PDA

View Full Version : Looking for an entry level job

306Power
01-18-2011, 01:22 AM
So does anyone have some advice, places, or even ideas on some entry level jobs that has to do with anything auto or even blue collar related? I don't have any formal experience in that at all and I'm looking for something more blue collar as I cant stand sitting all day like I do now. I'm 19 soon to be 20 going to be going to Gateway for Auto Tech this coming semester or as soon as they'll let me start once I pass their test this Wed. Should I just look for places to hire me on as Oil and Tire guy? Or do people know a better way for entry level young guys like me to get into it while I'm going to school? Thanks for any advice!

Gene
01-18-2011, 01:47 PM
Any of the tire or oil change places will hire you with little or no formal experience as long as you sound like you kind of know what you're doing and aren't going to cause too much damage while you're learning. If you sound sharp, you may even be able to talk your way into a muffler and brake shop job.

Once you get started at Gateway, talk to your instructors. I would bet that some of them know of local garages that might hire you on part time as an apprentice.

97dustang
01-18-2011, 01:58 PM
what part of town are you in? the best way will be to get in as an oil guy and they will more than likely keep you at that position until your able to work full time and then you can start to move up

306Power
01-18-2011, 02:35 PM
I'm in Northern Kentucky... Guess I could apply at Tire Discounters, Quikstop, and probably Goodyear that's all pretty close to me. If I start out as a tool bitch and oil/tire guy I'd be perfectly happy with that, just something that isnt sitting at a dead end desk job and that is more towards what it is I want to do while I'm at Gateway.