that. It sat on the barrel where he left it until the day I sold it because I was already mad at being ripped of because it wasn't the aluminum crossover he promised me it was. There was never anything on top of it or piled around it, Even if it got cracked here it wouldn't have gotten cracked if it were aluminum, the location it was cracked in was also completely surrounded. It had to crack on the car.
Alan

JA04GT
11-11-2010, 08:26 PM
Did you ever ask him about it not being the one you wanted?

Dirtyd0g
11-11-2010, 08:31 PM

Yes on several occasions and he ignored me on it completely.
Alan

JA04GT
11-11-2010, 08:34 PM
idk it just dont sound like the steve i know.

BLOWN86CAPRI
11-12-2010, 03:05 AM
and again ill stand up and say im happy to know and deal with steve,never had a bad dealing with the man,just dont sound like steve to me,i would think there would be more people on here telling of thier bad experiences with steve if there was that many

lxenvy
11-12-2010, 04:24 AM

Damn are u his personal cheerleader?:sukit:

JA04GT
11-12-2010, 11:29 AM
Damn are u his personal cheerleader?:sukit:

Damn are you dirty dogs personal cheerleader? So if i stand up for a friend now im a cheerleader?

Pitbull1052
11-12-2010, 11:36 AM
I've had nothing but good experiences from Steve, he rebuilt my T-5 I had D&D input shafts put in, it shifts better than when it was new.... and yes I bought the tranny new... I've had other little issues here and there, stopped by the shop and he didnt even charge me....

cobraman302
11-12-2010, 01:36 PM
Steve has been nothing but good to me and my friends. I have given him a fair amount of work as well. He put the stage 3 cams in my lightning and at a VERY fair price. He has done a couple timing belts for me, some break jobs, misc crap on my POS Audi, lift on my Super Duty and never once had a problem.

And I really think its childish for you to bring up something like this that happened SOOO long ago. I'm sure you can find something else better to do with your time than to call out a person by their first and last name when this shit happened a year ago. Grow up and move on man. If he did this, then its shady. I know Steve and he would make it right with you...unless you deserved it.

facemelter71
11-12-2010, 01:44 PM
Thats all great and dandy,where is Steve at to say why he left a busted intake that HE misdescribed as being some thing its not.

lxenvy
11-12-2010, 02:10 PM
Damn are you dirty dogs personal cheerleader? So if i stand up for a friend now im a cheerleader?

I dont even know dirtygog, Nor do i know STEVE. But damn ur like drillin dude. Express ur opinion and move on. He has a problem with someone explained his side about it. U come in here like Steve's lawyer and shit. Just sayin:rolleyes:

JA04GT
11-12-2010, 02:36 PM
I dont even know dirtygog, Nor do i know STEVE. But damn ur like drillin dude. Express ur opinion and move on. He has a problem with someone explained his side about it. U come in here like Steve's lawyer and shit. Just sayin:rolleyes:

Not trying to start anything with you. Like i said just defending a friend that i know personally and dont believe he would sell a part knowing it was bad.

JA04GT
11-12-2010, 02:39 PM
Thats all great and dandy,where is Steve at to say why he left a busted intake that HE misdescribed as being some thing its not.

Just a thought on that steve's last post on here was on 12/16/09 so he probably just dont get on here anymore.

Dirtyd0g
11-12-2010, 02:42 PM
Steve has been nothing but good to me and my friends. I have given him a fair amount of work as well. He put the stage 3 cams in my lightning and at a VERY fair price. He has done a couple timing belts for me, some break jobs, misc crap on my POS Audi, lift on my Super Duty and never once had a problem.

And I really think its childish for you to bring up something like this that happened SOOO long ago. I'm sure you can find something else better to do with your time than to call out a person by their first and last name when this shit happened a year ago. Grow up and move on man. If he did this, then its shady. I know Steve and he would make it right with you...unless you deserved it.

What does any of this have to do with the busted intake he traded me as a good aluminum crossover intake for a good NPI intake I had. He put the intake I paid for on a customers car and probably charged them $200 bucks for it while I put the intake he traded me in a scrap barrel. If he is such a stand up dude then tell him to give me a good PI aluminum crossover intake so I can put it on my car as I originally planned. How ya like that!

Dirtyd0g
11-12-2010, 02:44 PM
Not trying to start anything with you. Like i said just defending a friend that i know personally and dont believe he would sell a part knowing it was bad.
I think he took the known bad part off his customers car and traded it to me as a good part because he is a scandilous creature. I'm happy he has been good to so many of you, he certainly hasn't treated me fairly, time after time.
Alan

JA04GT
11-12-2010, 02:54 PM
[

I think he took the known bad part off his customers car and traded it to me as a good part because he is a scandilous creature. I'm happy he has been good to so many of you, he certainly hasn't treated me fairly, time after time.
Alan

How is that possible if he gave you a pi intake because he needed a non pi intake for the car?:HYF:

Dirtyd0g
11-12-2010, 03:34 PM
[

How is that possible if he gave you a pi intake because he needed a non pi intake for the car?:HYF:

It is possible, is it ripping off the customer as well, of course. Do I believe he would do that, absolutely.
Alan

black90lx
11-12-2010, 05:27 PM
i think he traded you the junk intake that came off the car. lol

cobra429boss
11-12-2010, 05:52 PM
i think he traded you the junk intake that came off the car. lol

lol at least he left him something he could of just took the one he left out for him and not left anything LOL:popcorn:

dsmawd350
11-12-2010, 10:27 PM
Ive heard of him fucking up transmission builds, engine builds, etc

Dirtyd0g
11-13-2010, 01:27 AM
lol at least he left him something he could of just took the one he left out for him and not left anything LOL:popcorn:
A busted plastic crossover intake pretty much is nothing.
Alan

lxenvy
11-13-2010, 01:28 AM

:bigthumb

BlazinEagle
11-14-2010, 11:07 PM
OK here we go again with bickering back and forth. This is the classified feedback section. I do not know either person involved but I know that I and everyone else has the right to post feedback on the transactions that take place within our Mustang community. I appreciate positive and negative comments and procede with a level of caution with each transaction that I do. We all have been screwed one time or another. Every person has the right to choose who they deal with so just keep the rest of the bullshit out of it.