PDA

View Full Version : work wanted

mustangkuhn90lx
11-30-2010, 02:57 AM
i just got laid off look for side work to make money for right now i will do work around the house and work on cars i know alot of people work on your own cars on here i figure i would just put it out there my name is mike and my # is 765-821-0672 i live in middletown OH let me know what you got i work cheap

sean
11-30-2010, 03:15 AM
Sorry to hear it man. If I find anything I will let you know.

mustangkuhn90lx
11-30-2010, 03:17 AM
thank you my girlfriend was wanting to know if anyone out there would want there house clean to help with bringing in some money you can contact us both on the 765-821-0672 or post on here thank you

Mista Bone
11-30-2010, 08:23 AM
Good luck......

We hired the neighbor next door to build a deck after seeing the one he built....and then got laid off from work.

I do know that seasonal work can be had around West Chester area, mostly warehousing. If you live close to I-75 not so bad of a drive.

INSANEBA
11-30-2010, 11:57 AM
Good luck buddy, alot of places are hiring holiday help. It's temp but it's something. Work hard and they might just keep ya too! Also, if you have any auto experience, you might think about hitting up some big truck dealership parts departments. Beleive it or not, the pay is usually pretty darn good, and it's easy clean work! Not to mention, they are usually looking for help. You would be surprised at what I make a week slinging big truck parts, allthough I've been in the business for quite a few years now...

ponymom05
12-02-2010, 09:04 PM
my brother is currently looking for work also. He is working for Amazon temporarily right now, but that won't last but a couple more weeks. Maybe something like a delivery driver, nothing too physical. He worked in a machine shop for years but is not real big on standing on his feet all day anymore. (old age - hehe!) If anyone knows of anything PLEASE let me know.

Thanks, Cathy

85_SS_302_Coupe
12-02-2010, 09:14 PM
The job market is pretty shitty. I've been stuck in this dead end retail job for 2 years now and i didn't think it would take me 6 months to find something better. We only hired in 3 seasonal people for 3rd shift this year...that's crazy it's usually 10 or more.

mwaller5672
12-02-2010, 10:13 PM
The advantage of being at a place for 32 years is these days of worrying about being laid off are over. The disadvantage is I'm a lot closer to death :lol:that you young laid off guys. Wanna trade

85_SS_302_Coupe
12-03-2010, 12:00 AM
The advantage of being at a place for 32 years is these days of worrying about being laid off are over. The disadvantage is I'm a lot closer to death :lol:that you young laid off guys. Wanna trade

I don't mean to be so negative but i wouldn't be so sure about that. When i got laid off i was randomly selected to attend an unemployment class, and one of the guys in my class was laid off from some engineering job he had for 30 years. In some jobs they can fire a 30 year employee and hire in 3 more to replace him and still save money vs what they paid the other guy. The place i was laid off from there were several 20+ year employees, and they shut the whole place down.

mwaller5672
12-03-2010, 12:56 AM
Your right there. If they shut a place down it doesn't matter how many years you have. My dad told me to get on at CGE. I told him I didn't want to work in a power plant. After the third time I got laid off I changed my mind. He had been at Miami Fort for 42 year as was my grandfather. There forcing a lot of people to move to the Carolina's but I'm glad I went. Right after I started I recieved a second letter from P&G and threw it away. I have to wonder if that was a mistake. You just can't get jobs like those any more on a high school degree. I don't know how people can make it with out some type of higher education.

Katmandu
12-03-2010, 12:54 PM
If you are of age, the Military is ALWAYS hiring.

Stop the excuses and go Enlist! :bigthumb

Blackout
12-03-2010, 06:37 PM
If you are of age, the Military is ALWAYS hiring.

Stop the excuses and go Enlist! :bigthumb

Me and my wife was talking about that the other day. If anyone is absolutley desperate for cash the military give signing bonuses and other incentives to serve. You might be reassigned across the abroad but they do pay you for it.

Metcalf Racing
12-03-2010, 09:48 PM
I tried to sign up for the reserves. The money was good. My wife said absolutely not. Lol

Katmandu
12-04-2010, 01:29 AM
My wife said absolutely not. LolWhy did she say that ? :confused:

What branch did you check out ?