PDA

View Full Version : Question about E readers (kindle/ Nook)

Rick93coupe
12-20-2010, 05:41 PM
Curious if anyone has one and what your opinions on them are. May buy one for the wife.

89notch
12-20-2010, 05:48 PM
Just buy an android tablet and get the kindle app. It does more than just kindle for about the same money

skeptiq
12-20-2010, 05:55 PM
I think 89notch nailed it... the android tablet has apps for both... I actually bought the nook for my wife shortly after it came out and she loves it. I liked the nook over the kindle because it was less costly and came with 3g att in addition to wifi and I think it did a little more than the kindle. I also didn't like the buttons on the kindle (personal preference).

Bottom line, I would say the tablet offers more versatility obviously, but if your wife is a hardcore reader, she may like the eInk and the fact that you won't be hijacking the tablet to play angry birds or sniper.

Good luck!
Ben

Paul408Notch
12-20-2010, 06:41 PM
I bought a Kindle for my wife, and I don't think there is a day that goes by that she doesn't have her eyes glued to it. She was talking about a tablet of some kind, but she likes the e-ink display a lot more than an LCD as far as reading goes.

Mr.Moontang
12-20-2010, 07:36 PM
I bought my wife a Nook last year for Christmas and she loves it!

Rich
12-20-2010, 08:04 PM
I bought a Kindle for my wife, and I don't think there is a day that goes by that she doesn't have her eyes glued to it. She was talking about a tablet of some kind, but she likes the e-ink display a lot more than an LCD as far as reading goes.

x2
Got my wife a kindle last year for her birthday, she absolutely loves it. Compare the kindle screen to the other readers...not even close. The kindle is so much easier on your eyes.

Black92LX
12-21-2010, 03:25 PM
Just buy an android tablet and get the kindle app. It does more than just kindle for about the same money

except for the fact it sucks reading books on that screen. The grey scale is much better and easier on the eyes.

Out of all my research I want the Kindle and hope to get one for Christmas.
Lots of free books. Plus there are rumors of Barnes and Noble (makes the Nook) having lots of financial difficulties and may not be around much longer