PDA

View Full Version : Motorola Droid X VS. Samsung Fascinate

cobraman302
11-10-2010, 11:13 PM
Anyone have either one of these phones? I am going to get a new phone soon and really cannot decide between these phones. I dont want to list out all the specs, but looking for people that actually have one of these phones to share their pros/cons. :coo1:

sean
11-10-2010, 11:31 PM
I have the fascinate. I absolutely love it. Me and my wife have one. There are thousands of free apps and so many ways to customize the phone. The layout of the texts and messaging is great and the screen kicks ass as well. It has a messaging format called swype and it is great. If you want to type something in you just keep your finger on the keyboard and swipe it around. It is very fast and addictive. It will learn new words as you go. You may have to tap it in once but after that is knows the difference between fuck and duck. lol we did a lot of research on phones before getting these and this was the clear choice for us. We get new every two with verizon so we has to make sure we would like them. It takes pretty good pics too. Really happy with the fascinate if you havent figured that out.. lol

cobraman302
11-10-2010, 11:59 PM
I appreciate the feedbak on the Samsung. I personally like the Samsung a little more. Has a more crisp display, heard it has better battery life, little smaller, and a lot lighter than the Motorola Droid X. I did really like the dual led flash and 8mp camera on the Droid X though, and it doesnt have Bing as the dedicated search engine (this will be able to be switched to google with the new 2.2 software I think). And the X has a little larger screen as well. Both I can get for the same price.

How long does your battery last and how much do you use it on average?

sean
11-11-2010, 12:09 AM
well i dont use that bing at all. You can put google on it as a widget and just tap on that or there is a browser you just type into. You can either bookmark it or put a shortcut on you screen. The app section has a battery boost app thats free and its helpful. The battery life is fine on it unless your on it for hours at a time. Playing games for a few hours will take a toll. lol I once fell asleep with a radio station on and the next morning it was still going. I usually charge it every night (not that it needs it) and its good to go when ever I need it. The flash on this thing will blind you and it can also stay on if your doing a paris hilton type video.. lol If you get it get the holster with the clip for it. I usually never buy a holder but this is the only one that will protect the screen when its in the holster. As far as how much I use it. I am on this thing a lot. I still dont have a job so it gives me something to do. We could have gotten the droid as well but after reading the reviews and looking at the features and all the free features the fascinate had it was hands down the one we wanted.

beefcake
11-11-2010, 12:39 AM
i have a droid x and love it, great phone, easy to use, voice commands, large screen,

Paul408Notch
11-11-2010, 01:55 AM
I don't have either (I have an EVO on Sprint), but of the two, I like the Samsung more. Crisper screen, cleaner hardware, and it has a dedicated GPU that does an outstanding job. There are pretty heavy rumors of Verizon launching an EVO twin for their LTE network before the end of the year though. If I were on Verizon, I think that's the one I'd wait for.

cobraman302
11-11-2010, 01:59 AM
Yeah I have been waiting for over 6 months. Started with the incredible, then the store salesman told me about the Motorola Droid X coming soon, so I waited....then I went to go test it out and was told about the Samsung Fascinate....went to go test it and was told about Verizon officially getting the Iphone 1st quarter 2011! When the hell do I stop "waiting" lol. I have an outdated shotty ass looking BB Curve....

jack90gt
11-11-2010, 02:32 AM
We also have sprint and my wife has the Evo and i have a crackberry.....

AntiRice427
11-11-2010, 02:36 AM
I havn't had either of these phones, but I can say that out of all the phones I have had Motorola is by far the worst, and Samsung phones are by far the best I have ever had.

Camaro86SHOCKER
11-11-2010, 03:06 AM
I actually work for Verizon Wireless and my suggestion would be the Samsung Fascinate. The X is a great phone but in my opinion the screen on the Fascinate is better.
By the way If you use the Verizon on Beechmont (in front of olive garden) come see me and i'll help ya out the best I can.

-Justin Robbins

cobraman302
11-11-2010, 02:50 PM
I actually work for Verizon Wireless and my suggestion would be the Samsung Fascinate. The X is a great phone but in my opinion the screen on the Fascinate is better.
By the way If you use the Verizon on Beechmont (in front of olive garden) come see me and i'll help ya out the best I can.

-Justin Robbins

They still doing any buy one get one free deals?

PKFIRE
11-11-2010, 03:23 PM
My wife and I have the Fascinate. It's an awesome phone and the screen is clear as day. I recommend it.

sean
11-11-2010, 05:52 PM
Also on the fascinate you can see the screen clearly in the mid day sun. It automatically adjusts.

fordman
11-11-2010, 05:53 PM
the droide is bad ass

PonymanfiveO
11-12-2010, 01:32 AM
I have the Droid X and like it a lot. Love the big ass screen!!!

cobraman302
11-15-2010, 11:30 AM
I know this will sound crazy, but i have decided to pick up the Droid Pro Thursday. This phone has the best of all 3 worlds... full qwerty keyboard, touchscreen, and blazzzzzing fast speed. Just cant get away from the blackberry style keyboard.

MrsAPE
11-15-2010, 11:26 PM
There are pretty heavy rumors of Verizon launching an EVO twin for their LTE network before the end of the year though. If I were on Verizon, I think that's the one I'd wait for.

That's what Alan & I are hoping for!!

gideeup
11-17-2010, 02:21 AM
you can voice text on the facinate.............just speak the words and they come out in text............that alone does it for me. Don't know if the Droid has that feature.

cobraman302
11-17-2010, 02:46 AM
I am almost positive that you can do that on the Droid X, I know that you can do that on the new Droid Pro as well. It is really accurate as well.

sean
11-17-2010, 02:50 AM
no man that swype text is the shit

Jake
11-17-2010, 11:54 AM
+1 on swype :bigthumb
i have an epic 4g (same as the fascinate except with a keyboard) and i hardly use the keyboard because of how easy swype makes it.

beefcake
11-17-2010, 12:32 PM
i love the swype and the droid x does voice as well

93cobra
11-17-2010, 11:37 PM
i have a droid incredible...no problems..although im not the guy trying to get everything out of it either..internet works good

Holly
11-21-2010, 11:56 PM
I don't have either (I have an EVO on Sprint), but of the two, I like the Samsung more. Crisper screen, cleaner hardware, and it has a dedicated GPU that does an outstanding job. There are pretty heavy rumors of Verizon launching an EVO twin for their LTE network before the end of the year though. If I were on Verizon, I think that's the one I'd wait for.

I think I am going to get an EVO after I get my Christmas Bonus at work. Depends on how much Sprint wants to charge me. They are my mercy right now, my 12 year contract with them is up (first time ever, I usually buy a new phone halfway through and add another 2 years). Paul - I think you have me convinced! I do love my blackberry though.

SN95N/A
11-22-2010, 12:34 AM
I have droid 2 I've had it for two weeks..seems to b a nice phone but I also don't get to crazy with it.

cobraman302
11-22-2010, 01:59 AM
I ended up getting the Droid Pro on Friday. It is a reallllly nice phone. Anyone wanting a phone that will be fast than the Droid X/Fascinate/Evo and wants a full qwerty physical keyboard should really look into this phone.

V8Mustang1967
11-22-2010, 02:04 AM
Wait for the Incredible HD. Exact same thing as the Evo comes out next month.

djom1cincy
11-22-2010, 12:51 PM
i have a droid incredible...no problems..although im not the guy trying to get everything out of it either..internet works good

I have the same phone. My only complaint is the external speaker. It blew one and I had the phone replaced. My new one is cracking now and its only 3 weeks old. It sounds like crap watching a video or listening to music.