PDA

View Full Version : Blow your nose a lot?

85_SS_302_Coupe
12-27-2010, 09:21 PM
I work with this guy, he's an older guy and carries a bandana/hankie in his back pocket. I work with the same people every night, so after a while i start picking up on peoples mannerisms, and this guy is always blowing his nose. The other day i asked if he had a cold, and he said no just blowing my nose. I said does the dust make your nose stuffy or something? He said no, you young people are always getting sick because you don't blow your nose enough.

:confused:

I wonder if there's any real truth to this? He has a point...it's rare that i blow my nose. It's one of those things that doesn't happen unless it feels necessary, usually if i'm sick. It would seem that regularly doing so might keep your sinuses more clean and keep germs down. It's also funny how, "back in the day" most every man carried two things...one was a pocket knife, and the other was a hankie in his back pocket. I also can't really remember my grandfather ever being sick. Myself on the other hand, i'm lucky to go more than a month through the winter without getting a head cold or some kind of sinus infection.

Gene
12-27-2010, 09:32 PM
I tend to blow my nose all the time, but that's because I'm usually stuffed up due to allergies and such.

Whyucryn
12-27-2010, 09:40 PM
Maybe he snorts large amounts of cocaine?

djom1cincy
12-27-2010, 10:51 PM
I use a hillbilly hankie. Place thumb on one nostril, aim other nostril away from legs and blow. Works good unless its sticky and hangs up on the end of your nose.

mwaller5672
12-28-2010, 12:21 AM
That is just gross. I had a friend who called that an air hankie. I tried to explain to him I end up walking thru the stuff and then take my boots off. Plain gross

Mista Bone
12-28-2010, 12:26 AM
Someone who blows there nose a lot is just afraid to fart.

"Smart fart took the elevator out"

mustang8998
12-28-2010, 10:11 PM
"Smart fart took the elevator out"

That's known as a burp, dummy!

Stangman
12-28-2010, 10:17 PM
I wish I could blow my nose... my sinuses/allergies are always effed up and I never really could. It's a wonderful life really... lol I just snort it down and get rid of it another way.

Black92LX
12-29-2010, 12:43 PM
I tend to blow my nose all the time, but that's because I'm usually stuffed up due to allergies and such.

Get yourself a netipot!!
While it's pretty much waterboarding yourself the thing works awesome.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kX8HyjZsq_o