PDA

View Full Version : Hey Marvin Lewis..

85_SS_302_Coupe
01-03-2011, 06:05 AM
Whatch that door on your way out, it shuts fast and has a taste for ass meat! Do us a favor and take Mike Brown with ya.

:flipoff:

djom1cincy
01-03-2011, 06:52 AM
Just remember. Marvin is out because he wants to be. He had a contract offer after last season.

DSSKing68
01-03-2011, 07:09 AM
The PITT job is open again.....

He should take Palmer with him as well...that guy is horrible.

85_SS_302_Coupe
01-03-2011, 08:07 AM
I might be wrong but i believe he has the worst career coaching record with the bengals in the history of the team.

COOP
01-03-2011, 08:23 AM
[QUOTE=85_SS_302_Coupe;620202]I might be wrong but i believe he has the worst career coaching record with the bengals in the history of the team.[/QUOTE

you are incorrect. there were others far worse. lewis has about a .469 win to total game ratio
le beau for example had a .267
lewis did lose more games as coach than any one else

85_SS_302_Coupe
01-03-2011, 08:31 AM
I might be wrong but i believe he has the worst career coaching record with the bengals in the history of the team.

lewis did lose more games as coach than any one else

Isn't that the same thing?

JASON408
01-03-2011, 09:22 AM
yep marvin lewis is the winest coach in bengals history and also the longest bengals have ever hade a coach .. he sured up the defence and went to the play offs twice and divison champs once but since he could not fire mike browns lame attemp at a offence cordator .we go back to blacked out games and loosin ./ mavin had his screw ups but prob the best coach we will ever see around here

COOP
01-03-2011, 10:25 AM

nope. thats like saying favre is the worst qb because he has thrown the most interceptions. marvin lost more games because his career was longer. not saying marv is a great coach by any means but he is far from the worst bengals coach

Black92LX
01-03-2011, 10:57 AM
Sadly I don't know if I see him going anywhere.
Not sure who (pro level would take him) and we all know Mike Brown is a big enough idiot to keep him around.

Won't be sad by any means if he is gone, but won't be surprised if he is back next year.

04 Venom
01-03-2011, 10:58 AM
Where are all the Steeler bashers now? The difference betwen the Bengals and consistent franchises like New England and Pittsburgh is the front office and coaching staffs.

COOP
01-03-2011, 11:02 AM

The difference betwen the Bengals and consistent franchises like New England and Pittsburgh is the front office and coaching staffs.

that could be the most obvious post ive ever read.

05yellowgt
01-03-2011, 11:32 AM
If Mike Brown would at least hire a GM, then the franchise might have a chance. I really like Marvin as a Coach, but he's burned out mostly because of the front office of Cincy. He's going to be a very successful coach, with some other team.

Steves LX
01-03-2011, 12:34 PM
Well if Marvin is offered to stick around I wouldn't blame him if he didn't unless he gets what he wants. They need a GM and Mike Brown isn't it. Most of all they need to shit can Bob Bratkowski. I wouldn't piss on that guy if he was on fire. He would manage to screw that up as well.

Black92LX
01-03-2011, 07:49 PM
Another thing a lot of folks over look is us really needing an indoor practice field. But again Mike Brown is too cheap.

RyanR
01-03-2011, 09:29 PM
Another thing a lot of folks over look is us really needing an indoor practice field. But again Mike Brown is too cheap.

They need to level the stadium they have and put something worth watching there.

Katmandu
01-03-2011, 09:41 PM
If Mike Brown would at least hire a GM, then the franchise might have a chance. I really like Marvin as a Coach, but he's burned out mostly because of the front office of Cincy. He's going to be a very successful coach, with some other team.X2. :bigthumb

Q: All you people calling for Marvin's head.... Where the F**C where you this time last year ??? Oh! I remember! You were cheering him on like no tomorrow that's right !! :rolleyes:

You mean to tell me Marvin LOST all his mo-jo in ONE season ? BULLSHIT !

Marvin is NOT the Bengals main problem or even close to it!

Mike Brown is. He's a complete friggin moron! Right up there with Al Davis and that egomanic down in Dallas!

BTW, who is the main person (in the Bengal's franchise) that is responsible for RECRUITING players ??

The Bengals NEED many more experienced SCOUTS. They have far too few for a Professional team.

They need to start recruiting players with LEADERSHIP abilities. NOT just RAW talent! Then Bengals have all the talent right now to be Super Bowl contenders. They just have NO Leadership. Leadership does NOT just come from (1) man.... the head coach, it comes from the team captains and the players themselves.

chadomac
01-04-2011, 05:11 AM
X2. :bigthumb

Q: All you people calling for Marvin's head.... Where the F**C where you this time last year ??? Oh! I remember! You were cheering him on like no tomorrow that's right !! :rolleyes:

Mike Brown is. He's a complete friggin moron! Right up there with Al Davis and that egomanic down in Dallas!

BTW, who is the main person (in the Bengal's franchise) that is responsible for RECRUITING players ??

The Bengals NEED many more experienced SCOUTS. They have far too few for a Professional team.

They need to start recruiting players with LEADERSHIP abilities. NOT just RAW talent! Then Bengals have all the talent right now to be Super Bowl contenders. They just have NO Leadership. Leadership does NOT just come from (1) man.... the head coach, it comes from the team captains and the players themselves.

:bigthumb......now that Cleveland needs a coach it would be awesome to see him go there and shove it up are asses twice a year it would be what all the fans that blame this whole mess on him deserve! ITS NOT ALL MARVINS FAULT! also who in there right mind would want to come here and coach if he left? no one....not only will we loose are head coach but half of our scouting dept LOL.. Keep Mr Lewis its are best option...its are only option.

Black92LX
01-04-2011, 10:31 AM
X2. :bigthumb

I have been calling for Marvin's job for the past couple of years. I really don't think he is that stellar of a coach. He is a good coach but not a great coach and while some teams will do really well with a good coach at the helm, with all the other things working against the Bengals they need a great coach.
While I agree that Mike Brown is the largest problem and always will be as long as he is there though I don't think his daughter will be much better.

The list of those that need to go include
Marvin
Carson
Chad
T.O.

The Bengal's have become Mike Browns land of Misfit Toys and it works for a year or part of a year but does not help to build a franchise. It's time he takes a risk get some fresh talent and stop picking everyones left overs.
I have to say that I am really surprised we did not end up with Michael Vick on the team.

COOP
01-04-2011, 10:48 AM
I have to say that I am really surprised we did not end up with Michael Vick on the team.

the bengals tried to get vick, he turned them down

05yellowgt
01-04-2011, 10:54 AM
I have been calling for Marvin's job for the past couple of years. I really don't think he is that stellar of a coach. He is a good coach but not a great coach and while some teams will do really well with a good coach at the helm, with all the other things working against the Bengals they need a great coach.
While I agree that Mike Brown is the largest problem and always will be as long as he is there though I don't think his daughter will be much better.

The list of those that need to go include
Marvin
Carson
Chad
T.O.

The Bengal's have become Mike Browns land of Misfit Toys and it works for a year or part of a year but does not help to build a franchise. It's time he takes a risk get some fresh talent and stop picking everyones left overs.
I can't really agree with any of that besides the land of misfit toys comment. Marvin Lewis is a Defense first coach that will do an amazing job as a head coach when allowed to actually BE a head coach instead of someone that has good ideas that are simply ignored by his boss. I also think that Carson, Chad and T.O. should all come back. Chad just needs a slap back into reality from OchoCinco Land and spend an off season TRAINING with T.O. and get himself into real shape instead of relying only on his natural talents. T.O. can get the job done still he just needs to be with Chad to help keep themselves balanced. Chad and T.O. are good for eachother both on and off the field. Can you imagine if T.O. was still in Philly, Dallas, or Buffalo and the team had a season like the Bengals did? He'd have climbed the Empire State building wearing a giant diaper and carrying a megaphone to cry to the world.

The parts are already in place except for upper management that gives a shit about the team.

nkystanger
01-04-2011, 12:19 PM
I dont think it's Marvins fault, but i still want him gone. I dont like his clock management or late game play calling. Its like he meltsdown when the game is close, I've been saying this for years.

Marvin had two winning seasons out of his 8 years here, anywhere else and he would have already been fired, but Mike Brown is happy as long as the games sell out.

I wish someone would offer a ton of money to buy the franchise from the Browns but sadly i dont think it will ever happen. It will probably only get worse when Mike's daughter takes over after he dies....

COOP
01-04-2011, 12:21 PM
fyi, pro football talk.com is reporting lewis is staying in cincy

relaxednoma
01-04-2011, 12:26 PM
indeed. just got an update that he's excpected to stay.

I think with a better overall team he'd be a moderate playoff contender, especially if they played a full 4 quarters instead of picking 2 to acutally play and 2 to eff up.

Mike Brown is an absolute idiot 100% and would be warranted a GTFO card.

COOP
01-04-2011, 12:32 PM
well maybe they will give marv more control and start to break up the current front office

skeptiq
01-04-2011, 12:46 PM
well maybe they will give marv more control and start to break up the current front office

Bwahaha, I just spit coffee out of my mouth... I would be SHOCKED if that happened. At best they might get the indoor practice, hopefully NOT on the dime of the Hamilton county tax payer...

Article about Marvin staying: LINKY!!! (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5987400)

Ben

'92Stang
01-04-2011, 01:32 PM

Being that Mike Browns brother, sons, daughter, and son in law occupy every position from vice president to exec. vice president I doubt that will happen anytime soon. The only way that front office is getting busted up, is if an airliner crashes at a Brown family reunion...

big cheif
01-04-2011, 02:18 PM
I also say palmer needs to go also. In my opinion he has not been worth a damn since pitts took out his knee.

chadomac
01-04-2011, 04:57 PM
Welcome back marvin!!!!!

85_SS_302_Coupe
01-04-2011, 05:21 PM
I don't blame it all on Marvin but i do think he could do a lot more to discipline the team. Think back on all the times we had players getting arrested for stupid shit...you can argue that a player will do what they do on off time, but i think a good coach could instill enough discipline in those same players to know better than to act up or it'll be hell to pay later when it's game time again. I'm sure Mike Brown has a lot to do with how much Marvin can do, but i think things like this are things Marvin could and should do better. Then again, it has been a while since anyone got in trouble so maybe he's doing better.

It's like someone said a while back, there really isn't anyone on this team that likely wouldn't do better with another team...from 85 to Palmer to Marvin...they all have the ability, there's just something within the team that isn't clicking and i sort of blame Marvin for not making it click, maybe i'm wrong for that but that is sort of a coach's job right?

cobra429boss
01-04-2011, 05:56 PM
I had a wierd feeling he wasnt going any where

cobra429boss
01-04-2011, 05:58 PM
Welcome back marvin!!!!!
Yeah Just seen that.. Marvin is here to stay.. Well at least one more year anyway

DSSKing68
01-04-2011, 06:07 PM
All I can say is....wow. :confused:

Coach of the year then 4-12? And they want him back? LOL

85_SS_302_Coupe
01-04-2011, 06:13 PM
All I can say is....wow. :confused:

Coach of the year then 4-12? And they want him back? LOL

That's the crazy part...WTF happened between last year and this year??

:confused:

cobra429boss
01-04-2011, 06:49 PM
too many showoffs

Katmandu
01-04-2011, 09:23 PM
That's the crazy part...WTF happened between last year and this year??

:confused:Proved last year was a fluke. :rolleyes:

Yellow98Cobra
01-04-2011, 09:31 PM
Proved last year was a fluke. :rolleyes:

In all reality this year was just like last year, we just dropped the ball rather then pulling it out of our asses at the end of the game. If you look at our losses we never really got spanked and the game could have gone either way, but we came up with some way to fuck it up.

clueless_racing
01-04-2011, 09:33 PM
Yeah Just seen that.. Marvin is here to stay.. Well at least one more year anyway

he signed for 2 more years actually :rolleyes:.All of the guys on here that say mike brown needs to go is absolutely correct,but we all know that isnt going to happen.He had the nerve to say in the press conference earlier that marvin lewis has just as much say so in what goes on with the team as any other head coach in the nfl.If that were true we would have a hell of a team.I think marvin has the ability to be a good coach if certain people would let him be....

djom1cincy
01-04-2011, 09:37 PM
I have money that says chad and t.o. are gone. That will be a good thing.

redfirepearlgt
01-04-2011, 10:51 PM
4-12 HA! My mother could take cinti 4-12. What do ya think about that Mikey B.?

Agreed not Marvy's fault here but the guy should have known coming in he was going to be taking the position of "yes man/fall guy". Now he wants 2 more years? Can't be the money, Mikey B. doesn't pay (well compared to NFL salaries). I would venture a guess that his coaching career is done due to taking this well known "yes man/fall guy" position and there is no where else to go but down. Every member of the NFL and every person that can spell football knows the coach position at Cinti is nothign more than being a Personal Assistant to MIkey Brown. Sorry but bad move Marv! Sure you are a nice guy and you may have been a good coach, but you made a very bad life decision as will any coach taking your place down the road. Enjoy the rest of the ride.

beefcake
01-04-2011, 11:29 PM
they were saying he wants scouts, a dome, and a gm, wonder how much of that he'll get lol

DSSKing68
01-05-2011, 07:20 AM
I'm pretty sure he'll get none of it...he's a Mike Brown Puppet. He knew he couldn't go anywhere else, so he just stayed here....

Here's what was achieved over the last two days, maybe, sort of, apparently:

Mike and Marvin agree the team needs an indoor place to practice. Marvin wants it yesterday; Mike is not "as keen" on making that happen. He thinks it's more of a "perception," the need to train inside when it's awful outside.

No question. Now someone call the equipment guys and get those leather helmets ready to go.

Mike and Marvin agree, publicly, that the personnel "department" is fine and dandy and needs no upgrading. It's 1975 and Gil Brandt rules the scouting world, apparently.

"I don't apologize for our scouting. I think it works all right," Mike said. He cited a statistic that suggested in the last 10 years, the Bengals rank 10th in the league, in the number of games played by players they drafted.

In those 10 seasons, the Bengals are 68-93-1. Nothing says "winning" quite like spending a decade 25 games under .500. That's a rousing endorsement of the way you judge talent, evidently.

Mike also cited the preseason trade for safety Reggie Nelson as proof of the Bengals' crack personal "department."

Well, OK. Nelson is a decent player with a chance to get better. He is not a difference maker. No opponent game-plans for Reggie Nelson. You don't say "Ed Reed, Troy Polamalu and Reggie Nelson" often in the same sentence.

Mike and Marvin suggested there will be changes in the coaching staff. Excuse me: Mike said changes will be "considered." While no one expected either gentleman to lop an assistant's head off in a press conference, the possibility exists that the lopping will be minimal. The sacrificial lop-ee is likely to be offensive coordinator Bob Bratkowski.

Other than that, Lewis and Brown decided they'd had some real good talks the last two days. "Everybody talked about the things that are important to us," Lewis said. No word if the lotus position was involved, or how many Kumbayas were chanted.

What comes of those talks is anybody's guess. The principles weren't overflowing with details. What remained crystal clear, though, was this:

It's Mike's football. It's Mike's way or the highway.

Lewis even said this: "Every time I come down here (to the interview room) and say something, it's what we've decided to do. Once Mike tells me this is going to be green or blue, that's what it's going to be."

redfirepearlgt
01-05-2011, 07:57 AM
they were saying he wants scouts, a dome, and a gm, wonder how much of that he'll get lol

Time to stop the high class welfare nanny in its tracks. Just say no!!

Pitbull1052
01-05-2011, 09:59 AM
I have money that says chad and t.o. are gone. That will be a good thing.

That wont happen maybe T.O. but not Chad MB has never ever paid a player or coach to leave and for Chad to go they'd have to pay him like 3 mill or something........

chadomac
01-05-2011, 06:06 PM
That wont happen maybe T.O. but not Chad MB has never ever paid a player or coach to leave and for Chad to go they'd have to pay him like 3 mill or something........

they have a option on him. it will cost them 6 million if they keep him if not they cut ties and it dont cost them a dime. i see them cutting ties with him