PDA

View Full Version : Anyone sell appliances or do carpet? Work at Lowe's, Home Depot, Etc.?

5.0calypso93lx
01-05-2011, 02:43 PM
Just wondering if anyone on here works at Lowe's, Home Depot, etc that sell appliances.

I've got a quote from HHGregg for all kitchen appliances and washer and dryer and looking to see if anyone can do better.

Looking to do this ASAP (tonight would be great). Gotta have this by the end of the week at the latest.

I also need carpet. I've also got a quote from a guy at Choice Carpets but am required to get a second quote. I need living room, stairs, hallway and 3 bedrooms done.

Please pm your phone number or PM me and I'll send you my number to call.

Thanks guys

cobra429boss
01-05-2011, 02:49 PM
lowes will price match anyone

Pitbull1052
01-05-2011, 03:00 PM
if you're getting the carpet I can do the install just need to know how many yards of carpet

5.0calypso93lx
01-05-2011, 03:12 PM
Unfortunately, with the type of loan I'm getting for the house, I'm required to roll the carpet into the purchase because there can't be any subfloor showing, which there is right now in the rooms described.

In order for the final approval to be done, I have to have a written quote, with carpet and installation included together because they won't write me a check to just go buy carpet and have someone install it. They require both to be together because the check will actually be made out directly to the person/contractor doing the job, not me.

Stangman
01-05-2011, 03:12 PM
My friend Jamie does carpet for Lowes. (not sure which store) He's good, used to be my dad's helper when my dad did carpet install

5.0calypso93lx
01-05-2011, 03:16 PM
My friend Jamie does carpet for Lowes. (not sure which store) He's good, used to be my dad's helper when my dad did carpet install

Can you pm me his number?

Mr.Moontang
01-05-2011, 03:50 PM
Check your pm's

Stangman
01-05-2011, 03:53 PM
Can you pm me his number?

I dont have it, but I'll see about getting it.

5.0calypso93lx
01-05-2011, 03:56 PM
Thanks. And just to make it more clear guys, I have to have invoices for this stuff from an actual contractor or company with their letterhead.

2Kblacksleeper
01-05-2011, 03:59 PM
The bad thing for you timing wise is that both lowes and Home depot have to come out and measure your areas to be install to get an official quote.

I work for HD and sell flooring. If you have any questions feel free to pm me. If you want to pm me your sizes of the areas i can give you a rough estimate. I'm off work today but ill be there at 5am tomorrow.

What kind of carpet do you want? Just basic plush, berber, short shag, color? Basic pad or up graded with a moisture and stain blocker.

2Kblacksleeper
01-05-2011, 04:00 PM
Ive got a good friend that works for lowes, and he used to work with me. So we know eachothers policies.

John

5.0calypso93lx
01-05-2011, 04:08 PM
The bad thing for you timing wise is that both lowes and Home depot have to come out and measure your areas to be install to get an official quote.

I work for HD and sell flooring. If you have any questions feel free to pm me. If you want to pm me your sizes of the areas i can give you a rough estimate. I'm off work today but ill be there at 5am tomorrow.

What kind of carpet do you want? Just basic plush, berber, short shag, color? Basic pad or up graded with a moisture and stain blocker.

Is this required? I already have a detailed quote with dimensions from Choice Carpets and I'm almost positive I'll be using him for the job. The problem is, is that the underwriter for the bank came back and said they require two invoices from two different places.

I'm not sure if the naming and color naming is the same for all carpeting but the carpet I chose is Frieze and the color is called Tryllium.

2Kblacksleeper
01-05-2011, 04:16 PM
Sadly it is required for both. Also carpet naming is not the same for each retailer.
There is a style name it goes by and then a color.

The mills dont want everyone to have the same thing. Then they would loose money.
I.e. HD, Lowes, has more buying power than a smaller shop. So they get a better price. So the mill changes face weight, density, twist, fiber type, and color batches to make everyone happy.

Do not buy a carpet based on warrenty. If you read the fine print they dont cover shit.
Wear warrenty is basically wearing the carpet down to the backing. Basically walking off all the fiber. If the fiber goes flat it does not count.

Also with the Frieze cpts they require lots of vacuuming. There designed to be soft and flow with the traffic. Well they mat down and to fluff them back up you have to vacuum them back up.

5.0calypso93lx
01-05-2011, 04:17 PM
Sadly it is required for both. Also carpet naming is not the same for each retailer.
There is a style name it goes by and then a color.

The mills dont want everyone to have the same thing. Then they would loose money.
I.e. HD, Lowes, has more buying power than a smaller shop. So they get a better price. So the mill changes face weight, density, twist, fiber type, and color batches to make everyone happy.

Do not buy a carpet based on warrenty. If you read the fine print they dont cover shit.
Wear warrenty is basically wearing the carpet down to the backing. Basically walking off all the fiber. If the fiber goes flat it does not count.

Also with the Frieze cpts they require lots of vacuuming. There designed to be soft and flow with the traffic. Well they mat down and to fluff them back up you have to vacuum them back up.

PM sent.

2Kblacksleeper
01-05-2011, 04:18 PM
Also look at it like this. with a Frieze, if you spill something it gets into the fiber faster since the way the strands stand up and somewhat lay flat on their sides.

Where as a dense plush the liquid would sit on the top till it absorbes down.

I just want you to know the pros and cons of that kind of carpet.

Some times you can get good deals at those places where they carry closeouts or ends of production. Pay attention to fiber type and is it a brand name fiber?

JOhn

2Kblacksleeper
01-05-2011, 04:21 PM
replied

thecollector
01-06-2011, 10:09 PM
Sears outlet on colerain ave is a good place for appliances. Got my fridge there for 70% off.