PDA

View Full Version : Removing & Re-Installing Body Molding?

CNTLOSE
12-04-2010, 01:36 AM
I am getting ready to remove two trim pieces on the '88 hatch. I ordered some piano wire and 3M double sided automotive tape to do the job.

My question is one of my pieces has start to curl from where it has pulled away from the body. Do I need to do something to straighten it out once it is off? or will the tape do that when I install it back on? If it matters it is the small molding piece behind the passenger door.

Thanks

penceracing
12-04-2010, 02:26 AM
pull it all off even the real thin metal that is attach to it to and then put it in your house so it will warm up and then add the 3m tape to it. now it might become wavy again if it does u will have to buy new ones. I came across the same problem with mine.

CNTLOSE
12-04-2010, 01:46 PM
pull it all off even the real thin metal that is attach to it to and then put it in your house so it will warm up and then add the 3m tape to it. now it might become wavy again if it does u will have to buy new ones. I came across the same problem with mine.

Great thanks! :bigthumb

inferno50
12-06-2010, 03:50 AM
you can grind the metal back off with a roloc pad and retape them to get the wave out. i have done it many times it works great.

CNTLOSE
12-06-2010, 09:11 PM
Thanks!