PDA

View Full Version : anyone live in the springfield ohio area?

sean
11-15-2010, 04:10 AM
I am helping a friend look for a place for a car lot. I dont feel like driving all the way out to springfield so I thought I would ask if any one is in the area and knows of a an empty lot with or without a building that would make a good car lot please let me know. Its about an hour and a half away from me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Black92LX
11-16-2010, 08:19 PM
Has your friend been to Springfield or even researched the local economy????
If not I would highly advise him he do a little more research on the area.

Aside from Wittenberg University (very small) the only way to describe the area is desolate. The only reason anything still exists there is the University and that is not very conducive for a car lot.

I lived in Springfield when I was at Wittenberg until 2003. Went back for the first time last year and was disheartened. There wasn't much to offer went I went to school there and it was even worst last year.
Springfield used to be a huge industrial manufacturing town in the 50s and 60s but most was based around the automotive industry and Springfield has met the same demise as that of Detroit.

It's a very sad thing as Springfield has quite a bit of history and some really neat old buildings.

If I were to write a book about Springfield it would be called "the town time forgot about."

sean
11-16-2010, 08:51 PM
yep. Its a bhph thing. Has one in middletown thats kicking ass. Has been in the springfield area not to long ago.

Black92LX
11-16-2010, 09:12 PM
He should have no problem finding a lot for pretty cheap. Lots of vacancies up there.
I wish him well it will be a tough spot.

If you ever go up make sure to swing by Mershon's
Always have some good looking cars
http://www.mershons.com/

sean
11-16-2010, 09:50 PM
wow. that place is still there? That place has been around forever. They were high priced as hell. Well keep an eye out if your ever in the area and feel free to get me a pic or a name and number if you see something. I really dont want to drive all the way out there.

Timido
11-16-2010, 10:47 PM

If you ever need some Coke stop by Mershon's!

sean
11-16-2010, 11:13 PM
lol... do what? Is that how they stay in business?

Katmandu
11-17-2010, 12:57 AM

If you ever need some Coke stop by Mershon's!VERY Expensive cars! :eek:

sean
11-17-2010, 02:51 AM
Ok were getting off topic. I dont want to have to come out there... lol Someone scout out some good spots for me.

ADaughen
11-22-2010, 03:08 PM
Springfield is terrible right now.

Is there enough of a used car demand to risk getting cars vandalized or stolen to open a lot up there?

sean
11-22-2010, 04:35 PM
yea. For some reason this is an area he and I have always had lots in. I tried to get him to come to mason and even found a great location but he wants to be in springfield.

Sparky
11-26-2010, 01:38 AM
I think the place where that hideous yellow fox body was is still empty. Its on E. Main st