PDA

View Full Version : limewire

stang5slow
11-25-2010, 09:04 PM
anyone else use this music filesharing? they shut down october 26th an now im looking for a new place to download music, any ideas?

boostanggt
11-25-2010, 09:10 PM
I've been using frostwire but it sucks. I have to download the song with frostwire and play it through itunes, otherwise it freezes and foreces quit on me. I am looking for a better solution.

89notch
11-25-2010, 09:21 PM
Mp3rocket.com works great. It's not free though its a 1 time fee

stang5slow
11-25-2010, 09:36 PM
ok, im looking for a free download at the moment but if it comes down to it then i will have to buy something i guess

89notch
11-25-2010, 09:41 PM
I just looked and I guess it's free now

Kevin1989
11-25-2010, 09:54 PM
if i get a virus from this mp3 rocket ima be pissed lol :lol:

Black92LX
11-25-2010, 10:30 PM
YouTube. Then there is a program called free YouTube to mp3 or something like that.
http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/products/dvd/Free-YouTube-to-MP3-Converter.htm

Blackout
11-25-2010, 10:35 PM
I just use torrents. I don't like the file sharing programs.

306Power
11-25-2010, 11:54 PM
I heard the Govt. is cracking down on illegal file sharing and torrents, that there starting to track people's IP address and come for individuals not just groups of people now. Just what I've heard, anybody know if there is any truth to that?

chadomac
11-26-2010, 01:37 AM
try piratebay or demonoid

Kevin1989
11-26-2010, 04:27 AM
I've been using frostwire but it sucks. I have to download the song with frostwire and play it through itunes, otherwise it freezes and foreces quit on me. I am looking for a better solution.

i just tried frostwire and mp3 rocket today.. frostwire is a bitch and mp3 rocket was a bitch as well. limewire was so simple... i might try kazaa again

skeptiq
11-26-2010, 02:43 PM
I just use torrents. I don't like the file sharing programs.

Torrents rock... some people don't like them because mostly they are for downloading entire albums as opposed to individual songs, but I like torrents.

Although with anything like this, you have to be careful. I usually share the torrent for a couple days, then close the torrent. I actually had my ISP contact me from a movie I downloaded stating the production company registered a complaint against me for distributing copyrighted material. ISP said if they get more complaints, they will discontinue service and the production company could persue legal recourse. Since then, I have cut out movies all together and just stick with a few albums here and there.

My ISP told me that production companies and record companies actually have people that go to file sharing / torrent sites and download stuff, just to back trace IP's and bust people. I am about just start sucking it up and start buying music again.

Later,
Ben

Black92LX
11-26-2010, 04:00 PM
I am telling you forget the filesharing and use youtube.

chadomac
11-26-2010, 04:58 PM
Torrents rock... some people don't like them because mostly they are for downloading entire albums as opposed to individual songs

Later,
Ben

But with the utorrent app you can pick and choose the songs you want to download off any given album.......newsgroups are they way to go your download speed is 10x higher than with torrents.. as for limewire or kazaa your going to end up with spyware, trojans,virus and anything else you can think of

skeptiq
11-26-2010, 05:19 PM
But with the utorrent app you can pick and choose the songs you want to download off any given album.......newsgroups are they way to go your download speed is 10x higher than with torrents.. as for limewire or kazaa your going to end up with spyware, trojans,virus and anything else you can think of

Interesting, didn't know that... might also have to try the youtube thing as well...

Later,
Ben

lxenvy
11-27-2010, 02:10 AM
Torrents rock... some people don't like them because mostly they are for downloading entire albums as opposed to individual songs, but I like torrents.

Although with anything like this, you have to be careful. I usually share the torrent for a couple days, then close the torrent. I actually had my ISP contact me from a movie I downloaded stating the production company registered a complaint against me for distributing copyrighted material. ISP said if they get more complaints, they will discontinue service and the production company could persue legal recourse. Since then, I have cut out movies all together and just stick with a few albums here and there.

My ISP told me that production companies and record companies actually have people that go to file sharing / torrent sites and download stuff, just to back trace IP's and bust people. I am about just start sucking it up and start buying music again.

Later,
Ben

Thats tru man, But just get in and get out ya know. If u want a movie get it. After u have it STOP seeding and its a done deal.:bigthumb

2007ShelbyCobra
11-27-2010, 03:26 AM
the dvdvideosoft copy i have doesnt let me download youtube songs anymore due to copyright stuff, idk if i have an old version or what

lxenvy
11-27-2010, 03:37 AM
convertxtodvd3 is what i use for movies. Im telling u go ahead and use torrents just STOP seeding after. Burn it and Remove and delete.torrent+data. I got my dvd burner program off of there. Along with Norton virus protc. with a key generator thats good for 99+ years. Free updates etc. Great stuff, Just have to learn to use it. Oh and windows 7 ultimate. But i had to get another file to authenticate it. On my lap top my desk top is all legit.

Goldeneagle
11-27-2010, 12:59 PM
:bangwall:You people do shit the hard way, go to :dummy:

http://www.bomb-mp3.com/index.php

Make sure you read the "how to" so you don't run into trouble. I've been using this for a while. It doesn't work the same way that filesharing networks do, so they can't track you down for a song, all they will know is that you were there.:smokin:

Black92LX
11-27-2010, 02:22 PM
the dvdvideosoft copy i have doesnt let me download youtube songs anymore due to copyright stuff, idk if i have an old version or what

I have never had any problems. Just made one