PDA

View Full Version : Bengals finally win!!!!!

penceracing
12-19-2010, 05:17 PM
so who do u think will go??? And who will stay???

BlazinEagle
12-19-2010, 05:26 PM
Just in enough time to not get the number one draft pick. Leave it to the Bengals to try to screw themselves for the next year too.

Black92LX
12-19-2010, 05:48 PM
Just in enough time to not get the number one draft pick. Leave it to the Bengals to try to screw themselves for the next year too.

I was thinking the same!

penceracing
12-19-2010, 05:57 PM
yea we still get number 2 pick. but we do still have 2 tough games left though. i think we need to clean the whole coaching staff and start all over

redfirepearlgt
12-19-2010, 05:59 PM

So since when did having the number one draft pick get the bun-gals anywhere? I.E. Wilson and Carter? LOL!!!!!!! The best chance Cincinnati has of a winning team is to send Mikey boy packing and recruit another team.:rolleyes:

djom1cincy
12-19-2010, 06:05 PM
Not having the number one pic is not bad of they truly go after a qb. Carolina has number one right now. They drafted 2 qb last year. I couldn't see them taking one this year.

penceracing
12-19-2010, 06:17 PM
i wouldn't mind them pick up that quarterback that won the heisman. but i have heard that they have palmer for another 5yrs. and they arent goin to bench him and pay him all that money. i think it needs to start with the coaches

djom1cincy
12-19-2010, 06:33 PM
i think it needs to start with the coaches

I will have to disagree with you. It starts and ends with Mike Brown. Since he's taken over they have had 2 winning seasons. Yes 2!

penceracing
12-19-2010, 06:41 PM
yea i understand that. but if mike brown goes our team will go i think.

redfirepearlgt
12-19-2010, 07:15 PM
i wouldn't mind them pick up that quarterback that won the heisman. but i have heard that they have palmer for another 5yrs. and they arent goin to bench him and pay him all that money. i think it needs to start with the coaches

Vinny Testiverdi won a Heisman and look what he proved to be for Cleveland and every other team he tried to play for - A choker just like he was in the championship game against Penn State his senior year at Miami in 1985-1986 season.

As for QB come on guys, you can have the best QB money can buy and if there is no offensive line to give him time to get the ball off he might as well be playing a game of "kill the man with the football". Two things make a QB aside from hand-eye coordination. 1. His offensive line, 2. someone to throw it too.

What made Bradshaw? His line and Lynn Swan. What made Montanna? His line and Jerry Rice.

Watch the Superbowl (1st Superbowl) between Cincy and SF and you will see that Anderson had no time to throw the ball, and Montanna had all day to throw the ball. Both had respectable receivers (Rice and Collinsworth), and Both had respectable coaches, the difference in their offensive lines made the difference. A highschool freshman could have won that superbowl with SF's offensive line.

As for coaches I agree. Quit playing politics and hire a coach. There hasn't been a coach at Cincy since Sam was there. Then again when your owner thinks he knows it all because he was QB at Miami of Ohio because no other school would start him what do you expect coach wise?

A moron such as I could improve the Bun-gals record next year and I really don't care for the sport much any more. So get rid of Brown, get rid of Marvey, get an offensive line with some heart and next year they can go 4-12 or better. LOL! Otherwise put a roof on the so called stadium and sell space for retail stores.

djom1cincy
12-19-2010, 07:33 PM
Well said.

draggin50
12-19-2010, 08:03 PM
Hahahaha the Steelers suck! Worthlessburger just went down again!

djom1cincy
12-19-2010, 08:39 PM
If they suck then what do the bengals get? Oh I know. Their good cuz they snapped a ten game losing streak. That's coming from a bengals fan.

347sc
12-19-2010, 09:45 PM
Watch the Superbowl (1st Superbowl) between Cincy and SF and you will see that Anderson had no time to throw the ball, and Montanna had all day to throw the ball. Both had respectable receivers (Rice and Collinsworth), and Both had respectable coaches, the difference in their offensive lines made the difference. A highschool freshman could have won that superbowl with SF's offensive line.

Rice was drafted in 85 so he did not play in SB XVI
But really its the team as a whole that makes them good or bad one player doesn't do it.

85_SS_302_Coupe
12-20-2010, 12:22 AM
Im glad they were all happy after the game cause i dont give a damn and i was rooting for the Browns.

347sc
12-20-2010, 12:28 AM
Hahahaha the Steelers suck! Worthlessburger just went down again!

Even with the loss they are in the play offs.

draggin50
12-20-2010, 01:56 AM
But with that loss they didnt clinch the play off berth.

DSSKing68
12-20-2010, 07:12 AM
But with that loss they didnt clinch the play off berth.

Check your facts...they have already secured a wildcard spot.

DSSKing68
12-20-2010, 07:16 AM
Oh...I almost forgot

I saw on the news last night the bandwagon is open for business again. With their one victory since September those "diehard" Bungal fans will hop right back on I am sure....LOL

85_SS_302_Coupe
12-20-2010, 08:33 AM
See, i'm a Bengals fan. They're my home town team, i grew up with them. But, i'll be first in line to bust their balls and tell you how much they SUCK because it's hard being the fan of a losing team.

347sc
12-20-2010, 10:53 AM
Check your facts...they have already secured a wildcard spot.

Correct! I'm a litte relieved because of that but they need to step it up if they want to go past one play off game.

BradleyGT
12-20-2010, 12:09 PM
I hope the Bengals don't waste their pick on a QB. They need to bolster the O-Line. I say Gabe Carimi from Wisc. Hell they could draft the whole Wisc. O-line. The only O-lineman the Bengals have that is worth a shit is Whit. Bobby Williams has seen better years but he is prob their second best.

306Power
12-20-2010, 12:50 PM
Mike Brown is a great business guy but that's where it ends, he doesn't know football to save his life. He tries to run a team like his Dad did but he doesn't know football like his Dad did. If he would hire a GM and stopped making GM decisions himself the Bengals would be much better off.

skeptiq
12-20-2010, 02:47 PM
Mike Brown is a great business guy but that's where it ends, he doesn't know football to save his life. He tries to run a team like his Dad did but he doesn't know football like his Dad did. If he would hire a GM and stopped making GM decisions himself the Bengals would be much better off.

You pretty much countered your own point. Brown is a great business guy, therefore if he hires a GM, thats less money in his pocket. Until he's out of the Bengals organization, I don't see them doing things much different.

I don't think they'll pick up a QB in draft. If they are going to go away from Palmer, they will pick up McNabb, or worse yet Derek Anderson in the off season. If something absurd like that happens I will be officially done with the Bengals.

Later
Ben

redfirepearlgt
12-20-2010, 05:29 PM
Rice was drafted in 85 so he did not play in SB XVI
But really its the team as a whole that makes them good or bad one player doesn't do it.

Oops - Clark and Solomon were Montanna's targets that year - you be right. Then again I was only 17 that year. Yip it was a while ago, but I was alive then. Either way you make my point. It takes a team and the offensive team starts with an Offensive line (more than one player) that can provide a talented QB time to do his work when passing to skilled WR's, and holes for ballerina like Fullbacks to drive through when the ball is kept on the ground, and players that don't go DL because of in grown toenails, etc. Here again I am no Einstein on football EXCEPT when compared to Mike Brown's abilities.

BradleyGT
12-22-2010, 02:05 PM
You pretty much countered your own point. Brown is a great business guy, therefore if he hires a GM, thats less money in his pocket. Until he's out of the Bengals organization, I don't see them doing things much different.

I don't think they'll pick up a QB in draft. If they are going to go away from Palmer, they will pick up McNabb, or worse yet Derek Anderson in the off season. If something absurd like that happens I will be officially done with the Bengals.

Later
Ben

Getting McNabb wouldn't be all bad. He would push Palmer to get back to being a top tier QB again and if Palmer went down at least you would have a very good backup.

skeptiq
12-22-2010, 02:42 PM
McNabb is about end of useful life as QB. I think Palmer is done as well. He just hasn't been the same since he busted his knee. The only reason his stats are as "decent" as they are is junk time at the end of the game... It'll be interesting to see what happens this off season regardless.

Later
Ben

BradleyGT
12-28-2010, 05:06 PM
McNabb is about end of useful life as QB. I think Palmer is done as well. He just hasn't been the same since he busted his knee. The only reason his stats are as "decent" as they are is junk time at the end of the game... It'll be interesting to see what happens this off season regardless.

Later
Ben

Palmer looked pretty good Sunday. He started 10 for 10 so no "junk time" stats there.

02mingryGT
12-28-2010, 05:14 PM
Palmer's problems are mental and not physical. two plays before he hit Simpson down the left sideline he overthrew Caldwell in the middle of the field. He threw that ball 65 yards. There are only a handful of QB's that can do that. I have seen him throw in person which is a lot different than on the TV. There is nothing wrong with him physically. It's mental and/or mechanics(throwing off his back foot).
The main reason they've won the last two games is the fact Hall and Joseph are back on the field together. Hard to score when your #1 and #2 receivers are locked down.

skeptiq
12-28-2010, 05:16 PM
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then...

penceracing
12-28-2010, 05:35 PM
hell yea black opps bad ass game. i think once u get rid of the babies they play awsome. we will see next week.