PDA

View Full Version : Earthquake in Indiana!!!

Blackout
12-30-2010, 11:01 AM
There was an earthquake that was located in Indiana about 30-40 miles north of Indy. We felt the after shocks here in Franklin (NW Warren Co.)

I was out of the bed and my wife was still sleeping and it woke her up. I thought it was funny when she looked over at my side of the bed and thought that I farted...lol:o:eek::lol: Well I just laughed at her for about an hour.

But yeah it was a tremmor. Never thought that we are having earthquakes around here, but OK.

Who else felt it?

05yellowgt
12-30-2010, 11:24 AM
I felt it here near downtown Dayton. I was upstairs in a have asleep half away daze when I felt it. It felt like someone was humping in the bed next to me. I looked over and my wife had already gone downstairs, so my first guess was that we have a ghost! My house was built in 1885 so I have been wondering if there were any living impaired members of society living with us. My wife didn't feel it downstairs but she heard the whole house creaking.

I was glad to know when I turned on the radio to get in the shower that the radio host said it was an earthquake. The funny thing is that the people that were at my work at the time didn't feel a thing. I work on the 11th floor of an office building downtown and every time there has been a tremor people normally feel the building sway.

jack90gt
12-30-2010, 11:33 AM
Wow that's crazy... We didn't feel anything up here...

05yellowgt
12-30-2010, 11:38 AM
If anyone else did feel it, you can report it here.

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/dyfi/events/us/c0000x03/us/form.en.disabled.html

graysonracin
12-30-2010, 11:39 AM
felt it in alexandria ky!

redfirepearlgt
12-30-2010, 12:05 PM
I was out of the bed and my wife was still sleeping and it woke her up. I thought it was funny when she looked over at my side of the bed and thought that I farted...lol:o:eek::lol: Well I just laughed at her for about an hour.

That's funny right there!

We never felt the after shock. I remember the one that came through a few years back though. It rocked through around 5:15am. They happen at a level detectable from time to time around here. Unfortunately California doesn't own the out right patent on earthquakes LOL!

Mista Bone
12-30-2010, 12:18 PM
Slept right through it, but did have a weird dream about that time.

NXcoupe
12-30-2010, 12:44 PM
It's funny people talk about earthquakes not being part of living around here, but in reality the largest earthquake in the states was around the midwest, it reversed the flow of the mississippi river for a day or two. We are sitting on a huge epicenter that is ripe for an earthquake. Let's hope it's not in our lifetimes as our buildings are not built with earthquakes considered in the design.

cstreu1026
12-30-2010, 01:04 PM
It's funny people talk about earthquakes not being part of living around here, but in reality the largest earthquake in the states was around the midwest, it reversed the flow of the mississippi river for a day or two. We are sitting on a huge epicenter that is ripe for an earthquake. Let's hope it's not in our lifetimes as our buildings are not built with earthquakes considered in the design.

That earthquake on the New Madrid fault rang church bells as far away as Washington D.C. and created Reelfoot Lake in Tennessee. Believe it not we could see another one in our lifetime. I forget the exact estimate but the lower end put it well within the normal life expectancy of my generation.

Oh yeah, I didn't feel a damn thing this morning.

Stangman
12-30-2010, 01:33 PM
I was driving... so I didnt feel anything.

CNTLOSE
12-30-2010, 01:34 PM
lol...I knew I felt something last night...I thought is was just my body twitching.

holeshot
12-30-2010, 01:53 PM
I felt it too!

Dirtyd0g
12-30-2010, 04:36 PM
I was asleep, didn't wake me up.
Alan

BlazinEagle
12-30-2010, 11:50 PM
It woke my wife up. She thought rumpke was doing blasts

JET50213
12-31-2010, 10:44 AM
It shook the bed and woke me up. I heard the rumble as well and the house was creaking! I was glad to find out it was an earthquake, I was a little concerned that I was losing it!