PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone Bowl ?

cobra429boss
12-01-2010, 04:27 AM
Anyone bowl in a league on this site or just for fun, This is something that my dads side of the family has done for years , My cousin Steve ( 24 years old ) Bowls up at the Eastern Bowling Alley here in Middletown Ohio , Just wanted to brag on him a bit, He Broke the house record tonight, That means Highest Score in league play , which they bowl 3 games, if you didnt know they bowl 3 games in league play..He bowled a 269-299-279 = 847

He should be pro but like every other sport you have to know someone to get. The bowling alley has been there for years 847 is amazing, The best you can shoot is 900 , he has bowled a lot of 300 games. Averges 230 something a game.

I would like to get back into bowling but i am no where as good as him, Just a blast to bowl on a team with some buddies one night a week.

:popcorn: :bigthumb:bigthumb

9cobra4
12-01-2010, 05:02 AM
Mista Bone bowled a 4000, if the lane wasn't uphill he'd have done better.

jack90gt
12-01-2010, 05:53 AM
Damn that's good. I bowl and carry a 198 average... I carry a 230 average on the wii if that counts... Lol

cobra429boss
12-01-2010, 05:57 AM
Damn that's good. I bowl and carry a 198 average... I carry a 230 average on the wii if that counts... Lol

yeah he is one of the few to bowl a 300 in our family , others had them once he has shot 300 in league about 15-20 times a lot of 299 298, He really should be on tv with the PBA , I wonder how you would go about doing that ..

jad0087
12-01-2010, 06:16 AM
ive bowled since i was 8 or 9, bowled in highschool and have been to state, and still bowl now in adult leagues, averaging 217 in my league right now, the PBA shots are A LOT harder then league bowling, i bowled for wright state for a year and we bowled on some of the different lane conditions that they do and its a lot different

one90gt
12-01-2010, 11:36 AM
I bowl in a league one night a week and avg about 210.
Ive had 2 300 games so far. PBA shots are really difficult to score on.
While I havent shot on any I hear that they can bring an averae down by a good 30 plus pins.

marauder
12-01-2010, 11:48 AM
I bowled in the Erlanger Businessman league one year and that was about all the league bowling I could stand. I've never seen grown men get so upset over the simplest of things, though there were also some very good bowlers out there that did teach me a lot. I have always bowled casually, and used to bowl south paw ~180-200 per game average...for league I went to a custom ball and back to right handed, I think my overall average was somewhere in the 140's.

I subbed a couple times in a Friday night league and that was pretty fun, very laid back and relaxed atmosphere. It was competetive, but in good spirits with friendly smack talk. If I got back into leagues, I'd be in a fun/friday night style league.

TurboNG
12-01-2010, 12:09 PM
I used to bowl, i did the Honkey a few times, and did 5 nights a week holding a 195-208 average in 3 bowling lanes and 5 diff leagues. But thats been 6-7 years ago back when i was 21-22.
Thats an incredible score he got there.

sean
12-01-2010, 01:27 PM
Bumpers down I'm not so great.. Bumpers up, lights out, and neon lights on? I'm a rock star... Lol

306Power
12-01-2010, 02:18 PM
Bumpers down I'm not so great.. Bumpers up, lights out, and neon lights on? I'm a rock star... Lol

That's what I'm thinking lol, by the end of the night I'm usually sucking so bad that I start "attempting" trick shots and what not just for fun.

marauder
12-01-2010, 02:54 PM
Haha, I sense a SBZ Winter Beaters Cruise in and Bumper Bowling meet in the works...

cobra429boss
12-01-2010, 04:30 PM
Yeah pro shot is different. But im sure if anyone throws on pro shot oiled lanes like they do league play they can master it.. Bowling is fun , Good times i have had bowling

RyanR
12-01-2010, 04:50 PM
PBA uses several different oil patterns. Some are alright to shoot on, and some will make a good house shooter feel like its there first time bowling again.

CincySR
12-02-2010, 05:15 AM
I've bowled in leagues since I was 12 and my highest avg was 215+. At the time I was thinking about trying to get on the pro tour and stuff, but like the other guys said, its a different ball game. The lane patterns are vastly different than what most leagues will use, not to mention that every tournament would use a different pattern than the previous one. That's why you see PBA bowlers with 20+ bowling balls. Different types for the different oil patterns. That's the reason I didn't try to go do it, I didn't have the money to invest in all the gear that I would need to actually be successful doing something I love doing.

And once you get accustomed to a certain pattern, you get very good, but when the patterns get difficult you look like you should be getting coached. After about 3-4 years of barely bowling after the 215 avg, I started bowling at Eastgate Lanes outside of Milford. Needless to say I was having troubles carrying a 160+avg there. But the old lanes there wasn't the easiest to bowl on.

relaxednoma
12-02-2010, 10:01 AM
PBA uses several different oil patterns. Some are alright to shoot on, and some will make a good house shooter feel like its there first time bowling again.

THIS*

I bowled in a house leauge at LaRu for 4 seasons, am not bowling this year though. It's a world of difference on something like the Cheetah patter for example. Completely effs you up if you dont know what your doing, and if you even think you do, you still really dont lol.

85_SS_302_Coupe
12-02-2010, 11:02 AM
I have just goofing off. I watched a guy at Suburban Bowl in Batavia bowl a 300 game once and i was blown away. Any sport that you're that good at is cool to watch.